Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Hutchinson: "AC3 trying to be as progressive as possible" | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Alex Hutchinson: "AC3 trying to be as progressive as possible"

Great article/interview with Alex Hutchinson from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-strange-land

There's a separate thread created that focuses on the section of the article that deals with the ending of the game, but the rest of the article deserves its own thread and discussion too, especially since it's the main topic of the article.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks for posting. Interesting insights, even though the writing in the article was a bit clunky. I mean, what the heck is this: "Hutchinson, who speaks not in the soft tone of a forward-thinking apologist but in the clear and decisive timbre of a politician" ?

"I am your superior, in both title and ability;
    you should know better than to question me."

Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    Thanks for posting. Interesting insights, even though the writing in the article was a bit clunky. I mean, what the heck is this: "Hutchinson, who speaks not in the soft tone of a forward-thinking apologist but in the clear and decisive timbre of a politician" ?
    Yeah, this part was kinda "wut?", but still. Just hope the team actually sticks to what they're saying about progressiveness, esp. about Ratonhnhaké:ton's Native American heritage.

"The game is set to begin as Connor watches his village burn. Hutchinson says he wants to get in people's heads, and let them see how it feels to be disadvantaged. Not for revenge, the driving force of previous games, but for justice."

Wait. if the game starts in 1753, does that mean Connor is born somewhere in 1740? This kinda confuses me, or is this scene suppose to be the 'you're gonna kill someone at the first 30 seconds of the game" like the scene at the beginning of Brotherhood where Ezio lungs at Cesare which is the scene near the end of the game?
    I was thinking something like this, perfect example from the beginning to 03:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi4nfbfCKQM
    Nota Warrior <3

' ' I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid. ' ' - Fireheart, Rising Storm.
    ' ' I have known true freedom. I have known a world of peace and remarkable spirit…a world which was taken from me. ' ' - Connor Kenway {Ratonhnhaké:ton}
    If you care about Ratonhnhaké:ton {Connor} and want another game with him, like this page:
    http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/

I've always liked Alex, he seems like really great guy. He reminds me of Patrice a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruquiscent View Post
    I've always liked Alex, he seems like really great guy. He reminds me of Patrice a little bit.
    he doesn´t have that combat beard though ...

sig made by Zeejay. psn: nitres15
    "For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."

please put this soundtrack into the game ubisoft !!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pJCctetTRc

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    he doesn´t have that combat beard though ...
    Also he has no where near as much passion for the game as Patrice did. When he showed off AC2 at e3 2009 he was incredibly proud of the game.

'Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils' - Louis Hector Berlioz

Yeah no one can replace Patrice, but the game seems in good hands.

Nice article!!

This really gives me hope that the game will be awesome .
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tomatoz View Post
    Also he has no where near as much passion for the game as Patrice did. When he showed off AC2 at e3 2009 he was incredibly proud of the game.
    That's subjective as hell. People express emotions differently.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast