Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ibanez Acoustic-Electric Guitar | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Ibanez Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Hey fellow Rocksmithers, I think I am overdue to get me a new guitar, and I am looking at an Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic-Electric Guitar, or an Ibanez AEL30SE Acoustic-Electric Guitar. I have a 'FEAR' of purchasing guitars made in China but, I have been reading lots of glowing reviews about the Ibanez I've mentioned above. My love for guitar playing is now at 'full throttle' having really grown ever since I got Rocksmith last November.
    I have a classical nylon string acoustic guitar, which I cannot use in RS, and a Palmer made tele which has really served me well in RS thus far. But, I really want to get something more meaty, and my eyes have locked on to these two. I plan to visit Guitar Center tomorrow to test them but, before I do, I would love to get some opinions from you guys at this very friendly and knowledgeable forum.
    Thanks in advance !!!
    Last edited by Godfrey1956; 07-14-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: mispelled word
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well OK guys, I know the guitars I'm considering is not 'top dollars' brand but, is there no one who has some knowledge of these and can offer me some advice ?? Am I missing something here ? I really believed this to be a friendly and helpful forum and no one has even commented, good or bad so far ???

It is a helpful and friendly forum, but that doesn't mean there's someone online right now who knows the answer to such a specific question...or that not getting an answer means we're all elitist bastards who are deliberately ignoring you. "I'm in the market for an acoustic-electric in the $X price range," is much more likely to get responses than, "Hey guys, tell me what you know about XYZ specifc random guitar."

There's a good possibility none of the regulars have played that particular guitar....

Sorry Steel_Nirvana, my Bad !!! Please excuse me if I seemed to have been accusatory in my query, it's just that in checking this forum daily, and seeing the kinds of questions that receive quick responses, I got to wondering. What I mean is that most of the guitars discussed here are along the lines of the better known and more expensive American made brands such as Fenders, Gibsons, Epiphones etc..., you know all the really expensive stuff like Les Pauls etc... Seeing as how I'm asking about a Chinese made and less expensive axe, and having posted the query since 11:09 pm last night, I found it strange that in such a helpful and friendly forum, no one has even ventured a comment.
    I love guitar playing and the vast amounts of knowledge the members of this here forum supply is priceless imo..., but, I may have been a little too sensitive.
    Anyhooo..., I suppose I will have to test them myself and let my ears and intuition be my guide. Thanks for your reproof Steel !!

Hey Godfrey,

My wife has an Ibanez AEL30SE, we've had it for 8 months, great guitar for it's price range. We did have it taken in for some setup work. Lowered the action (truss rod work) and had the bridge height shaved lower as well and a change of strings (Elixers... ?). The built in pick up is pretty decent, no where near the quality of my Taylor 814CE,.... but we are talking $500 versus $3500. Full sounding guitar, good low end high end balance. Highly recommended.

Frank & Lori

A few pics of Lori's Ibanez...

A vid you might be interested in...

Frank & Lori, Thank You so very much. I really want to say so much more, but I don't want to 'gush'. This is a great example of friendliness and helpfullness, and I thank you with all of my heart and wish God's abundant blessings on you. The extra lengths you went to to inform me to the best of your ability about this model guitar is truly appreciated. I really do believe that I will, after playing it myself of course, purchase it. Thanks again Frank & Lori, you guys are the best. God Bless.
    PS:- BTW, that is a Beautiful Epi standing gaurd next to your wife's Ibanez
    Last edited by Godfrey1956; 07-14-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Addition

Glad to be of help. All the best with your decision.

I think that guitar is a very nice guitar and would work great for RS, i have been wanting to get me a new Acoustic guitar because the acoustics i do have do not have a cut away for access to the upper frets. when im ready to get one i know i will have to check out this guitar

when you get it i was hoping that you would post some info on what you think of her and how she plays

Crispy

Personally I've never been overly impressed with Ibanez acoustics, but acoustics are very much up to personal preference. I'm just really not a fan of their acoustic sound. I'd recommend going and playing a bunch and figuring out which you like yourself.

Personally, I've liked Takamine, Alvarez and Yamaha acoustics in that price range. Really, your best bet is to go and play a bunch and see what feels and sounds best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rchiav View Post
    Personally I've never been overly impressed with Ibanez acoustics, but acoustics are very much up to personal preference. I'm just really not a fan of their acoustic sound. I'd recommend going and playing a bunch and figuring out which you like yourself.

Personally, I've liked Takamine, Alvarez and Yamaha acoustics in that price range. Really, your best bet is to go and play a bunch and see what feels and sounds best to you.
    Thanks for your input rchiav, I guess that testing a variety would be the wise thing to do, instead of just locking in on one specific make. Pardon me asking but, if you can put in words, what is it about the sound that you dislike ? I know it's a difficult thing to express verbally much less in writing, as there are always those subtle nuances with respect to the sounds various instruments produce, and definitely a dufference with regards to the better made and established brands. Again, I thank you for your advice.
    Crispyfunk, if I do go ahead and purchase it, I will certainly post some feedback as to my impressions etc... Thanks guys, I'm pretty new to this 'guitat-shopping' adventure and would like to spend wisely, the hard earned cash, especially as this is to feed my music hankering; I have no illusions to rock fame, even though I do play bass in a Christian band, and cannot go 'overboard' with my spending!! Sure wish I could Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast