Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrice desilets: "First game is the purest" | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Banned
    Err..no. Most of it was really...gray. Some less gray than others, but still.
    But at what price? being extremely repetitive. Hell, that killed the game for alot of people, and the missions were not really the best thing out there. Collecting flags? come on.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Actually, If properly analyzed, AC II was repetitive as well. think about it, each NPC had the same layout of Introduction. He/she is in trouble, Help, then help his/her comrades. spread his/her men, and finally attack.

Thats how every Mission after the Pazzi Conspiracy went. With AC I for every Target I`d use a different set of Investigations each time so that it doesnt feel watered out and it worked for me. In my opinion AC I was the best in terms of Atmosphere and context.

Quote Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD View Post
    But at what price? being extremely repetitive. Hell, that killed the game for alot of people, and the missions were not really the best thing out there. Collecting flags? come on.
    You dislike the atmosphere, the missions, and collectibles.
    Do you really "love AC1"?

Quote Originally Posted by HaSoOoN-MHD View Post
    If it was grey for you then you must have had problems with your screen...

And flags? AC2 had feathers, brotherhood had flags again, I'll give that in revelations the collectibles served a reasonable purpose.
    Plus in AC1 you had the 60 Templars you had to find and kill, that was fun.

Banned
    Not really. 2 missions like that were present, one for the thieves guild, one for the Mercenaries. That is all I remember.
    EDIT: The Grey actually works for the game, but saying it's all beautiful is meh.
    The collectibles were a pain, and were useless. At the very least you got something in the rest.
    60 Templars were fun, tho.
    I finished it alot too, because past the extremely repetitive missions, it is really fun.
    Last edited by HaSoOoN-MHD; 07-31-2012 at 10:43 PM.

I agree with him, I think it is basically in the part of The Kingdom before the Acre loading screen there is what looks like a pit for what looks like a mass grave that has been dug by the Crusaders and there was a fence around it with a small encampent. Outside Damascus or Jerusalem there is a pretty big encampment that is crowded with guards and I think you get attacked on sight if you enter.It's the small things like those that I love about AC1. I usually have 2-3 playthroughs of AC1 a year and I haven't really got bored of it yet, a great sense of nostalgia comes when playing it.

AC1 was also great on the eyes, the cities looked great and each had their own unique atmosphere.
    Last edited by ShaneO7K; 07-31-2012 at 10:44 PM.

I think this really comes down to variety of Opinions. I think AC I indeed presents the Pure form of the Assassins Creed element. It gave off a beautiful Atmosphere that represented a dark time in the Levant which showed how each city operated under such circumstances. The Colors indeed gave it off perfectly and the Soundtrack was spot-on for each place. I truly felt like I was in a holy place when visiting Jerusalem, I felt the glory of the Arab Civilization in Damascus and I felt the Awe and pain of war when visiting Acre, a city that was sieged before the events of the game. The original AC presented a formula of duty, a set of rules that were fun to follow in each Mission.

The Collectibles were indeed meh, but not for their relevance but because they had no reward.

All in all AC I was a splendid game to play and If I found that game horrible then no way on earth would I have continued till now..

I'll agree with him that AC1 offered the most freedom, but the unscripted things he mentioned (like killing the guy on the stage and running from his followers) are literally the ONLY fun part of the game. I still go back to AC1 on occasion to mess around in the Kingdom and explore the cities, but I will never play through the story again. Pick-pocketing targets, eavesdropping, saving civilians, doing tasks for those annoying Assassin informants... All of it was painfully boring after the first few times. Every single game of the Ezio trilogy (even the oft-criticized Revelations) far surpassed AC1 in my eyes. Yes, we lost a lot of the unscripted content, but we at least got missions that were bearable to replay.

I totally agree with him.

The idea behind AC was to make a social-stealth game (series). In terms of that AC(1) was the best and purest AC game.

Banned
    When they based the game on Hashashin they sort of doomed the Social Stealth aspect.
    The Hashashin were not the stealthiest bunch.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast