This game is seriously great.
I'm not really looking for a whole lot of replies or start an argument but how can anyone seriously hate this game? There are some glitches here and there and the lag can be a pain but the game is a blast. 8/10 most definitely. I've played quite a few games and visit the forums for those games. Oddly enough every forum I have been to is filled with people complaining because it's not what they want and how the server's suck. This was the case for Battlefield 3, Battlefield 2, and UFC Undisputed 3. Nothing new.
Sit back, learn how to play the game and enjoy it. It's great.
I love this game, I hate the disconnection issue.
Originally Posted by uwilltap3
Lag is not even a real big issue with me either.
No no. I love the game. It's really fun, and stuff... but here are some reasons why I hate the game:
1) Connection issues. Period.
2) Messed up game mechanics. I've been shot by a guy who's throat I'm in the process of slitting, from behind, and it wasn't due to lag. The game was just made that way, so that certain aspects of it can mess up.
3) Practically everyone who plays this game thinks their an elite tactical soldier, simply because they play a certain genre of video games. They'll tell you, "PTFO", or "Get out of here with that [insert playstyle here]," just because you play a different way than they do.
4) I'm not trying to be mean or anything -- this is just an observation -- but this game has got to have the stupidest overall population of any video game ever. There are still loads of people who, after multiple months of playing, don't know how to revive a teammate, even though it says, "X - Revive Teammate"!
5) This game is dying faster than pretty much any other recent game. Some nights, I'll find that I'm the one of the only players trying to play Stockade. There will be like 3 of us, and we'll just keep searching and finding the same empty lobbies over and over. People just won't stick around and wait for the game to fix itself that much longer.
6) Stockade, while it's my favorite game mode, brings out the worst in people. The most common playstyle I see is the player who leaves their spawn area, deploys their stun mines or claymores, then returns to the spawn area for the rest of the game. I mean, why are you going to purchase a video game to not even play it? I hate being penalized because I actually move around the map. No matter how tactically I move, there's always going to be a point where I run out of EMPs, and my only choice is to go around the corner to have an angle to shoot the claymore, at which point it will explode in my face. And seriously guys, it's no fun having to run into YOUR SPAWN to fight you.
7) I bought the DLC, and while it has some good content, not a lot of the game's population bought it... The player base was low in numbers to begin with, so some nights I can't even play the DLC because no one else is online that has it.
So here's the summary:
I love the game. If people would just stop being stupid and actually play the game, I would be able to enjoy myself. And if Ubisoft would fix the general issues that have plagued the game since launch, the game would be easier to enjoy, and it might not drive more people away.
This is a GREAT game but only when it works properly, which rarely happens for a lot of people.
I think you might be misunderstanding where all the criticism is coming from. I think a lot of people enjoy playing it, but there are things that should be ironed out by the release date of a game that are not.
I think there are people who criticize about the issues with the game that should already be dealt with in the pre-release of the game (i.e. connection issues, freezing, glitches, frozen lobbies, things not loading when the game starts, etc...) And then there is people who criticize about what is unbalanced or things that they want added to make the game better.
I'll keep it short, but this is the best multiplayer (and the most fun I have had with an online multiplayer) I have played since Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Not surprisingly, also from Ubisoft/Tom Clancy. Ghost Recon 2 was pretty fun although I didn't play it that much. I have played all the Gears of Wars, Call of Duties and Medal of Honor as far as the ones I remember. Only played the betas for the last 2 Battlefields, but wasn't too sure about them. It's not fair to mention since I never played the full retail games.
But I have a blast playing this online. The lag is no where near as frustrating as it is on other games.
On a sidenote, I thought the campaign was a lot of fun too. It may have been easy but those challenges really spiced things up and really helped make up for that. It felt like watching a movie with a personal point of view much like Act of Valor. I thought it was great.
You're entitled to your own opinion op, please respect the opinion of others.
Lol but seriously though, this game is good, but the bugs on single player campaign, the lack of room searches for guerrila or co-op, the repeatetiveness of guerrila mode and lack of any real objective other than "sneak one round, camp the other nine", the connection issues, the horrible hit detection at distances as well as bullets not landing on the targets when scoped, the lack of dedi servers, the lag (shooting players on a downed state more than 4 times to kill them), the emphasis on team objectives on a community of lone wolves are the few things that I can think of now that destroy my experience. It makes this game a 6/10 when it could easily be a 9/10.
I love this game, sure lag is an issue, but what game doesn't have their big faults?
Skyrim was really buggy at first (Backwards flying dragon, yay!)
Battlefield 3 took 5 months just to install and option to leave the lobby...Seriously?
CoD...Well, I think we all know that too well...
While I could go on, most people assume that this is the worst community because they say "get skill noob!"...Clearly you have never been to the Monster Hunter board on gamefaqs...It could always be worse...
I got upside down flying dragons, I always thought they were just OP like that. If I can scream myself into a ghost, it would be unfair for me to say that a dragon can't fly upside down, now when it flies underneath the map, that's another thing.
Originally Posted by Megaman Z3R0
Anyway, Skyrim is an RPG and a massive one at that so bugs and glitches are to be expected. This game has your team crawling into walls and getting themselves stuck there preventing you from movng forward, oh and it's not an RPG, just a simple shooter. I've never experienced any glitches on any CoD campaign nor did I see any on BF3.
When this game is on, it is by far my favorite shooter.
However I never start a session of GRFS and expect to play 10-15 matches without at least a couple of those matches failing hard.
Nothing worse than putting 4 rounds into a guys face only to have him spray bullets in your general direction and you die.
Oh well, I always come back for more punishment.
because this is supposed to be a top of the line title, we expect near perfection. I really do enjoy the game, but there are a few things that ubisoft really screwed up on as well as some things that needed a lot more love than they got.
most of the hate is also fueled by butthurt,been playing with a bunch of forumers and the people who ***** usually SUCK HARD, hell the best forumer I've played with just reads posts, doesn't even have an account....