View Poll Results: Please vote here:

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like Ubi to keep Uplay, but fix all the issues in this thread

0 0%
  • I would like to get rid of Uplay and activate my games on Steam and Steam only instead

1 100.00%
  • I would like non Steam and non Uplay games from Ubi

0 0%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop Uplay | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Nimras186 View Post
    But its not DRM don't mix up DRM and what it does up.

Uplay is not DRM on games thats not meant to be online all the time.

All games I own from Ubisoft thats not online games I can play offline even now where the Uplay is down.

I have AC 1, AC 2, AC 2 Brotherhood, AC 2 Revelation and HOMM VI Collectors plus DLC for them all I could play them all now if i wanted to.

I wont as all my games are on the Uplay server and i want my archievements. But if i didn't care for Archievements and didn't mind starting over offline I could.

That means DRM is "gone" understood the second the game is activated do you have full access to it without internet and DRM has run it course.

I know its fustrating trust me I am frustrated and angry my self. But I don't mix DRM up into it when DRM is not a issue anymore when a game is activated and not a online game.

These games i own aren't online games and they are activated so DRM is not there anymore. They where when it came out because you couldn't play what so ever unless you had internet access hence DRM was there.

DRM is the checker to make sure you OWN the game if not you CAN'T run it. Since you can RUN the game without internet access when its activated is DRM legit CHECK done and over and not there anymore.
    It IS DRM. Digital Rights Management, something added to provide access control to prevent piracy. It cuts out the multiplayer aspect to curb pirates from wanting to steal the game. Just because you can play offline doesn't suddenly make it not DRM. You can play just about any Steam game offline, but it's still DRM. It's a heck of a lot better and they actually keep their servers running all the time with great connectivity, so it's almost never an issue, but it's still DRM.

Don't confuse DRM for whatever the heck you think it means, because you're just plain wrong.

All games I own from Ubisoft thats not online games I can play offline even now where the Uplay is down.

I have AC 1, AC 2, AC 2 Brotherhood, AC 2 Revelation and HOMM VI Collectors plus DLC for them all I could play them all now if i wanted to.

I wont as all my games are on the Uplay server and i want my archievements. But if i didn't care for Archievements and didn't mind starting over offline I could.

That means DRM is "gone" understood the second the game is activated do you have full access to it without internet and DRM has run it course.

I know its fustrating trust me I am frustrated and angry my self. But I don't mix DRM up into it when DRM is not a issue anymore when a game is activated and not a online game.

These games i own aren't online games and they are activated so DRM is not there anymore. They where when it came out because you couldn't play what so ever unless you had internet access hence DRM was there.

DRM is the checker to make sure you OWN the game if not you CAN'T run it. Since you can RUN the game without internet access when its activated is DRM legit CHECK done and over and not there anymore.
    Having to activate the game is already DRM, attaching a terrible client to that activation doesn't suddenly make it not DRM. If there was no DRM, there would be NO activation and you would NOT be forced to have a ubisoft account.

That the DRM isn't as terrible as it was before doesn't suddenly make it DRM-free.

Signed...

Signed

Signed. I favorite the Assassin's Creed series, but truth be told i had enough. Id rather see that company burn than the release of the new AC3....

Agree! no more money from me!

The only good job Ubisoft is doing today is loosing its customers! Good job Uidiots!

This simply isn't true. All my games are fully installed and activated and have been played in recent days (AC2, AC:B, AC:R, Splinter Cell Conviction and Driver san Francisco), however even in offline mode I can no longer run them since my login credentials have somehow been cleared from UPlay. They are preventing me from playing my fully activated and paid for games.

It is still DRM no matter how you try to explain it. The DRM is still there even when activated.

I want to play the games I purchased. You've done a great job on the "money collection" part, but the "provide services" part, you haven't quite mastered.

Signed

Signed

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast