Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Uplay_Account]Uplay tells me my password/username are incorrect | Forums

If UPlay is just a service to enhance my gameplay, why don't I have the option to remove it? You can't actually play the new Ubisoft games on PC without logging into UPlay... No matter how you look at it, it's DRM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tully__ View Post
    It's not up to me. I'm not even an Ubisoft employee, nor are any of the forum moderators.
    OK that figures. Any chance of knowing how long this problem is going to take to fix? It seems to be a fairly common occurrence with people logging in

I myself, am having this problem... bought anno 2070 and enjoyed it then uplay crashed causing my game to stop :\ now i cant log back in...

If this is not DRM, then why cant i play without it?

1. UPlay is not DRM. It is a service that is designed to enhnace your game experience with rewards and preserve your game progress between sessions, in some cases on different machines. It would appear from comments on the forums that there is currently a problem with the UPlay servers preventing logging in to UPlay.

2. DRM is digital rights management, a system designed to prevent or deter copying of the game or installing it on more machines than you're entitled to. It is totally separate to UPlay.
    If Uplay not are DRM, so you must call me bob. Homm requires a connection to be able to play it and so it also requires a connection to log on Uplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Noramia View Post
    Ubisoft, your legit customers hate your stupid DRM.
    ^this x1000.

Only just started using Uplay and I'm sick to death of it already.

Howlong U need to fix that little problem? work faster 4 u money.

This is happening to me too. I just bought Anno 2070, and was able to play the game after creating a uplay account. When I tried to play it this morning, it refused my password. I reset it, and it still refused my new password. I have now reset the password three times, to no avail. I can log in here just fine, but Uplay will not play the game I have paid money for. What kind of ******** is this?

I recommend not purchasing any games from this company! Sick and tired of this BULL**** !

1. UPlay is not DRM. It is a service that is designed to enhnace your game experience with rewards and preserve your game progress between sessions, in some cases on different machines. It would appear from comments on the forums that there is currently a problem with the UPlay servers preventing logging in to UPlay.

2. DRM is digital rights management, a system designed to prevent or deter copying of the game or installing it on more machines than you're entitled to. It is totally separate to UPlay.
    Are you really this stupid or just parroting what others tell you? You know things can have multiple purposes at the same time. U**** is both 1 and most definitely 2.

PS. Today broke the camels back for me. I won't BUY anything from Ubisoft again. You lose a customer that has bought 10+ games from you since you treat us legit customers like crap.

I am also having issues logging on. I just bought Anno, and cannot get by the uplay log on. My account information is accurate (used it to get on here). Oddly when I go to the "create new account" part it states that the servers are down. The handy support links do not seem to work either. I've since had time to do some research and discovering all kings of these threads and DRM issues. Regretting my purchase now....

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast