Thread: O/T - Your Personality Type | Forums

O/T - Your Personality Type

In an effort to liven things up a bit, I've decided to create a new thread. *GASP*

As you smart salts might have figured out by that there title on this here thread, it is about personality types, or more specifically your personality type. Granted, you don't have to follow along and participate, or even continue reading this thread, I just figured it'd be an interesting thing to post about.

So without further ramblings, I shall describe the process as it was described to me at a recent "college readiness" camp.

The first step is to go to the following website:
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
    Here you will complete a 72 question assessment. These are just Yes/No questions that shouldn't be too hard (at least I hope not!). I'm just a youngster and I had this part completed in under 10 minutes. After having completed the assessment, you will be redirected to another page which contains a bunch of nonsense. For this situation, however, all we are interested in is the 4-letter "code" near the top of the page. It should say "Your Type" then your 4-letter "code." Remember or write down this "code" as we will use it later!

Now, having completed the assessment described above, you will go to:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html
    And simply scroll down the page until you find your 4-letter "personality code" designation. Once you have found your 4-letter "code", you simply click on it (they are hyper linked) and you will be redirected to another page that is all about your personality type.

If you completed the above steps successfully, you are now on a page that is all about you!! That's right!! This page is (or should be!) all about you and what makes you, well you! Feel free to read this page and see just how well it describes you. Hopefully it will have a description that fits your personality fairly well. I know the 3 times I've done this test (yes, 3 times) I've always gotten the same results, and actually, found them to be almost an exact description of myself. I hope you enjoy!

4. (Optional)
    If this type of material has you as interested as it does me, then you may also find this:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/personal.html
    Link to be of interest. Once going to this page, you should scroll down the page until you see "Personal Growth and the Sixteen Types" After getting to this part, simply find your 4-letter "code" (it will be in red) and click on it. The purpose of this link is to offer you more reading material geared towards your specific personality type, and to also offer you a bit more "in-depth" look at some of your strengths and weaknesses, as well as interesting facts about yourself.

And tada!! That's All Folks! I really hope you found this interesting, and perhaps you even learned something about yourself.

Personally, I found this type of assessment/activity to be extremely fascinating.

Also, if anyone needs help along the process I'd be glad to help however I can.
    I know my directions and explanations might not be the best, but I hope they are at least good enough to get you through the process. I've got another link that also gives a general idea of how you are in relationships based on your personality type. If anyone is interested I can gladly type up a "How-To" for that link too, but I didn't want to overload your brains too much in one post.

Disclaimer: Given the somewhat unstable mindsets I've noticed on this forum (you know who you are
    ) I felt it necessary to exclude and release myself from any and all responsibility or outcomes that may arise from the use of these links and the information contained therein. I do not own, nor lay claim to, any of the links, material, opinions, or research on any of these websites, and their use is on a strict "As Is" basis. By using the resources contained within this post you, the user, assume all responsibility for any and all possible outcomes and their circumstances. If this assessment shatters all that you've previously known about yourself, ruins your personal aspirations, or somehow leaves you in solitary confinement at a local mental institution (again, you know who you are ), I do offer my condolences, but assume no responsibility.

.....And if anyone is interested (or even still reading ), I am an "INTJ" personality type. I've actually done a bunch of reading lately on my personality type and found the vast majority of the information to be spot-on with my actual personality.

Last edited by cgkstealth; 07-19-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    Linky: My Gaming Rig
    XFire Profile: cgkstealth
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Mine was way off on what I'd consider my personality, although in the past I've found these tests struggle a lot with me.

It told me i was a ENTJ, but most of the traits are exactly the opposite if how I'd describe myself. I'm more of a blend between ENFP, ENTP and a INFP.

Interesting how consistent the profiles are though. I can think of a lot of people that fit fairly well into a single category.

ENTJ - couldn't have described myself better. About 20 years ago I did a similar test whilst applying for a job and it was known then as Psychometric Testing. I think now that a lot of firms use it now as a manner in which they can select suitable candidates.

One of the Older Generation and Proud of it!!!
    Intel Corei7 2600k, 8gb Corsair RAM, Nvidia GTX670 Graphics, 120GB SSD & 128 SSD with Windows 7, 1TB HDD.

Its either rigged or we're all just the exact same. I got ENTJ as well.

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"

Wow, very interesting to see that all 3 of you have gotten the same result. Now, as Mescator pointed out, they might not be entirely accurate, but still interesting if you ask me.
    According to this:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/demographics.html
    Page, the ENTJ personality type is the rarest. Granted the test was only conducted on 22,000 people, and only from that one website, but I still think those results are quite intriguing.

Hopefully more people will see this and try it out. I think it's a neat thing to find out about yourself.

Does that not say something about the people who are members on this particular forum. We must have something similar about us to want to sit in front of a computer screen for hours playing a game that involves, patience, a degree of skill, cunning, strategy etc etc.

One of the Older Generation and Proud of it!!!
    Intel Corei7 2600k, 8gb Corsair RAM, Nvidia GTX670 Graphics, 120GB SSD & 128 SSD with Windows 7, 1TB HDD.

Wow. INTP for me. HMMM. I don't generally put much creedance in such tests, but, I have to admit it described me fairly well. Very interesting, Stealth.

I hope this doesn't mean I don't fit in here.
    Last edited by cmdrmoosicvs; 07-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.

"Humble, that's me...Mr. modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest!"-Bullwinkle J. Moose

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_U2007 View Post
    Does that not say something about the people who are members on this particular forum. We must have something similar about us to want to sit in front of a computer screen for hours playing a game that involves, patience, a degree of skill, cunning, strategy etc etc.

Maverick, I believe you are onto something. Just quickly thinking about things (which is not normal for me) I have noticed that all of the results thus far have included the "N" and "T" traits (iNtuitive and Thinking). Personally, I
    wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection between those traits and a game such as SH4.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrmoosicvs View Post
    Wow. INTP for me. HMMM. I don't generally put much creedance in such tests, but, I have to admit it described me fairly well. Very interesting, Stealth.

I hope this doesn't mean I don't fit in here

On the contrary cmdrmoosicvs, I think you do fit in very well here. Apparently you and I share the "I" (Introverted) trait and you also share the "N" and "T" traits (iNtuitive and Thinking) with the other members on the forum.

INTJ for me. Which was the exact outcome I was expecting since I have been subjected to this type of personality profile test before when seeking employment of a highly technical nature.
    The company was seeking individuals who were capable of non-linear thinking. Linear thinkers tend to get hung up when they meet the odd problem and will continue to bang their head, so to speak, against the proverbial wall. Instead of backing up and looking elsewhere for a logical solution.

Right now, I'm wondering if we just put ourselves into some sort of database that's looking for individuals for a specific future purpose. Maybe for the aftermath of the coming SHTF event.
    ...---.../...---...

Proud to be an Amoosican: Frostbite Falls is a cool place.

ISTJ: Interestingly, one of my suggested Career Choice on the list was Law Enforcement. LOL.
    Anyway, when I first became a police officer, back about the time when the dinosaurs became extinct, I had to attend a grueling Psychological evaluation. It involved a series of written tests, interviews and questionnaires (to name a few). It started (promptly) at 8:00 AM in the morning and it ended (just as promptly) at 4:00 PM in the afternoon. No officer who has ever attended these (here in NJ) is privy to the findings submitted to their propspective employer. I once submitted a written request to review my results (long after I was hired) but that request was denied.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)