How to get Energy - Guide
While energy tends to be less of a problem for those at higher levels and/or those with many colleagues, it can be a struggle for new players. Here is my unofficial guide to gaining energy. Credit to Deltaa38 for a portion of the information included in this list. There are essentially 10 ways to get energy:
1. Simply wait for it. I know, I know - you're reading this guide and looking for ways to get energy because you don't WANT to wait! Still, it's important to note that a single energy point is replenished every 4 minutes.
2. Level up. Achieving the next level in the game gives a full energy refill.
3. Purchase energy from the store. The store can be found in your bottom navigation panel or via your energy bar (more on the energy bar in just a moment). At this time, energy can only be purchased using House credits, it cannot be bought using budget earned in-game (House credits are earned at a slower rate in-game, through special offers, or can be purchased for real money).
4. Purchase a full energy refill via the energy bar. In your top navigation panel (where it shows how much energy, budget, etc. that you have), you can click the "+" icon to the right of the bar showing the amount of energy you have. A box will pop up with three options: "request," "buy," and "store." The second option, "buy," will allow you to purchase a full energy refill using House credits.
5. Request energy from friends. In your top navigation panel (where it shows how much energy, budget, etc. that you have), you can click the + icon to the right of the bar showing the amount of energy you currently have. A box will pop up with three options: "request," "buy," and "store." The first option, "request," allows you to request energy from friends. The energy shows up as "coffees" worth 2 energy points and, after you collect them, they reside in your inventory, which is the fifth icon (looks like a cardboard box) on your bottom navigation panel. Obviously, the more friends you have, the more will send you your requested item.
6. Complete a cooperative investigation with your Friends to gain energy. This and #6 are probably the quickest/easiest ways to gain energy besides purchasing it. Please note that you can complete a cooperative investigation with each friend only once every 24 hours (though you can also perform #6 within the same 24-hour period). When looking through your friends ("colleagues") list (the first icon, looks like an ID badge) in your bottom navigation panel, it shows their specialty on the bottom of their icon. If you visit that friend and complete the cooperative investigation (meaning that you find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit), you will receive 3 energy points and whichever supply corresponds to their specialty. Example: you visit a friend who is a heart specialist and find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit. You will receive 3 energy points and an oxygen mask. For more information on getting supplies, please see my thread, "How to get Supplies - Guide," here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Supplies-Guide
7. When a friend has visited you, in your bottom navigation panel, there will be a flashlight floating in the upper right-hand corner of their icon. When you click to visit that friend, you will receive a message saying "Dr. [insert name here] found clues in your ICU investigation. Can you find 10 more?" If you find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit from your own investigation, you will receive 3 energy points and whichever supply corresponds with that friend's specialty. Example: a heart-specialist friend has visited you and found 10 items within the 60-second time limit. When you see their icon in your bottom navigation panel, they have a flashlight floating in the upper right-hand corner. You click on the icon and get the message that your friend has found items and asking you to find 10 more. You find all 10 within the 60-second time limit and you receive 3 energy points along with an oxygen mask. For more information on getting supplies, please see my thread, "How to get Supplies - Guide," here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Supplies-Guide
8. Send coffees to friends (coffees are worth 2 energy points each). When you first open the game, you have the option to send gifts to friends. So how does sending a gift to someone else help you? Example: When you send a coffee to someone, they will receive a message stating "[Insert name here] sent the following message: I sent you a coffee." They will have the option to accept. Once they accept, they will get a new message: "[Insert name here] sent you a gift of coffee. Send a gift back to [insert name here]?" By sending out the supplies you need, you will receive them back, assuming your friend accepts and sends a gift back. This works not only for energy but also for supplies that correspond with body systems. (For more information on getting supplies, please see my thread, "How to get Supplies - Guide," here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Supplies-Guide.) After accepting these, they reside in your inventory, which is the fifth icon (looks like a cardboard box) on your bottom navigation panel.
9. Side cases or quests may reward you with energy. On your left-hand navigation panel, there are icons with images of each of House's doctors (and Wilson). When you click on them, they will ask you for something (perhaps budget or pills) and will offer you something in return. Example: Thirteen may ask for you to find the spud launcher and will reward you with $600 in return. Some of these may provide energy as a reward.
10. Collections. On your right-hand navigation panel, you have several icons. The top icon is an image of a hospital and this is your "collections tab." When you click on this, you will have several pages to thumb through. Each collection requires you to collect several items and will provide you with a reward in exchange for completing the collection. At this time, the "4th of July" collection provides you with a "Super Juice," worth 12 energy points, the "House's Canes" collection provides you with a cappuccino, worth 5 energy points, and the "House's Chickens" collection provides you with a coffee, worth 2 energy points. The items required to complete collections can be randomly dropped while playing the game, and many can be requested from friends. Once the collection is complete and you have collected your reward, the reward resides in your inventory, the fifth icon on your bottom navigation panel, which looks like a cardboard box. At this time, a Panacea pill is also available as a reward for completing a collection and, while it does not give you energy, it saves you energy, pills, supplies, and ward doctors by treating all pharmacy and ward patients at once.
11. Finally, please note that only colleagues (friends who have been added to the game) can send you coffees, those who are not friends cannot send them to you. Therefore, posting randomly on the Facebook fan page that you need energy, etc. will not get you anywhere except maybe getting several people to send you friend requests. If you need more friends that play the game, the Facebook fan page is a great place to find them as there are always people posting "add me." The page can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/HouseMDGame
I hope this is helpful! If anyone can think of something I missed, please let me know and I will edit to include it!
Last edited by LizSamson; 07-26-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Reason: Added #2; corrected wrong information
On number four, any inventory usable and usable items are stored in the Cardboard Box icon, which is 5th from the right.
You're so right. That'll teach me to try and write guides at 4:00 am. I'll edit. Thanks!
great guide, very informative!
This in excellent guide and I had meant to invite you to the Fanpage and private message us, so we can send you a little something