Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Patriots at?..Is there a DEV that could answer the community?.. | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-x View Post
    Chill man, this is a gaming forum, no need act hostile.

OT: I'll take a wicked guess at predicting that new info will be out by either November or December as I'm pretty sure that they'll want to release information as close to the end of the year as possible since they seem to be going for a late 2013 release date.
    Well, I just don't like hypocrites that's all. I've been seeing a lot of fakes pretending to be fans of the franchise lately. Looking at how Future Solder and Conviction turned out it irritates the hell out of me because it seems these fakes are the only ones Ubi Soft is paying attention to while ignoring those that are called "hardcore", those that liked what these franchises used to be all about. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised because most of the "hardcore" fanbase has given up on the Tom Clancy brand anyway and have moved on with games like Takedown, which wouldn't exist had it not been for Ubi Soft throwing the whole concept of the older games under bus in the first place. I agree that they may show something by the end of the year as well. In any case, we'll see if Patriots is actually recognizable as a real Rainbow Six game in any way when they have something to show, however unlikely.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    Well, I just don't like hypocrites that's all. I've been seeing a lot of fakes pretending to be fans of the franchise lately. Looking at how Future Solder and Conviction turned out it irritates the hell out of me because it seems these fakes are the only ones Ubi Soft is paying attention to while ignoring those that are called "hardcore", those that liked what these franchises used to be all about. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised because most of the "hardcore" fanbase has given up on the Tom Clancy brand anyway and have moved on with games like Takedown, which wouldn't exist had it not been for Ubi Soft throwing the whole concept of the older games under bus in the first place. I agree that they may show something by the end of the year as well. In any case, we'll see if Patriots is actually recognizable as a real Rainbow Six game in any way when they have something to show, however unlikely.
    It's really funny how you think it is totally okay to call people hypocrites or fakes fans just cause they like things you don't like.
    I am glad Ubisoft gave up on your so called 'hardcore' fans, if every one of them is like you, then yeah Ubi should definitely stop caring about.
    Luckily I know alot of hardcore fans who are far from the likes of you.
    Have a nice day.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by athenian View Post
    Not saying their "plans" are set in stone, they change as does almost any plan does, but it's still UBI's "plan". It just has nothing to do with the "communities" expectations, wants or needs. We could scream, cry, whine, beg, kick puppies or even go as far as acting civilized and asking politely, it won't change how or when information is released about Patriots. Hence my sarcasm when Pixie said she will go ask. Do you really think UBI holds onto information just for the sake of waiting until someone asks for it? They have to maximize the effect of every piece of information they release because marketing is not cheap nor are the people who do it.
    where do you read that i think ubisoft is holding back info, until someone asks for it?.Don't insult me man.
    Again the neglet of this title is my major point of it all..they really owe it to the fans, who are still coming to these forums every day and haven't seen another R6 game since 2008.
    That beeing said, you can't finally show footage and interviews and then let the fans go **** themselves for 8 months.
    Marketing is not cheap?..it's not expensive either..they allready have marketing people walking around for patriots and all they have to do is create a compilation of footage and put it on the i-net.
    Marketing is not only for the fans, but also for advertising there product.

Again Antione did the same for FS and when you look at Blacklist and AC and what not, you get enough footage and info..

My point is if UBI has information to release. They will release it on their terms, not because people on their or anybody else's forums are asking for. If there's news to be released, why would they release it on the forums first which has a very limited audience?

@Evil @Mush - rather than make a new topic I'll bump this one, but can we get any sort of idea what's going on at this point. Determining direction, project leads or nothing at all? I'm fine if you report that there's nothing, but we'd all like to know what exactly is going on. Hope that doesn't sound too demanding but we would like some sort of info, anything at all really.

Hi Dieinthedark, we do not have any new updates to announce at present but when we do we will post as a stickie.

Alright, well thank you anyway. If there's still some sort of a team working on this, let them know we're still *trying* hanging on!

Will do

Quote Originally Posted by athenian View Post
    My point is if UBI has information to release. They will release it on their terms, not because people on their or anybody else's forums are asking for. If there's news to be released, why would they release it on the forums first which has a very limited audience?
    The only reason UBI's own forums have a very limited audiance is because they DON'T realease anything here until it's already been to all of the other news and gaming sites.

Trust me, years ago, before UBI had policies that employees working on the games weren't allowed to post, there were tons of fans in here and actual bi-directional conversations. Of course, that all ended during the development of R6 Lockdown.

What are the odds a fan posts game news in here before anyone from UBI?

Quote Originally Posted by Pest_AWC View Post
    What are the odds a fan posts game news in here before anyone from UBI?
    Probably a lot better than 50/50.

Especially since news on updates and server issues and the like for GRFS are posted on facebook and twitter by Ubi but not on the forums... you know, the place where the game's users might think to check?
    I have the fifth freedom... so watch out, here I come
    Originally registered July 17, 2002

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123