Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Years experience : # of guitars ratio | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I'm thinking 1 for each year I've played, which puts the count close to 30.

LOL! Two 30 year players in a row!
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 07-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Cool

well lets see....9 years total playing....with a hiatus thrown in the middle of it

I had a Les Paul something or other right off the bat, but it got stolen in the first week i had it.......so it really doesn't count
    got my self a new lesser expensive guitar then and still am playing it
    so 1 guitar

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    LOL! Two 30s in a row!
    I feel like I'm falling into a trap here, but I'll bite: I don't get it. <ducks>

Quote Originally Posted by slabossiere View Post
    I feel like I'm falling into a trap here, but I'll bite: I don't get it. <ducks>
    The poster before me, had 30 years listed too.

I think I'll edit my post, to make that more clear.

Thanks rcole. Now I can't hear a thing due to a rather loud WHOOSHing noise as I type this, LOL!

hmm.... I woudn't know were to begin to calulate a ratio.

I took lessons for the first time in 9th grade, first failed attempt at learning, took guitar as an elective and had an old classical acoustic my dad picked up somewhere. Not sure what happend to that guitar.
    Guitar total: 1-1=0
    Bought an Ibanez at a pawn shop in high school. Have no idea what model it was, it was white and had a floating trem bridge, two single coil pickups and on humbucker at the bridge. began my second attempt at lessons. had that guitar for years. Had a boss that was a pretty skills guitarist that tried to teach me, you guessed it, third failed attempt at learning. Then I gave the white Ibanez away to the boyfriend of a co-workers of my ex-wifes before moving to Colorado. Wish I hadn't.
    Guitar total: 2-2=0

Fast forward about 9 years, first marriage was starting to fail, I decided i would pick up a hobby and have some disctraction. Bought an acoustic Ibanez PF5,
    Guitar total 3-2=1,
    and began taking lessons from a friend. Didn't last, Fourth failed attempt at learning. Started with another friend, yup, 5ith failed attempt. Took lessons at a music store. This time, each time actually but more so this time, some things started to stick. After several months,I decided I wanted an electric and picked up an Ibanez GRX starter jumppack.
    GT 4-2=2
    Then I bought a bass and started to play it in a little worship band at church for the childrens ministry. When that happened, I changed my lessons to be bass oriented.
    Guitars: 2
    Basses: 1
    Did this for about a year. During this time, I decided i wanted an electric acoustic and bought a Tacoma Chief . and sold the PF5 at a yard sale.
    Guitars still 2
    Basses still 1
    Then my marraige completely failed, the childrens ministry dropped the worship team and went in another direction so I lost my bass gig and I was in a bit of a pinch financially and stopped lessons. I switched churches and after about 6 months, I joined that worship team and played bass there for about 3 years, till last october when my dad got sick. He died in December and I took a break from playing bass at church till just recently but now I am only playing once a month rather than every week.

Anyway,I got remarried a year and a half ago and during the last year, i began plinking away at my guitars and decided I wanted to take up the 6 string again and to motivate my self, I picked out an Epiphone Les Paul standard plus top that I would buy if and when I got decent at playing because I knew that my Ibanez GRX was a very low end guitar and would want something nicer. I shared my desire with my wife and on my 42nd Birthday, she surprised me with the exact same guitar I had shown her months before. Yeah, she rocks.
    so, then Rocksmith came out about two and a half months after my birthday and I've been playing roughly an hour a day ever since. Got a bad case of GAS, bought an Epiphone wilshire pro and a Gibson SG bass, a traveler EG-2 and my wife has an Ibanez pf4 accoustic. I just recently started lessons again to focus on technique and Music Theory so my rocksmith time is complemented with some real application.

so lets see

Ibanez GRX
    Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus top
    Epiphone Wilsire Pro
    Traveler EG-2
    Tacoma Chief acoustic
    Ibanez PF4 acoustic
    Guitars: 6

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
    Gibson SG Bass
    Basses: 2

Lots of years of dabbling and trying.

I'm sure that is much more than any of you wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk-n-Stein View Post
    I'm about at a year and 1/2 as well (outside of a lesson or 2 and some occasional messing around several years ago that never came to anything.) I have 3 electrics and one acoustic. I have another electric on order, but I will sell one of the other electrics at that time.
    Yea, no lessons prior to that for me either but a little messing around which really came to nothing.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

On July 17th I will be at 9 months playing and I just bought my second guitar yesterday. I was given a guitar a while back, but never learned to play wanted too but didn't want to do the work and when I heard this game was coming out, I thought I will see how it is and give it a shot. Now I am addicted an average around 2 hours a day.

Three years, three guitars. I'm planning on adding about one more per year until I have a Gibson LP, a Gibson SG, a Fender Strat and a decent accoustic. And probably a bass, when that patch comes out.

4 years (?) "playing" guitar/taking lessons, but actually playing seriously only since December 2011 (multiple hours a day). I have 5 guitars (Fender Starcaster - my daughters boyfriend has this now), an ESP LTD EC100 (my main playing guitar), an Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top (for Drop D), a Traveler Guitar (getting a workout this week as I am still on the road (LOL)) and a generic Strat type guitar that I won as a door prize at a golf event (signed by the Kings of Leon - it is NOT a playing guitar as much as it is a "lookin' at" guitar ).

I am pretty set with the two main playing guitars I have. My next purchase would be in the lines of a Strat-type PRS guitar - but that will be a ways off - Maybe for the release of Rocksmith 3.0 !

EDIT: I forgot about the Bass upgrade coming out!! THAT will be next on my agenda. Probably nothing too extravagant, but a functional bass guitar.
    Last edited by majorerickson; 07-13-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Love One Woman - Many Guitars!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast