Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please give an option not to use UPlay | Forums

Thumbs up Please give an option not to use UPlay

I purchased a Ubisoft game recently but it will not let me play it without going through UPlay, there is no option not to use Uplay (game is ANNO 2070)
    Ubisoft please allow games not to have to use this, I am not always connected to the internet and I do not want to use UPlay, I do not need UPlay and I do not like UPlay.
    Unti lthere is such an option I refuse to buy any more Ubisoft games. I thought Driver San Francisco was annoying enough.

bought driver sf via steam £6.42. monster download finished today. start uplay... a ubisoft service is not available at the moment. you can't access the product you bought. madness. whoever made the decision to force uplay on users is costing the company a lot of money. i pay more for some indie games than the sale only 'policy' i adopt with ubi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollygt View Post
    I purchased a Ubisoft game recently but it will not let me play it without going through UPlay, there is no option not to use Uplay (game is ANNO 2070)
    Ubisoft please allow games not to have to use this, I am not always connected to the internet and I do not want to use UPlay, I do not need UPlay and I do not like UPlay.
    Unti lthere is such an option I refuse to buy any more Ubisoft games. I thought Driver San Francisco was annoying enough.
    The Uplay client is indeed needed to launch your game. However, if you wish so, you can set it up to always start offline by going in the Settings (the little cog next to your username in the top right) and ticking the "Always Start Offline" box.
    Uplay Community Developer
    Facebook
    / Google+ / Support

Quote Originally Posted by P3ndula View Post
    bought driver sf via steam £6.42. monster download finished today. start uplay... a ubisoft service is not available at the moment. you can't access the product you bought. madness. whoever made the decision to force uplay on users is costing the company a lot of money. i pay more for some indie games than the sale only 'policy' i adopt with ubi.
    There has been a server maintenance on Sunday, but I'm not aware of any maintenance that happened today. Do you still have the issue?
    Uplay Community Developer
    Facebook
    / Google+ / Support

Same here. Bougth Anno 2070 Collectors Edition today and cant even play it..... Do I really need to "crack" the game to actually enjoy what I paid for? :/

Edit: Cant go offline beacause I have to log in "at least once"... So - just cant play the game.
    Last edited by Pirax; 07-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

UM Yeah, I just bought assassins creed revelations and I can't even log in to Uplay. I says "A ubisoft service is unavailable." I would love to click the "go offline" box so I won't have to deal with this idiotic idea of a program. To do that, It says I am required to log in online at least once, which of course I CAN NOT DO because this program blows. What the hell. We already have steam, it is a great program, why the hell does Ubisoft have to add this worthless layer of ****? Just let us play the games we paid our MONEY for. Christ.

I dont want to use uPlay!

Banned
    I have no problems with using any kind of crappy malwarious DRM they introduce, but let me freaking use it at least!

I think they should just abandon uplay, their poor availability only encourages piracy. I feel like I totally wasted my money buying from this pathetic company.

Quote Originally Posted by Korchaa View Post
    The Uplay client is indeed needed to launch your game. However, if you wish so, you can set it up to always start offline by going in the Settings (the little cog next to your username in the top right) and ticking the "Always Start Offline" box.

NO! - If you are "catched up" by the WRONG UPLAY ERROR "passwort incorrect" and changed the password using the "recovery password" function, UPLAY forces to login "for first time login online". So it does not help ticking the "Always Start Offline" box.

So my questions are:

1. Why is a wrong error message displayed? - "password incorrect" instead of "service not available"

2. Why is there no indicator ANYWHERE for displaying uplay is available or not?

3. Do you expect your car is not starting the motor, because a ****ed DRM server is down?

4. Why does UBISOFT need a DRM on top of another DRM (Steam)?

OK, for me is buying UBISOFT games now a nogo. I don't need uplay, it gives no benefit for customers instead it only provides troubles to customers.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast