Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with saved games | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Same problem.

Last patch installed the day before yesterday.
    From the very beginning (two whole months) game just KILLS SAVES!!!! RANDOMLY!!!! It's a disaster!!! We are the "playing family" - so we usually save our hot seat game, and my son saves his Campaign, and my husband - his Campaign and me - my scenarios. It's really, really annoying every time to have to copy our saves at separate folder and than - again and again - paste them into the game back. It’s just crazy!!!
    And, after my men had heard about the dynasty weapon - we steadily save our games connected to the server and the game does the same thing. After my son and his cousin have played two hours the whole yesterday pack of saves was gone.
    Please, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 1. AND. It's not professional to release the game with such a basic bug. Besides, the thing with copying files to another folder (like I've discribed earlier doesn't work with the server saves)

Forgive me my english, it's not my native language
    Last edited by M.midmaf; 07-15-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am also unable to save.
    Ever since the patch, I have not able to save and then quit Uplay. I can save the file, and as long as I don't quit out of UPlay, I can access my save files. But if I close out of UPlay, the next time I load it up and it synchronizes again, I lose all my saved files. At this time I am only playing campaign and single player games, but all my saves are on-line and I have never switched to offline mode.

This basically means that I cannot play the game unless I want to play the same turns every day.

If it matters, I connect through Steam.

yesterday i played about 4 hours. And today all this progress is gone.

Is there any way to disable this synchronising feature? it not working properly.

Sry for my bad english.

Same here. I played the entire day yesterday and lost it all, all saves are from 7-16. Now I exited and retried and now all the saves are from 7-15!! I'm going back in time. And not just my saves either, auto saves as well.

This together with the day I lost between 1.5 and 1.5.1 means I lost like 2 days of play from the 4 since I've had the game.

Also, relogging just means that sometimes I get the save games from the 15th, sometimes from the 16th.

I'm sure the save games from the 17th are valid as I used them yesterday. Also the savegames from the 15th and 16th are just the same autosaves and saves just overwritten and a day apart! With the whole 15th and 16th thing I have no clue how to trust them anymore. This is refund material right here.

Also how has noone responded to this post yet, it's a week old. And the top stickies of this forum are in kiddy English. Are there even Ubisoft techs on here?

Hi,

really, its getting very annoying: i lose my savegames all the time. i started to play on normal and then all was ok , i deleted my savegames and now on hard everythime i save my old ones comes back
    then when i relog the good ones are back, how is this possible?
    i quit the game till all is solved (hope it was not waste of money)
    greetings
    Hammy

Thumbs up Ubisoft's Solution

Ubisoft has looked into the problem, and this is their solution, found at:

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15566/p/88,2333/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MjYyMTQ1NC9zaWQvMk9CNDhzMWw%3D

Please try removing the Ubisoft Game Launcher to resolve this issue.

- Open Control Panel and then Add/Remove Progs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/7).

- Uninstall Ubisoft Game Launcher.

- Open Computer, right click on the game DVD and select Open.

- Open the Support folder and run the UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller0255 application.

Just thought I should let everyone know, that THIS DOES NOT WORK!

Thank you Ubisoft for being useless
    Have a nice day
    Last edited by NeilRS; 07-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.

I think I may have found one solution to this problem. Just unsynchronize the save games from the uplay cloud.

What you do is go to the settings in uplay (the little gear in the top right) and unselect the box labeled "synchronize with cloud".

Disabling the cloud means that the saves will only be stored on your current computer. But after I did this none of my saved games disappeared anymore, although this didn't bring back any of my lost saves. At least it allows me to continue playing the game now.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you can still play in online mode when you do this. It just stores the saves on your computer instead of the uplay servers.
    Last edited by Shaggy18707; 07-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.

THANK YOU! This definitely works.
    I thought for a second that I had just thrown my money down the toilet buying this game.

Thank you! This is the best possible solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy18707 View Post
    I think I may have found one solution to this problem. Just unsynchronize the save games from the uplay cloud.

What you do is go to the settings in uplay (the little gear in the top right) and unselect the box labeled "synchronize with cloud".

Disabling the cloud means that the saves will only be stored on your current computer. But after I did this none of my saved games disappeared anymore, although this didn't bring back any of my lost saves. At least it allows me to continue playing the game now.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you can still play in online mode when you do this. It just stores the saves on your computer instead of the uplay servers.
    This worked for me and in fact allowed me access to my previous saved games. I was sure that I had lost my 3-4 hours worth of game play but disabling the Cloud synch made them reappear in my list. My problem was twofold:

1. I had this problem when I saved my game by overwriting an existing saved game slot while still keeping the same name. The game would save as normal, but the next time I would started up Heroes again it would still have the old saved version with the old data. Nothing I did in the previous session would actually be saved. I'm fairly certain that this is an issue with the Cloud synch caused by patch 1.5 since these saved game slots that I'm using pre-dated the installation of patch 1.5.

2. Now for the the big problem. Since patch 1.5 and 1.5.1 I am no longer able to create new saved game slots, or rather I CAN create them but when I exit and then attempt to start up Heroes VI again I get the Black Screen which totally hangs my PC. At this point I'm forced to use the Task Manager to kill Heroes. Once I start it up again the new saved game slots are gone.

Disabling the Cloud synch is definitely the way to go. I can now save my games to old or new slots and I don't get the dreaded Black Screen anymore.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Cheech68; 07-20-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar. Yes I actually care about these things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast