Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How exactly do bonus songs unlock? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    That info sticky thread, is one of the coolest threads we got.
    That thread BW pointed to isn't the one where he dug into the double encore though right? He did a side post on it earlier, but that no longer shows up when you search for posts by Rocksmith-Matt, so I think that is what Alucard was talking about.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Honestly I did not look through the post. If that is not it, and we can find it, I will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusjoe666 View Post
    I was referring to the difficulty of the song. Maybe I misunderstood his question.
    I am a beginner as well and doing it the way I stated was just as easy at my restart as it was at level 11 (both post patch).
    Its just a matter of getting easy or at least familiar encores.
    I should note that even at level 11, I had not played most of the arrangements yet.
    Difficulty of the song matters - if you don't have the song leveled in anyway you will have an relatively easier time in the encore to reach the target accuracy percentage, just because less is easier to do than more.

The more songs you attempt, the more chances the encore will be a song leveled to some point.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    Honestly I did not look through the post. If that is not it, and we can find it, I will add it.
    Yeah, the scoring thread has Matt posting all about how groove and scoring works. He did post about double encores a long time ago, but if you sort on Rocksmith-Matt posts the oldest one shown is from 01-27-2012. I think he posted that prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNub View Post
    Difficulty of the song matters - if you don't have the song leveled in anyway you will have an relatively easier time in the encore to reach the target accuracy percentage, just because less is easier to do than more.

The more songs you attempt, the more chances the encore will be a song leveled to some point.

I guess I'm not explaining myself properly. The way I did it, the way I explained it, the song difficulty does not matter. If you can find a few songs that give you a lot of points, it doesn't matter how hard they are if you're getting a lot of points from them. I am not talking about completely unleveled songs. Obviously that's easier to get one or two bonus songs but it will progressively get harder to unlock them as the songs level up. I'm just saying, practice 8 songs that give you decent points and keep playing them in every event until you have unlocked all of the bonus songs.

Seriously, I am a complete guitar noob and it was super easy to get the bonus songs at level 11 and at a restart.

I might as well list the songs I used...

Do You Remember - single note
    Breed - single note
    Slow Hands - single note
    Song 2 - single note
    Vaseline - single note
    Next Girl - single note
    Go With the Flow - combo
    When I'm With You - single note

All relatively easy songs but there are easier songs that just don't give you enough points.
    Last edited by Jesusjoe666; 07-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Widow9 View Post
    We don't delete Threads.
    If you check the Useful Info Sticky the link is in there under General Links > How does Scoring Work? Here is the link to Matt's post. -
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674453-How-does-scoring-work-(FAQ)?p=8305437#post8305437
    Yeah, like Seattle said, I wasn't trying to imply that you guys (girls ) purposely deleted stuff. I figure it must've happened "for some reason" when the forum upgrade took place awhile back, or possibly after that one guy that spammed the forums. And yeah, that thread doesn't have matt's info about double encores, although it does have a bunch of useful information about scoring in general and specifics on the technique bonuses.

Thanks, all the info helped a bit, I unlocked two songs last night.

One more question, can I replace all the songs from an event with ones I want? If so, can I use the same songs over and over for new events?

If I can replace them all, it might even make it easier to unlock more songs.

Yep, you can. That is exactly how I unlocked the songs.

Just unlocked the last song but I feel I cheated...

I replaced some of the harder/longer/more intense songs with easier ones such as Go With The Flow (easy to get 100k+ on this song alone), Angela, Vasoline, etc...

If I got a hard encore, here's were I feel I cheated, I reset the difficulty for all songs. Then I went into riff repeater for the songs in the setlist to level them back up to 100% so I can get the appropriate event score to get the encore (use the leveler in riff repeater, pause then go to set mastery and put it at 100%, complete riff once so it saves at 100%). Then when the encore comes around in the event, it isn't leveled up making it easier to get 90% notes hit.

To me, It would appear that the 50/50 double encore thing isn't true. I knew when I screwed up an encore but when I did well a double encore always showed up.

Either way, I finally feel like I can play the game now, it was bugging me that there were songs locked even though I'll probably only play two or three.

Resseting

Was deleting my save data and starting my game a terrible idea? I got my first double encore which was great, but the double encore was number 13 so I just put the guitar down and walked away. When exactly do double encore bonus songs show up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast