Thread: I'm I finished? | Forums

I'm I finished?

Basically I was reckless and ended up in the middle of a pretty big Japanese fleet. I sunk roughly 30,000 tonnes of tanker and battleships. Now I was taking on a lot of water and my bulkhead was damaged so I was stationary at a depth of 60ft with a destroyer depth charging me repeatedly however for the first time ever it seemed to give up and float away. Now little known to me after I had repaired the bulkhead and emptied the sub of water, I realised that 2 of Diesel and electric engines were completely destroyed in my balboa class sub. This means I only have 2 diesel and 2 electric engines left. I'm I finished? Am I stranded forever?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

No, you should be able to crawl painfully and slowly back to port. I was in a battle where both of my port electric and diesel were gone and one of my starboard electrics and a diesel was gone. I made it back to port at like 5 knots but I still made it back. You should be alright.

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"

I can't seem to move at all, I don't see why. It doesn't matter if I'm submerged or not, the electric engines just don't seem to want to run...

Quote Originally Posted by lfc908 View Post
    I can't seem to move at all, I don't see why. It doesn't matter if I'm submerged or not, the electric engines just don't seem to want to run...
    If you had your crew at battle stations for the combat and repair, make sure you turn off battle stations or they may be too worn out for your boat to move.

My crews fatigue is at around 47, is this too low to start running the boat?

Are you playing stock, if so the damage model and zones are very poorly done? The game basically has 2 engines zones,
    so you're done for......you'll have to start a new career or go back to a previous save point.

If you leave battlestations on your crew will function until they all fall asleep, so the boat doesn't work, this isn't your problem.

You may want to look into the mods.

Thanks for the replies, yeah I'm playing the stock game apart from an environment mod (real environment) ahhhh right I see, no wonder. I did forget about my crew and left them at BS but I took them off and left them for two days. Thankfully I had a save from the start of the engagement and have continued with that. However that leads me to another question. I hit an Isla(sp?) battleship with 2 torpedoes. One at a depth of 17 metres and another at a depth of 5 metres. It had partially sunk and the back left of the ship was underwater and it was lurching heavily on one side. However even after firing all my deck gun rounds at it, it will not sink and I don't know why?

Firstly, stock has a really bad damage model so it's just really bad, secondly, for me it takes a minimum of 3-4 torpedoes (unless you nail the sweetspot under the keel) to kill a battleship of any type (excluding the Yamato, takes a min of 6). You must aim for good spots that will cause massive damage. Ammo storage is usually under the forward turrets, engines are in the center under the funnel(s) and the fuel locker is usually under the aft turrets. Hitting one of those spots might cause (a) catastrophic explosion, or (b) complete stoppage. Also battleships are heavily armored. many have 10+ inches of armor so it's not that much of a surprise that your deck gun rounds did nothing. That's what I can tell you on that.

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"