Thread: Maintenance period and bug fix - July 27th 2012 | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Community Developer Ubisoft SpaceElephant's Avatar

Exclamation Maintenance period and bug fix - July 27th 2012

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help, your patience and your comments!
    We are very concerned by the issues you have reported since the launch of our latest version (yesterday, July 26th), so we will perform a maintenance period, today, at 21h00 (Paris/Warsaw Time).
    The maintenance time shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes.

Here are the changes that we will do:

- Solo Campaign will stop after Mission 1 (mission after tutorial). The other missions are unbalanced for now and can cause the game to crash. It is not relevant to test these missions at this stage.
    - You won’t be blocked anymore at Stage 6 of the tutorial. I know a lot of players were affected by this issue.

We are still working hard resolving bugs and problems, thanks again for your feedback, you guys are real heroes you help us a lot!

Have fun on the Battleground!

Space E and the Ubisoft Quebec team
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wow... and here I was expecting good news. This is dissappointing. Instead of fixing the other missions, you are simply cutting them off.

For gods sakes it is Beta, I can live with bugs much rather than unavailable content. I dont care if the game crashes at later points, cut it before them, not after mission 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Huaojozu View Post
    Wow... and here I was expecting good news. This is dissappointing. Instead of fixing the other missions, you are simply cutting them off.

For gods sakes it is Beta, I can live with bugs much rather than unavailable content. I dont care if the game crashes at later points, cut it before them, not after mission 1!
    The content you are refering too wasn't supposed to be available yet, as it contains stuff they don't want to show yet. (Naga and multi-faction deck).

Then again, if these 4 duels were referred to in patch campaign length than the "2 hours gameplay in the patch, 10 hours total when done" is a huge overstatement. Atm campaign provides half hour playtime at best, while all 22 duels shouldn't take more than 2 hours total (being generous here).

On the other hand, +1 point to the developers for having a bug patch ready fast. Keep it up
    Last edited by Yazmiel; 07-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Still, they could let us play Missions 2 and 3 or at least until the stuff you are refering to comes into play.

Anyway, at least put a reward for replaying the missions. Say 500xp and 500 gold or even less than that. That way its less than a regular match but still gives you incentive to replay it.

Community Developer Ubisoft SpaceElephant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Huaojozu View Post
    Wow... and here I was expecting good news. This is dissappointing. Instead of fixing the other missions, you are simply cutting them off.!
    I know it's a bit frustrating if you have gone through the next missions, but it's too unstable to let it in the game at the moment. It's not that we want to cut content off your hands, the point is that we want the game to not crash We're in the closed beta process and we need to test things in a certain order to improve the game the right way. Sorry if it sounds like bad news but we will let you test it when it's ready that's for sure! At best you have had some insides on future missions ^-^ .

Thanks for your comments and thanks for testing guys!