How to get Supplies - Guide
I see lots of players on the House MD Critical Cases Facebook fan page asking for gauze, tongue depressors, etc. Here's what you need to know to collect the items you need:
First, it's important to know which supplies match up to which "body system," as follows:
Glandular (Green) - IV Bags
Digestive (Purple) - Tongue Depressors
Heart (Red) - Oxygen Masks
Chemical (Yellow) - Syringes
Body (Blue) - Gauze
Head/Brain (White) - Thermometers
Based on that information, there are essentially 5 ways to gain these supplies:
1. When you click on a patient in the clinic, it will show you what type of ailment they have, denoted by an icon in the upper left-hand corner of the box that pops up. Sending a patient to the pharmacy (the second option, "you need medicine") will provide you with the supply that corresponds to their ailment once you give them their medicine (along with a small amount of budget, experience points, and occasionally an item for your collections). Example: you click a clinic patient with a heart in the upper left-hand corner. You send them to the pharmacy, provide them with the heart pills they need, and you will receive an oxygen mask (in addition to a small amount of budget, experience points, and possibly an item for your collections).
2. When looking through your friends ("colleagues") list in your bottom navigation panel, it shows their specialty on the bottom of their icon. If you visit that friend and complete the cooperative investigation (meaning that you find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit), you will receive 3 energy points and whichever supply corresponds to their specialty. Example: you visit a friend who is a heart specialist and find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit. You will receive 3 energy points and an oxygen mask.
3. When a friend has visited you, in your bottom navigation panel, there will be a flashlight floating in the upper right-hand corner of their icon. When you click to visit that friend, you will receive a message saying "Dr. [insert name here] found clues in your ICU investigation. Can you find 10 more?" If you find all 10 items within the 60-second time limit from your own investigation, you will receive 3 energy points and whichever supply corresponds with that friend's specialty. Example: a heart-specialist friend has visited you and found 10 items within the 60-second time limit. When you see their icon in your bottom navigation panel, they have a flashlight floating in the upper right-hand corner. You click on the icon and get the message that your friend has found items and asking you to find 10 more. You find all 10 within the 60-second time limit and you receive 3 energy points along with an oxygen mask.
4. On your bottom navigation panel, click the third icon which looks like a red and gray box. Choose whichever supply you need and click the left button on the bottom of the icon. This will allow you to request that supply from friends.
5. Send whichever gift you're in need of. When you first open the game, you have the option to send gifts to friends. If your level is high enough to unlock the type of supply you're looking for, send it to friends. Example: When you send an oxygen mask to someone, they will receive a message stating "[Insert name here] sent the following message: I sent you an oxygen mask." They will have the option to accept. Once they accept, they will get a new message: "[Insert name here] sent you a gift of oxygen mask. Send a gift back to [insert name here]?" By sending out the supplies you need, you will receive them back, assuming your friend accepts and sends a gift back. This works not only for supplies that correspond with body systems but also with coffees and med packs.
6. Please note that only colleagues (friends who have been added to the game) can send you supplies, those who are not friends cannot send them to you. Therefore, posting randomly on the Facebook fan page that you need gauze, etc. will not get you anywhere except maybe getting several people to send you friend requests. If you need more friends that play the game, the Facebook fan page is a great place to find them as there are always people posting "add me." The page can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/HouseMDGame
I hope this is helpful! If anyone can think of something I missed, please let me know and I will edit to include it!
LizSamson, you are awesome! Thank you for helping the other players with this excellent "Supply Guide"!
Last edited by Ubi-Lhainiev; 07-28-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Thanks! Just trying to help.