Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Creed and it's relation to Connor | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

The Creed and it's relation to Connor

We all know the Creed by now. That according to Altair, it can never be killed, because it's not only something the Assassin's follow, but an idea. Now I'm extremely curious to see how Connor joins and get's involved with the Assassin's. Obviously his village is burned down by templars, but for Ezio, he always knew about the legacy left by Altair and about the past of the cult/organization. So I'm wondering how the Assassin's will start in the newly made USA, or if Connor will be the first.

In AC1, the creed was always apparent. Hell, Altair was nearly killed and was stripped of everything (even his countering abilities!) because he pretty much betrayed all 3 in mission. But in AC2 (I could be wrong) I don't think the creed was ever said to Ezio. Even when he would initiate new recruits to the Assassin rank, he would simply say "We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassin's" and says the traditional "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted". I feel like the creed has sort of been lost in the past couple games. (The game is called Assassin's Creed!!!)

I just wonder if Connor will learn of the past Assassin's what they've done, and of the creed. Or is it even relevant at this point, have the three tenants slowly become irrelevant over time? Connor looks more like a home grown self-righteous Assassin that works alone. Which sounds totally awesome. Rather than the traditional Assassin that is initiated into a larger group.

We know he can recruit and has Assassin helpers like in ACB/ACR, so obviously he is part of something bigger. Maybe. Or perhaps he has started the Assassin's up again like Ezio did in Rome and sort of his own revolution against the templars.

What do you guys think the 18th century Assassin's will look like? Will Connor be a leader like Ezio was, or more of a solo guy doin his own thing on his own agenda(for freedom and what not)?

Cannot wait!
    "I will not die today. I cannot say the same for you however" - Connor

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted" basically IS the Assassin's Creed. Ezio says that point-blank to Sofia in Revelations. The three tenets of Altair's time were the laws of the Brotherhood, but they were probably only spelled out so clearly to familiarize the audience with the beliefs of the Assassins. Ezio still practiced those same tenets (don't kill civilians, hide with the crowd, and never compromise the Brotherhood) but the exact phrasing sort of fell out of use after the first game. Think of it this way- "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted" is the Assassin's Creed; the three tenets are the Assassin's Rulebook.

But as for how it relates to Connor... UbiGabe let slip a while back that an Asian Assassin was responsible for bringing the ideals of the Order to the New World, and I'm willing to go out on a limb here to theorize that it was Shao Jun who came to the Americas in the 1500s with whatever Ezio gave her in that box in Embers. We obviously don't know exactly how Connor finds the Assassins, but he probably encounters the contents of the box at some point. Maybe Ezio made his own, smaller Codex (or even a series of letters) about the history and practices of the Order, and the American Assassins are using it much like the Italian Assassins used Altair's.

And to cap it all off... I'm not sure how much of a 'leader' role Connor will take up in AC3. After all, he's only in his early 20s during the Revolution if he really was born in 1755. Besides, I'm not sure how well-established the Assassins are in America at this point in history, considering that it was all pretty new at the time, so I doubt he's going to have the army of deadly Assassin hitmen like Ezio did. They did change the name of the Brotherhood to "the Band", so I'm not even sure if his compatriots are Assassins or just random civilians he helps off the street. Or maybe even the crew of his ship.

I hope the tenets are remembered in AC3, specially because now we'll probably be a recruit/master assassin again and not the grand master of the Order (rank I hope Connor never reach in the game), IMO this is one of the things that make the sense that we are part of a Brotherhood stronger, a feeling that IMO wasn't as strong in AC2/B/R as it was in AC1..
    Last edited by dxsxhxcx; 07-27-2012 at 12:43 PM.

