Thread: Multi player warm up rounds or sudden death | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hurk is back! | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Multi player warm up rounds or sudden death

As the title says but possibly keep this only for unranked mayches.

Let me explain. The very first game of a round based mode could have a warm up round or if a draw or stalemate then exactly the same as a last round. Now a warm up round should promote skill with a particular weapon that creates different gameplay so for example grenades only.

In this scenario each player would receive unlimited frag grenades but respawn instamtly and would be say a 1 minute warmup.

Here is a list of examples.

Knives only
    Frag grenades only (unlimited)
    1 of each type grenade cycle 1 flash 1 smoke 1 frag looped unlimited
    Feral fists - hand to hand throw back to fcip but more hairy hands with long fingernails please
    Magnums & molotovs - players get 2 molotovs each and magnum handgun unlimited ammo

This type of round can wok well as a forced skill challenge in sudden death with the inability to swap weapins and forcing everyone to fight under the same rules but in a last man standing scenario in this case

Most of all this sort of changing the rules even if only for fun makes the game more dynamic and also is good practice

please note i selected unusual weapons because it is better for custom maps to be built for shotgun / sniper or sub macine gun maps these choices are a bit more strange in that they are amazing fun for a round on any map.
    Last edited by ronster2011; 07-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.

You know where you are? ... Your in the jungle baby...... Your gonna die.....

A good First-person Shooter should:

- have precise, manual controls - e.g. no auto-aim
    - put balance, challenge and fun above realism
    - be full of fast-paced real-time action
    - let cunning, intelligence and skill decide who wins (PvP)
    - have simple mechanics: easy to learn but difficult to master
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I like this idea it sounds kind of like cod black ops pre-match start, just upgraded

Banned
    A warm up? LOL Thats why we have N... wait I can't say that word anymore or I will get banned again HA! HA! I mean people who are Video Game Challenged . They are the best warm up . No need for wasting time. I just want to get right to the Killin! Your idea is nice though! Keep them coming.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by l3reast View Post
    A warm up? LOL Thats why we have N... wait I can't say that word anymore or I will get banned again HA! HA! I mean people who are Video Game Challenged . They are the best warm up . No need for wasting time. I just want to get right to the Killin! Your idea is nice though! Keep them coming.
    Just trying to promote fun!

At the end of the day thats what games should be.... I was going to suggest bow and arrow match too but this weapon appears to be dlc.... Anyway the developers know what weapons are in the game... They should take some time playing about with what they have got at their disposal and see what comes... It's amazing what can change when you put restrictions in place and I hope we can see some mad momments in the game when the rules change for a bit it keeps a server fresh and the gameplay more dynamic

I dare ubisoft massive to have a match and restrict themselves to using knives only...

Or choosing magnums and molotovs only....

If it does not create mayhem then fine i am wrong but if it works then please write the code for the force spawn with weapon selections that overides loadout such a good featire and alot of fun

Spawn as Heavy

Yep as the title says....

It might be quite an interesting change of dynamic to spawn as a heavy.... Looking like the dude with the flamethrower with the fire proof suit and gas tanks

The other Heavy I have my fingers crossed for is the gatling gun wielding Jesse Ventura look alike with a cowboy hat on. more akin to FC1 than the movie predator but you get the isea.

Even if you could not control this character and you could spawn this NPC into match as a support weapon might be an interesting change of gameplay. I'm not into support weapons that much but I think that particular one might be intersting.

Whicj leads me onto skins... Would be good if they could make slight variation to player skins so everyone does not look the same on a side so 4 different variations... Then your team would look more like a Gang and not a bunch of clones