Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I figured out how the leveler bug works. | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

How the leveler bug works. Master any section!

So I am 100% positive I know the trick. I went to a song I haven't played in a LONG time that wasn't mastered, was tough since I have probably 85% of all arrangements mastered in the game. It was tricky to figure out but I did it, and it worked on every time. Now the question is what to do with this information I have. For me it serves a worthless purpose I want to level up arrangements naturally and earn it. I admit I got it on Star Spangled Banner, but I didn't exactly know how, but now I do. I feel like if I give out this information it could ruin the weekly challenges which are fun for everyone. I don't see the benefit of this information coming out. What do you guys think? and trust me when I say this it is worst than I originally thought it was.

Edit: Go into riff repeater and click on leveler, then click on set mastery and lower it down to the lowest % you want. Level it up once then set mastery to a higher percentage (preferable something you are capable of playing the song at for your own ability.) It can be any percentage and then fail at it assuming you are not capable of playing it at that percentage to level it up any further. Then quit go to game setting click on highest achieved settings and then it should be set at whatever percentage you failed at, whether it was 100% or lower.
    Last edited by derrickhenry1; 08-09-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Lay it on me, I'd like in on this,
    http://orckiller666.blogspot.com/ <---- The Orcs will not win.

I don't see how it could ruin the weekly challenge.

It may let me get purple, or have all the notes shown, where they would not be, which may give me a few more points, but I am still going to have to be able to play it reasonablly well to get a decent score.

I say, lay out what you have found and let us all discuss it.

If we think it is that serious of a bug, then we can report it, delete the info in this thread, and try to keep it hush. I don't see that happening.

We can wait and see what some other think first.

I am going to give this a couple of days to settle and here responses from those who compete and what not. I am 100% positive now it works and it more powerful than I thought. I am iffy because I understand how some would be upset for the fact that if they miss one note on riff repeater on a hard section they might not level up where in other sections you can. Its gives the user the complete power over every song doesn't matter which song. I like it and I don't, mainly because I just started doing the competitions and it makes people grind their way up and earn it like I had to, then the other aspect is that would be selfish of me to hold the secret and not share. I admit I am going to use it for Carol of the Bells Single note where I am stuck at 82% I believe on solo 2.

Just in case anyone doubts the validity of it here is Solo 2 from Carol of the Bells Mastered. Anybody who has played it knows this is super difficult to get to 100%.
    Last edited by derrickhenry1; 07-08-2012 at 06:28 AM.

even if you let this out i wont use it i prefer to earn my achievements not cheat my way into anything

Well, I tried to reproduce the bug on SSB Bridge, Stone Cold Solo 3, and Carol of the Bells Solo 2. Bad news is I couldn't get it to work, good news is I actually levelled Carol of the Bells as part of this exercise. I had it at 96% to start with, so was almost there, after a bit of riff repeater griding today I was able to get it to 100%.

Didn't make any progress on SSB or Stone Cold though...

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    Well, I tried to reproduce the bug on SSB Bridge, Stone Cold Solo 3, and Carol of the Bells Solo 2. Bad news is I couldn't get it to work, good news is I actually levelled Carol of the Bells as part of this exercise. I had it at 96% to start with, so was almost there, after a bit of riff repeater griding today I was able to get it to 100%.

Didn't make any progress on SSB or Stone Cold though...
    Since your one of the top players how do feel about this? I will tell you right now it takes away that feeling of hard work and satisfaction you probably felt leveling up carol of the bells the natural way.

Derrick, if your afraid of it affecting the weekly challenges, I'd appreciate it if you'd PM it to me. I've never participated in those myself, and would love to know this trick mainly for the SSB bridge section-- my electric guitar isn't the best for tapping and I don't think I can ever hit that 100% accuracy requirement in the leveler.

Also, even with the info, you still have to play the sections pretty well in a lot of songs to get the 100k (I had to hit at least 90 something% of that solo 3 in Stone Cold Crazy to barely make 100.2k), so it's not like it ruins the game or defeats the purpose, at least in my opinion.

In any case I'd really appreciate the information.

I don't see what harm it can do really. One still needs to be able to play the song to score.
    And it might be very useful to people who have some note recognition issues etc.
    Mostly, though I'm just curious
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

Yeah, for me it would just make the game 100% enjoyable. As it stands now, those 100% accuracy requirements are more tedious and unrealistic than helpful-- I get much more out of practicing in accelerator. I also much rather practice the song as a whole (after I've spent some time on each section) so I can get used to the transitions. It's just nice to be able to attempt to master a song without all that slow, tedious suffering in between (that goes beyond normal practice), ESPECIALLY when there are some note-detection conflicts.

I really hope the info is shared.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast