Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An unfortunate reality for PC users | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

An unfortunate reality for PC users

As unfortunate as it is, ubisoft isn't one for being kind to the PC crowd with their ports. They are top quality don't get me wrong, but they are gonna be loaded with a DRM (garunteed) and worst of all, we will probably get the game over a month late. This will be released on consoles December 5th (November 30th in Europe) but expect it to be around late January to early February before we finally get it on PC.

If this is the truth than Farcry for me hits a dangerous area, there are sooooooooooooooo many AMAZING games coming out spring of 2013, and if farcry isn't out till around then, i might be holding off on buying my copy till next years steam summer sale, get it for 50% off and upwards.

I am not being a pessimist, i am being a realist.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft have stated that the game will release at the same time across all platforms.... So that is their plan for the cross platform release

They have also stated that the PC Version will atleast be graphically superior

You know where you are? ... Your in the jungle baby...... Your gonna die.....

A good First-person Shooter should:

- have precise, manual controls - e.g. no auto-aim
    - put balance, challenge and fun above realism
    - be full of fast-paced real-time action
    - let cunning, intelligence and skill decide who wins (PvP)
    - have simple mechanics: easy to learn but difficult to master

What a rubbish!
    xbox360 / PS3 / PC releases will be released simultaneously.

Yea, but they always say that it will come out simultaneously, but then one month before launch they are like "oh, BTW the PC version isn't finished yet, and wont be out for another 2 months, sorry bout that". Revelations did this, Ghost Recon did this, and i think Brotherhood did too.

Plus, they delayed the console release by 4 months cause they weren't done the game yet, how far along do you think the PC port is? I can tell you i really hope i am playing this in December, but given ubisoft's record, it is somewhat worrying.
    Last edited by Gump The Great; 07-23-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Bleh

Don't be so superstitious))

Quote Originally Posted by Gump The Great View Post
    (garunteed)
    'guaranteed'...
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

Wink

To be frank, I really dont care when the game comes out on pc; as long as it comes out im happy

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    ...but expect it to be around late January to early February before we finally get it on PC...
    You jump into conclusions without a real cause. Don't confuse Ubisoft with Rockstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    You jump into conclusions without a real cause. Don't confuse Ubisoft with Rockstar.
    Like i said, Ubisoft did the one month or more delay with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Brotherhood and by the sounds of it, Assassin's Creed 3 will have the delay too http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/1...d-3-pc-delayed. that is like the last 3 core games they published on PC.

Sure R* delayed Max Payne 3 by 2 weeks on PC, big deal. The worst thing R* has ever done to the PC crowd is have GTAIV run off GFWL. I HAAAAAAATE GFWL.
    Last edited by Gump The Great; 07-24-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Grapes

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Like i said, Ubisoft did the one month or more delay with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Brotherhood and by the sounds of it, Assassin's Creed 3 will have the delay too http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/1...d-3-pc-delayed. that is like the last 3 core games they published on PC.

Sure R* delayed Max Payne 3 by 2 weeks on PC, big deal. The worst thing R* has ever done to the PC crowd is have GTAIV run off GFWL. I HAAAAAAATE GFWL.
    didn't know that... i'm a PC user too ... Could this be because of the extra work needed on fixing the game for the many machine configurations?
    Last edited by Viragoxv535; 07-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast