Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver SF choppy/slow after upgrading to Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion | Forums

ManoelM: I think it's pretty clear the problem exists mostly with Retina Macbooks, so hardware is definitely not the issue. So the combination Retina + Mountain Lion seems to be the issue. I've installed ML from scratch too, no upgrade from Lion.

I contacted Ubisoft as well, no help there.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well, if hardware is not the issue, what is it then? It certainly isn’t the retina display haha…

The problem is that MacBooks are not really supported… so it may work, or it may not work… and now, with ML, it does not work. But there’s no guarantee, because it wasn’t supported from the beginning. So it’s a risky thing when buying it.

But I agree that it sucks. My dad has two older MacBooks, but I was thinking of getting a new MacBook Pro too for when I go on vacation. Would have been cool to play DSF here and there when you have a hangover the next morning

Videos of secret vehicles / locations / weather in Driver: San Francisco

Multiplayer meetings here!

#1 worldwide in following challenges: BLACK & BLUE - CANNON - YEEHAW!! - VANISHING CHANCE - CLASSIC RACE (Challenge) - BEL VIAGGIO - LEGAL TROUBLES - SMOKIE TRAIL - SCHOOL'S OUT - RELAY RACE

I got it from Steam...and it works on both Mac and PC

I made a clean install for ML..and it really ran perfectly on Lion...and Ubisoft doesn't seem to be ready to update it

Quote Originally Posted by ManoelM View Post
    You bought it for Windows too? You know that if you bought it for Mac, you can not run it on Parallels… or is it cracked? If it’s cracked I would not wonder

For me sometimes there was a slight frame drop. Or sometimes for a very short moment it became choppy. For like half a second… that was with Lion too. But it wasn’t the case when I bought it, it occurred only later.

I run it at max resolution too (2560 x 1440) and with maximized settings.

Cleaning my Mac had helped a bit — because even if I deleted like 300 GB, those 300 GBs are still there. They’re just „hidden“ actually, and they will be overwritten once new files are created. So the space is not really there. Which is important, because our computers use this space as virtual space too.

And I hope upgrading some RAM will help as well!

Maybe you’d consider that as well… you can find cheap RAM everywhere on the NET, if it doesn’t work you can still sell it again for a little lower price on eBay!

Good luck

Yea I know that it worked, but you had luck, because it worked even though it wasn’t supported

Videos of secret vehicles / locations / weather in Driver: San Francisco

Multiplayer meetings here!

#1 worldwide in following challenges: BLACK & BLUE - CANNON - YEEHAW!! - VANISHING CHANCE - CLASSIC RACE (Challenge) - BEL VIAGGIO - LEGAL TROUBLES - SMOKIE TRAIL - SCHOOL'S OUT - RELAY RACE

Back to Bootcamp

Sad but true. Back to Bootcamp now. Steam's/Ubisoft Mac Support seems very half-hearted. Same thing with Splinter Cell Conviction when it came out. Horrible performance on the Mac, No problem on Bootcamp at all. Sad...

Not supporting Macbook Pro is just a joke ! This is a 2012 game, and MBP Retina is by far more powerful than some iMac supported by the game, so what's the problem ? This is the first time a game is supported only on iMac, not really serious from Ubisoft.

Like the rest of you I had the same problem (MacBook Pro retina, 2.7Ghz, 16GB Ram) and I found a solution. Download and install gfxCardStatus and set it to only use the Integrated graphics card when playing. Still fast enough to play the game on high at 1440x810 with vsync and anti-alising turned on. Looks great and no stutters. Just played several sidequests, including a multi-vehicle street race takedown with not a single stutter.

Hopefully Ubisoft will patch this so we don't have to manually change the setting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thanks LividChihuahua, you're right, if we force the Intel 4000 chipset, the game works fine (and surprisingly, it works with all settings at max !).

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA negadave's Avatar
    When Apple updates the OS, it can have a negative impact on titles that were made for previous OS iterations.
    Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans for us to patch any titles for newer Apple OS compatibility.
    In my opinion, Apple should factor older titles into OS upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by negadave View Post
    When Apple updates the OS, it can have a negative impact on titles that were made for previous OS iterations.
    Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans for us to patch any titles for newer Apple OS compatibility.
    In my opinion, Apple should factor older titles into OS upgrades.
    It is because you do not have the technology. All controllers are not yet supported on Driver SF for Mac.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast