Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gameinformer Article | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaslavik View Post
    Hmm there are some things i have not heard yet! Thanks Sameer!
    No problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf042000 View Post
    Sorry but the idea of it all existing in the same universe is horribly stupid. They already tried that with Chaos Theory and Ghost Recon. Not only is it needlessly complicated and creates plotholes, but it limits what other games can do in terms of storylines.

Also can you imagine how messed up that world would be, with a new world war every 2 years. No thanks, keep it how it is.
    why would we need a new world war every 2 years ?!, Terrorists attack happen all times, threats every where happens all the time, same goes for Informational Warfare, I believe it wouldn't be hard to have it all in one place.

The thing is E3-Demo of SCB for example, when I saw it and after giving it some thought I felt like it was more of a Ghosts mission rather than 4th Echelon mission, also they will still be separate in terms of freedom of story, every game will have it's own story, but instead of having an asset telling the Ghosts a new piece of information, we hear that 4th Echelon got some intel for them, kinda like how HAWX is supporting the Ghosts in every game, they are there, that's all there is to it.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'll believe stealth is in the game when I see it. Coming from someone who himself said he was "Frustrated" with previous Splinter Cell games I have very little faith in anything he says.
    XBox 360 Gamer Tag = Rdsknsfan3

Didn't one of the devs (can't remember if it was Max or not) say at some point something about possibly playing as team rainbow in SvM?

Quote Originally Posted by doogsy91 View Post
    Didn't one of the devs (can't remember if it was Max or not) say at some point something about possibly playing as team rainbow in SvM?
    it was Max in Gamespot E3 Stage Demo if I recall, but I think it was just an example, not to be taken seriously, maybe ?!

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

In ghost recon future soldier also meant to be so beautiful... and came out below expectations. I will not dwell on it, this is no place for it.
    About Blacklist - too much talk, little gameplay revealed. Frankly I'm concerned if this is true, heh... anyway thanks for this revaltion.
    Last edited by JaRuTo; 07-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/35229,pureghostplayermini2SJII7.png
    If you're looking something different from Splinter Cell videos, (last my project was called Tactical Espionage from Chaos Theory - advanced ghost style), visit my fansite channel at this address: http://www.youtube.com/user/jaruto7?feature=mhee

Our ideas should serve as an inspiration for Ubisoft Toronto with new and innovative features in the right direction for next SC games: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...e-in-Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Cross-pollination has me really excited. Would love to see how they have integrated the different game mods and universes.
    This is one of the most intriguing things to me about the interview. "You pull up your world map and you're, like, I want to play this one mission. Then you have a friend that joins, and you bring up that map again and join your friend." What does this mean??? My first thought was that you could play co-op in the single player campaign, but I don't know. Maybe some kind of D-ops that ties into single player. Very excited to see some more gameplay.... soon.... I hope!

^ Who knows. Sounds to me like the connections will just be much easier. You pull up the map while in your SP mission, see that a friend sis on and hop to his location on the map and start playing. I imagine that specific locations will be co-op while others are SvM and SP only. Would be nice if ALL locales were available for ALL modes, that would really be cool.

Overall it sounds like a streamlining of the process and a way of making it easier to connect and sort of stay in the game, rather than backing out through multiple menu's.

My one concern is the statement Max made about being online the entire time to allow for this approach. That puts into that scary territory again where if online service is hosed, we can't play our game properly. Surely the SP will still be available offline right?

@Jaruto
    I thought GRFS was very good looking but after a while I did notice that graphic wise, it is still the basic modelling that we have been used to this generation. It does still look better to me but I think that has more to do with the coloring and additional graphical touches on top of the models, along with a nice approach to filmography. It's like there is MORE in every scene, but it is still at the same level as before.
    I wonder how much better than can really make things look for this code base, while maintaining the scope of mechanics and navigation that we are used to in these titles.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    @Jaruto
    I thought GRFS was very good looking but after a while I did notice that graphic wise, it is still the basic modelling that we have been used to this generation. It does still look better to me but I think that has more to do with the coloring and additional graphical touches on top of the models, along with a nice approach to filmography. It's like there is MORE in every scene, but it is still at the same level as before.
    I wonder how much better than can really make things look for this code base, while maintaining the scope of mechanics and navigation that we are used to in these titles.
    Agree, and let me add it does look fantastic here and there, like the Snow Missions, The Gallant Thief ((my favorite)), the final mission, beside as much as we love graphics I don't think it should be no.1, we should focus more on level design and the AI. -- yet again IMO GRFS looks really good.

Also let me add the game was supposed to come out in 2010 or something right ?!, so yeah the whole 4 years development cycle mess things up, we can see pretty clearly that SCB looks much better than SCC, especially when it comes to animation ((MOCAP)), but I am waiting to see how the lightings is handled, I want some awesome lightening.

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

The more I hear about this story, the less I like it.

Attacking American Values?

Is he serious??

Will Supersized McDonalds be on the Blacklist??

And the more I think about it, the idea that these Rogue Nations would ever band together to get rid of America is just ... meh. Just seems ridiculous.

The Real-Life inspiration for the story really makes me laugh though...

Afghainstan: RT @Iraq @Syria @Yemen.... Seriously, has anyone else had enough of these Cowboy Yankees yet? Meeting at Tafirq Square in 5

That said....I do like the idea of the 4th Echelon moments

And she's like, “Hey, I know where you are, tell me and I'll turn off the lights for you or something.” And then you're like, “Yeah, Grim, turn off the lights,” and you're in the dark.

But dropping Predator drones is just waaaaay out of whack...

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

Having read the article, and now having watched the recent video (well...the old video really, with a little new context) I'm starting to see a lot of the 24 influence on the game. 24 was a great series, and Splinter Cell could do far worse than to be inspired by Jack Bauer, but I wonder if the 24 vibe could really carry out well in a video game. I am uncertain that an interactive interrogation sequence would be as impactful as a dramatized interrogation scene. I like the concept, but I'm frankly doubtful that a "push A to hit terrorist" could elicit the same kind of emotional moral conflict. I think the problem has to do with interactivity. I don't know that it is possible to create a game sequence that feels as organic, vital, and unpredictable, as the situation it is trying to simulate. Instead, I think the programming algorithm will become apparent quickly to the player, making the experience which is good in concept, come across too mechanical. I also wonder if part of the challenge in a video game is whether I can care enough for the terrorist NPC, so as to have a moral "what would I really do" moment. I think Bellands idea of eliminating rewards based on specific actions is intelligent, but I also predict that the effect will be less than what is hoped for.

Splinter Cell has been about infiltration, intelligence gathering, objectives, and exfiltration. These would have been better area's of focus. Story sounds good in theory, but particularly with a game like Splinter Cell, the story, belonged to me. A strong narrative in a game like this requires strong gameplay parameters that will probably end up being to restrictive.

I'm still holding out my final judgement, but I'm still pretty skeptical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast