Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Features uPlay needs to succeed | Forums

Features uPlay needs to succeed

Thought i'd post an update

You really need to get cd key redemption into the client so people can redeem a key from their dvd or from a digital store like greenmangaming, or even your own ubishop and just download the game then and there. Loads of people are having issues with redeeming promo codes from nvidia, samsung etc for games - going through ubishop and awaiting x amount of time for a confirmation email or for a game to even appear under the library is is terrible, just put it all into the client already. It should all be as simple as getting a product key from wherever, entering into the client and seeing the game added to your library instantly to unlock upon release, or ready for download immediately

Also, why is there so much downtime? You do realize that you've made ALL of your games use this service so expect a lot of useage. Maybe its time to upgrade your setup over there so it can cope with the demand so the servers aren't going down every other day

--------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Ubi's sole aim is to establish uPlay as a decent platform for its own franchises, then its not going to be that hard to achieve, just throw in a few decent features that all download clients should have and you're set - uPlay could be an acceptable addition to Ubi games. It wont be able to compete with Steam and Origin, but at least it could become a useable platform to play Ubi games on.

If you're going to force users to use uPlay, dont make it a POS.
    Off the top of my head i came up with 7 core features that uPlay is lacking:

1. Bug Fixes and Bug Fixes - Deleting user save files, preventing users from logging in, displaying legitimate CD keys as duplicate. This is pathetic and needs to be addressed above all. Each release should be beta tested at the very least.

2. Redeem CD Keys - Right now you need to insert an installation disc to bind a key to your account, there should be an option to redeem a key and download the game

3. Repair Games -
    If an installation is incomplete or corrupts, there should be an easy option to repair the game, rather than download all over again

4. Cancel downloads - if you start a download you can only pause it, there is no way to cancel it that i am aware of.

5. Automated Installation - convenience is key, after a game is downloaded one click is all it should take to install a game, not trudging through windows installer. Same rules should apply for removing and uninstalling games. For this to work there must be an option to tell uPlay where the default install folder or hard drive for all games should be

6. Functional Friends List - Cant add anyone properly, searching for username yields nothing, its useless right now

7. Shop for DLC/Add-Ons - Ubi games especially have a sickening amount of DLC and pre-order fluff, there should be an option to right click a game and show all available DLC for a game. Purchasing, downloading and installation should ideally be one or two clicks work and automated.8. Language Selection - Add languages to the games (e.g. there is no Russian language, but the games were published localized in russian). Allow to choose the language of sound and the language of subtitles separately before and after installation.
    Last edited by iNvid22; 12-02-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for compiling this list, INvidious02 ;-)
    Uplay Community Developer
    Facebook
    / Google+ / Support

Auto-installation can be a problem. It should at least ask for a folder to install to.

This is who I am
    Escapist, paradise seeker

8. Add languages to the games (e.g. there is no Russian language, but the games were published localized in russian). Allow to choose the language of sound and the language of subtitles separately.

language selection added to op, thanks andorian

Make games downloadable FOREVER without fee. Ability to choose destination where games download.

Redeeming keys possibly is the most important feature. I just want to activate all my retail games from ubisoft without inserting the discs and starting the installer!

Quote Originally Posted by Net_Runn3r View Post
    Make games downloadable FOREVER without fee. Ability to choose destination where games download.
    the games in your library are available to download forever just like steam and origin so thats been covered.

the only thing lacking is custom install directories, but not even steam has managed to do this yet. i think other features need addressing first - mainly bug fixes and cd key redemption and game installation without using a disc

Quote Originally Posted by puxili View Post
    Redeeming keys possibly is the most important feature. I just want to activate all my retail games from ubisoft without inserting the discs and starting the installer!
    really surprised that this is missing, fine you can't redeem games purchased from Steam through uplay but what about other e-retailers that issue you a cd-key?

one option that none of these e-retail frontend programs get right is the ability to install a game to a drive/folder other than where the uPlay client is installed. You should be given an option of where you want your games downloaded and then during install the option of choosing where you want them installed.

Agree with you Dangerdoggie,
    For my computer I own 2 SSD's of 60 GB 1 for windows and 1 for games. also 1 normal drive of 750 GB for normal stuff and or games i hardly play but still want installed.
    So Basically I want to install the Uplay to drive C windows SSD, the games I play oftnen and require quick load to D Games SSD and all the rest to the big normal HDD.
    It should be so easy to fix choosing how and where each game needs installing....
    Also a really really quick MUST HAVE is cd key insertion I puchase most games trough online retailers so only get email with key. Please create option in Uplay where you can enter / redeem key.

Also no limit to installing a game to a pc. I own multiple pc's and laptops and want to be able to install the game to all pc's, laptops at the same time. And since it runs trough Uplay (when it works) it chan check if the game is already running or not. It would be only fair to not check how many times something is installed but make it so that it checks if it is running already yes or no! This would be fair DRM in my opinion. Still no DRM is better... I am strongly considering piracy just to play games on all my devices if these things will not be fixed. Currently I cannot play Anno 2070 because of this I installed to multiple pc's and had to format also and now im screwed. Customer support doesnt help. reply after 2 weeks of contacting customer support that i had to reply back to them WITHIN 48 hours with pictures of box and key I do not have these since it is a digital download... I can only provide the valid key...

All and all Im NOT happy at this moment....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast