Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I run Ghost Recon Online? | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by elke_10 View Post
    Sometimes i wish people would just listen to others.

1: Be thankful you didn't overclock so much you turned your GPU into a burning pile of silicon. And was saved by the safety mechanisms in place to protect itself from this.
    2: As i stated earlier based on your GPU only having a 64bit memory bus you Wouldn't see that much improvement since its a huge bottleneck.

Next for overclocking you just never ever ever just move the slider or crack a GPU/CPU up. Overclocking takes hours to test and move the clock speed up slowly at like 10mhz at a time till you find a stable running system without no artifacts and no crashes. This involves many other programs to test properly.

Please stop while your ahead uninstall MSI afterburner and never put this thought in your head again.
    You don't have to get mad. I just asked why the frame rate didn't increase, because you didn't at one point say if it will make a visible difference or not based on my GPU... I'm only a kid, and you except me to know all this stuff. And why should I never put this through my head again? What if I once decided to get a new laptop/desktop which can be overclocked, and I learned all that I needed to know to basically overclock? Also, I wasn't annoyed that the frame rate didn't increase, I was just stating what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperKun View Post
    I know the servers are down atm, and open beta hasn't started yet, but will I be able to run it with these specs on my laptop:

HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz
    3.07GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    1280x800 (32 bit) 60Hz

And don't tell me to go to a website which will tell me if I can or can't run it, I don't find them trusty. Just tell me if I can run it, and how well. Thanks.
    Not the closed beta... I have a dell with a similar setup but an 8600gpu and a 2.1GHz cpu 4GB ram and on a solid state hdd... couldn't even launch... worked with a GM to try and force it to launch and changed some internal game files and it still didn't work... just different errors. I would say unless the OB changes the graphics demands a lot then you cannot play... again: closed beta your system wouldn't have even launched the game... just the launcher.

source: [GM]LenesBeans / Personal experience

my laptop:

Time of this report: 6/25/2012, 08:44:28
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8600M GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 2030 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 239 MB
    Shared Memory: 1791 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (63Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by LMV Violation View Post
    Not the closed beta... I have a dell with a similar setup but an 8600gpu and a 2.1GHz cpu 4GB ram and on a solid state hdd... couldn't even launch... worked with a GM to try and force it to launch and changed some internal game files and it still didn't work... just different errors. I would say unless the OB changes the graphics demands a lot then you cannot play... again: closed beta your system wouldn't have even launched the game... just the launcher.

source: [GM]LenesBeans / Personal experience

my laptop:

Time of this report: 6/25/2012, 08:44:28
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8600M GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 2030 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 239 MB
    Shared Memory: 1791 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (63Hz)
    What do you mean by GM? (sorry for being a noob.) I think I can at least launch the game, because all games I've ever played, from old to new, have at least launched. Anyway, good luck to you and me in our attempt to launch the OB... and run it .
    Last edited by CasperKun; 07-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.

GM stands for Game Master. They are the game support staff. [GM]LenesBeans is one of the GRO Game Masters.
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

What do you mean by GM? (sorry for being a noob.) I think I can at least launch the game, because all games I've ever played, from old to new, have at least launched. Anyway, good luck to you and me in our attempt to launch the OB... and run it .
    I've already played the game through phase 2 and phase 3... I have five computers and was trying to see if it would work an an XPS Dell laptop with a 256MB Discrete card because that matches their minimum gpu; however, the cpu didn't. I've played much more stressing games then gro including other newer beta games on the laptop... GRO has a special place in hardware demand and dev's have already said they're working on trying to add to the number of systems that can play it; however, they do not want to reduce the quality of the game so do not expect miracles.

source: http://www.twitch.tv/ghostrecononline/b/323822160 ~ 28 minutes in for the dev's updating the graphics

You don't have to get mad. I just asked why the frame rate didn't increase, because you didn't at one point say if it will make a visible difference or not based on my GPU... I'm only a kid, and you except me to know all this stuff. And why should I never put this through my head again? What if I once decided to get a new laptop/desktop which can be overclocked, and I learned all that I needed to know to basically overclock? Also, I wasn't annoyed that the frame rate didn't increase, I was just stating what happened.
    in my very first post i stated your GPU is a huge bottleneck with it's 64bit memory bus. I am not mad just you should of listened before running off and trying and taking the risk of nuking your laptop. hence my comment people should sometimes listen to others. Next laptops are not really meant for gaming even a sweet set-up from MSI,ASUS,Aleinware are still not all that great due to the lack of power they recieve due to being mobile and that the GPU's are not upgradeable because they are soldered to the MOBO. Now if you decide to spend 1600+ dollars on a gaming laptop then good. You really won't have to do anything to one of those to play F2P games online. Now getting into games like BF3, Crysis 2 demanding games even the most powerful SLI'd GTX680m beast will not play it like a desktop would. even with OC'n.

We are all trying to tell you in ever post that OC'n a laptop is not worth the risk. Nuke a GPU in a laptop its not like a desktop pull out the card by a new one. In a laptop its by a new laptop or spend a godly amount for a new MOBO. Just a ex. my laptop now cost like 500 bucks. My MOBO to replace is $450 not including labor to tear it apart and replace.

As Jesse said in that segment, the best way for them to identify and fix issues is if people report specific problems with FPS and such.

I would highly recommend the following if you are getting lower than expected performance:
    1. Get your DXDiag.txt file.
      1. For Vista/7 open the Start menu.
      2. Type: dxdiag.
      3. Press enter when your computer finds "dxdiag.exe".
      4. Click "Save All Information...".
      5. Save it to a location of your choice.

2. Submit that file as an attachment in a support ticket, detail what is happening, what FPS you are getting, where you experience drops in FPS, and what you think you should be getting.
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by elke_10 View Post
    in my very first post i stated your GPU is a huge bottleneck with it's 64bit memory bus. I am not mad just you should of listened before running off and trying and taking the risk of nuking your laptop. hence my comment people should sometimes listen to others. Next laptops are not really meant for gaming even a sweet set-up from MSI,ASUS,Aleinware are still not all that great due to the lack of power they recieve due to being mobile and that the GPU's are not upgradeable because they are soldered to the MOBO. Now if you decide to spend 1600+ dollars on a gaming laptop then good. You really won't have to do anything to one of those to play F2P games online. Now getting into games like BF3, Crysis 2 demanding games even the most powerful SLI'd GTX680m beast will not play it like a desktop would. even with OC'n.

We are all trying to tell you in ever post that OC'n a laptop is not worth the risk. Nuke a GPU in a laptop its not like a desktop pull out the card by a new one. In a laptop its by a new laptop or spend a godly amount for a new MOBO. Just a ex. my laptop now cost like 500 bucks. My MOBO to replace is $450 not including labor to tear it apart and replace.
    Well several people said it won't harm me to try out a program, even though they weren't recommending it. I apologise for not listening, and probably deserved my laptop to get nuked. But thanks for all this info. Will still definitely give GRO a go in OB.
    Last edited by CasperKun; 07-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer852 View Post
    As Jesse said in that segment, the best way for them to identify and fix issues is if people report specific problems with FPS and such.

I would highly recommend the following if you are getting lower than expected performance:
    1. Get your DXDiag.txt file.
      1. For Vista/7 open the Start menu.
      2. Type: dxdiag.
      3. Press enter when your computer finds "dxdiag.exe".
      4. Click "Save All Information...".
      5. Save it to a location of your choice.

2. Submit that file as an attachment in a support ticket, detail what is happening, what FPS you are getting, where you experience drops in FPS, and what you think you should be getting.
    Thanks. How can I identify if this is an actual problem, and I should be getting higher/more consistent frame rate, or if there is no problem and my PC is just not good enough?

Thanks. How can I identify if this is an actual problem, and I should be getting higher/more consistent frame rate, or if there is no problem and my PC is just not good enough?
    As the game isn't playable right now I'm not sure how you would verify that and am almost 100% sure submitting a dxdiag would be premature. Also if you submit one you would probably be given a coined response about how you do not meet the MINIMUM system requirements... more details here: http://www.ghostrecononlinewiki.com/...m_requirements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast