Thread: Which platform? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Which platform?

Rocksmith is finally getting released in Europe in september, and I am about to pre-order it. But which platform should I get it for?...
    I own both a PS3, an Xbox 360 and a fairly decent gaming PC.
    So are there any noteworthy differences between the different platform versions of Rocksmith?

I am leaning towards the PC version since it is cheaper. But in the past I have seen multi-platform games getting DLC for only the console versions, leaving the PC versions less attractive. Are there platform exclusive DLC tracks for Rocksmith, or will I be able to purchase any extra tracks available, no matter which platform I use?

Has any of the platforms so far exhibited more bugs than any of the other platforms?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If you have Xbox live than Xbox 360, if you don't PS3 would be your best choice by then they should have the freeze problem taken care of. Not familiar with the PC version.

I don't pay for XBox Live Gold, so I guess that makes it less attractive for me to choose the Xbox version.
    There are freezing problems on PS3?

Yeah tons of complaints about not being able to play in events due to freezing sound pretty frustrating if you have PS3, but I heard they will have a patch to fix it up in a couple months.

Shouldn't make any difference if you don't have Xbox Live Gold, there's no actual online multiplayer in the game, any DLC you should still be able to access from the marketplace with just Live Silver.

Right, that makes sense - I have been able to buy extra tracks for Rockband on my Xbox just fine.
    If there are no issues or disadvantages to choosing the PC version, I think I will choose that. It is a bit cheaper and my gaming PC is more powerful than my Xbox and PS3 combined

The only disadvantage I can see from the PC version is if they use their crappy "must be connected to the net" DRM