I actually hope there's much more emphasis put on the Order than AC2. It would be very interesting to see Connor start his own Guild like Ezio in ACB, but from what we've heard of him so far, he isn't actually the talkative person like Ezio, Connor sounds more like a loner that likes to do things by himself. I hope we see an Al Mualim type of guy/Mentor of the Order that will give Connor missions, like Altair in AC1. Another cool hing would be to see Connor become a Master Assassin and get his dual hidden blades by the traditions of the Order, not given to him by another Da Vinci sort of guy.
    Nota Warrior <3

' ' I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid. ' ' - Fireheart, Rising Storm.
    ' ' I have known true freedom. I have known a world of peace and remarkable spirit…a world which was taken from me. ' ' - Connor Kenway {Ratonhnhaké:ton}
    If you care about Ratonhnhaké:ton {Connor} and want another game with him, like this page:
    http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FirestarLuva View Post
    I actually hope there's much more emphasis put on the Order than AC2. It would be very interesting to see Connor start his own Guild like Ezio in ACB, but from what we've heard of him so far, he isn't actually the talkative person like Ezio, Connor sounds more like a loner that likes to do things by himself. I hope we see an Al Mualim type of guy/Mentor of the Order that will give Connor missions, like Altair in AC1. Another cool hing would be to see Connor become a Master Assassin and get his dual hidden blades by the traditions of the Order, not given to him by another Da Vinci sort of guy.
    There wasn't much emphasis on the Order in AC2 because it was basically nonexistent. Sure, there were Assassins, but they had no real base of power. That was why Ezio was so significant, he basically rebuilt the Italian Brotherhood from the ground up and made them a formidable political entity.

Anyway, back to AC3; they'll probably give him the double blade pretty early on for gameplay reasons, since we're so used to having them with Ezio. They said they weren't going to use Ben Franklin as a Da Vinci stand-in, but I think he'll at least give him his hidden blades.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    Anyway, back to AC3; they'll probably give him the double blade pretty early on for gameplay reasons, since we're so used to having them with Ezio. They said they weren't going to use Ben Franklin as a Da Vinci stand-in, but I think he'll at least give him his hidden blades.
    Part of me kind of wishes we don't get double hidden blades, unless we can do some sick moves with them since Connor is a master of dual weaponry. But I like how he reminds e of Altair in the sense that he only has a few weapons on him, those he can carry. (Not an Armory like Ezio in ACR) And only whats nesseccessary(Bow&Arrow, Hidden Blade, Tomahawk, Rope Dart, Maybe a dagger) to fight with.

Id rather feel more like a solo hunter Assassin that can really do extrodinary things with the simple things that is part of the brotherhood, knows what he has to do, but does it his own and improvises if needed. Rather than a grand master that leads the entire brotherhood, and has every weapon he could every hold and in all honesty he really wasn't that stealthy in ACB/ACR. I felt more like a walking tank, sorta. I like that they're bringing more stealth back to Connor.

Back to the subject: I understand "Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted" is a big part of the creed. But It'd be nice to throw it in there for those of us who have been playing since AC1, and just because we haven't really heard it since. And I also think Shao Jun is gonna be the one that ends up connecting Ezio and Connor in some way or starting the Assassin's in the New World.
    "I will not die today. I cannot say the same for you however" - Connor

Quote Originally Posted by Altair661 View Post
    Part of me kind of wishes we don't get double hidden blades, unless we can do some sick moves with them since Connor is a master of dual weaponry. But I like how he reminds e of Altair in the sense that he only has a few weapons on him, those he can carry. (Not an Armory like Ezio in ACR) And only whats nesseccessary(Bow&Arrow, Hidden Blade, Tomahawk, Rope Dart, Maybe a dagger) to fight with.

Id rather feel more like a solo hunter Assassin that can really do extrodinary things with the simple things that is part of the brotherhood, knows what he has to do, but does it his own and improvises if needed. Rather than a grand master that leads the entire brotherhood, and has every weapon he could every hold and in all honesty he really wasn't that stealthy in ACB/ACR. I felt more like a walking tank, sorta. I like that they're bringing more stealth back to Connor.

Back to the subject: I understand "Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted" is a big part of the creed. But It'd be nice to throw it in there for those of us who have been playing since AC1, and just because we haven't really heard it since. And I also think Shao Jun is gonna be the one that ends up connecting Ezio and Connor in some way or starting the Assassin's in the New World.
    Yeah, that's true, I hope they tone down the amount of weapons Connor has on his belt. I mean, I like to have plenty of options/variety, but with the addition of bombs in ACR, Ezio's arsenal was a bit excessive. I mean, a sword, dagger, crossbow, hookblade, hidden blade, pistol, poison darts, throwing knives, lethal bombs, tactical bombs, diversion bombs, and a bag of parachutes? :/ It was getting a little ridiculous near the end. I guess it was OK for Ezio, since he was kind of an over-the-top character in many ways anyway, but having a mobile armory wouldn't really suit Connor's 'hunter' character.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair661 View Post
    We all know the Creed by now. That according to Altair, it can never be killed, because it's not only something the Assassin's follow, but an idea. Now I'm extremely curious to see how Connor joins and get's involved with the Assassin's. Obviously his village is burned down by templars, but for Ezio, he always knew about the legacy left by Altair and about the past of the cult/organization. So I'm wondering how the Assassin's will start in the newly made USA, or if Connor will be the first.

In AC1, the creed was always apparent. Hell, Altair was nearly killed and was stripped of everything (even his countering abilities!) because he pretty much betrayed all 3 in mission. But in AC2 (I could be wrong) I don't think the creed was ever said to Ezio. Even when he would initiate new recruits to the Assassin rank, he would simply say "We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassin's" and says the traditional "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted". I feel like the creed has sort of been lost in the past couple games. (The game is called Assassin's Creed!!!)

I just wonder if Connor will learn of the past Assassin's what they've done, and of the creed. Or is it even relevant at this point, have the three tenants slowly become irrelevant over time? Connor looks more like a home grown self-righteous Assassin that works alone. Which sounds totally awesome. Rather than the traditional Assassin that is initiated into a larger group.

We know he can recruit and has Assassin helpers like in ACB/ACR, so obviously he is part of something bigger. Maybe. Or perhaps he has started the Assassin's up again like Ezio did in Rome and sort of his own revolution against the templars.

What do you guys think the 18th century Assassin's will look like? Will Connor be a leader like Ezio was, or more of a solo guy doin his own thing on his own agenda(for freedom and what not)?

Cannot wait!
    Connor's point in the game is revealing the past of assassin's, he is on a journey though being a master assassin, he was forced into the creed. You were right about the part where u said that AC is losing it's point in the game but Ubisoft is trying to make AC3 different than the other games, like a new environment new co-op and not much of a city game, most of AC was all about a city type of setting, but this time Ubisoft wanted to do something a little of what they usually do in the AC series.
    Glad to help PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ
    ''When I was a young man, I had liberty; but I did not know it, I had time; but I did not see it, I had love; but I did not feel it. I am Ezio Auditore De Firenze.'' - Ezio Auditore De Firenze's death note

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalACFan View Post
    Yeah, that's true, I hope they tone down the amount of weapons Connor has on his belt. I mean, I like to have plenty of options/variety, but with the addition of bombs in ACR, Ezio's arsenal was a bit excessive. I mean, a sword, dagger, crossbow, hookblade, hidden blade, pistol, poison darts, throwing knives, lethal bombs, tactical bombs, diversion bombs, and a bag of parachutes? :/ It was getting a little ridiculous near the end. I guess it was OK for Ezio, since he was kind of an over-the-top character in many ways anyway, but having a mobile armory wouldn't really suit Connor's 'hunter' character.
    After saying all that, it seems you picked the right username
    ''When I was a young man, I had liberty; but I did not know it, I had time; but I did not see it, I had love; but I did not feel it. I am Ezio Auditore De Firenze.'' - Ezio Auditore De Firenze's death note

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinGame1 View Post
    After saying all that, it seems you picked the right username

I only intended my username as a one-off to make a single thread, but then i got caught up in the forum and just went with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast