Thread: Alex Hutchinson: "AC3 trying to be as progressive as possible" | Forums

  1. #1

    Alex Hutchinson: "AC3 trying to be as progressive as possible"

    Great article/interview with Alex Hutchinson from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-strange-land

    There's a separate thread created that focuses on the section of the article that deals with the ending of the game, but the rest of the article deserves its own thread and discussion too, especially since it's the main topic of the article.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Great Inagua
    Posts
    11,337
    Thanks for posting. Interesting insights, even though the writing in the article was a bit clunky. I mean, what the heck is this: "Hutchinson, who speaks not in the soft tone of a forward-thinking apologist but in the clear and decisive timbre of a politician" ?
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by SixKeys Go to original post
    Thanks for posting. Interesting insights, even though the writing in the article was a bit clunky. I mean, what the heck is this: "Hutchinson, who speaks not in the soft tone of a forward-thinking apologist but in the clear and decisive timbre of a politician" ?
    Yeah, this part was kinda "wut?", but still. Just hope the team actually sticks to what they're saying about progressiveness, esp. about Ratonhnhaké:ton's Native American heritage.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    FirestarLuva's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    818
    "The game is set to begin as Connor watches his village burn. Hutchinson says he wants to get in people's heads, and let them see how it feels to be disadvantaged. Not for revenge, the driving force of previous games, but for justice."

    Wait. if the game starts in 1753, does that mean Connor is born somewhere in 1740? This kinda confuses me, or is this scene suppose to be the 'you're gonna kill someone at the first 30 seconds of the game" like the scene at the beginning of Brotherhood where Ezio lungs at Cesare which is the scene near the end of the game?
    I was thinking something like this, perfect example from the beginning to 03:50

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi4nfbfCKQM
    Share this post

  5. #5
    I've always liked Alex, he seems like really great guy. He reminds me of Patrice a little bit.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    notafanboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    1,861
    Originally Posted by Ruquiscent Go to original post
    I've always liked Alex, he seems like really great guy. He reminds me of Patrice a little bit.
    he doesn´t have that combat beard though ...
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Captain Tomatoz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    1,052
    Originally Posted by notafanboy Go to original post
    he doesn´t have that combat beard though ...
    Also he has no where near as much passion for the game as Patrice did. When he showed off AC2 at e3 2009 he was incredibly proud of the game.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Yeah no one can replace Patrice, but the game seems in good hands.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    De Filosoof's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    Posts
    1,676
    Nice article!!

    This really gives me hope that the game will be awesome .
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Captain Tomatoz Go to original post
    Also he has no where near as much passion for the game as Patrice did. When he showed off AC2 at e3 2009 he was incredibly proud of the game.
    That's subjective as hell. People express emotions differently.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►