Thread: Bullet holes, I have em staying forever. Progress but need help | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Bullet holes, I have em staying forever. Progress but need help

Hi guys, using the gibbed tools I have bullet holes that last forever, and they show up from any distance. I noticed that you had to be close to things to get them to show up, I fixed this by editing under engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig.xml the line under geometry "SceneObjectMinSize="0.0000025" It was much higher by default.

Now I can shoot at things really far away and the bullet holes will be there when I get to that object. It is awesome, total swiss cheese buildings after firefights. However the problem is this. The bullet holes work great for any objects and vehicles. They stick to the vehicle and move with it.

With people however, the bulletholes just float at the point of impact. So if I shoot a guy in the head, and he dies the bullethole will be floating in the air where it struck him. It is terriable. However they work on vehicles, they stick to the vehicle at the point of impact and move with it. So it seems something is jacked up somewhere. Anyone have any thoughts on this, where we could look to get this worked out.

I am gonna release this as is in the near future, but im disappointed in the decals on people not working correctly. I would appreciate any thoughts or input from you guys.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by hawkins308 View Post
    Hi guys, using the gibbed tools I have bullet holes that last forever, and they show up from any distance. I noticed that you had to be close to things to get them to show up, I fixed this by editing under engine\settings\defaultrenderconfig.xml the line under geometry "SceneObjectMinSize="0.0000025" It was much higher by default.

Now I can shoot at things really far away and the bullet holes will be there when I get to that object. It is awesome, total swiss cheese buildings after firefights. However the problem is this. The bullet holes work great for any objects and vehicles. They stick to the vehicle and move with it.

With people however, the bulletholes just float at the point of impact. So if I shoot a guy in the head, and he dies the bullethole will be floating in the air where it struck him. It is terriable. However they work on vehicles, they stick to the vehicle at the point of impact and move with it. So it seems something is jacked up somewhere. Anyone have any thoughts on this, where we could look to get this worked out.

I am gonna release this as is in the near future, but im disappointed in the decals on people not working correctly. I would appreciate any thoughts or input from you guys.
    Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about that. Characters are animated in a different way (bone animations with weights and so on. Much more complicated.) so the decals don't update properly with them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote