Thread: Will ACIII support windows XP? | Forums

  1. #1

    Will ACIII support windows XP?

    Please say it will
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Luckily for you the AC games have always been pretty basic ports running in directx 9

    uPlay also still supports Windows XP so i don't see any problems

    As long as Ubi keeps giving everyone basic ports they will continue to work ok with XP
    Share this post

  3. #3
    oliacr's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,253
    I don't think AC III - Ubi support XP anymore...
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    EMEA CRC
    Posts
    21,898
    Originally Posted by iNvidious02 Go to original post
    Luckily for you the AC games have always been pretty basic ports running in directx 9

    uPlay also still supports Windows XP so i don't see any problems

    As long as Ubi keeps giving everyone basic ports they will continue to work ok with XP
    I wouldn't assume anything..


    People assumed Ghost Recon Future Soldier would - and it does not..


    They used DX11 - which is only supported by Vista and Windows 7..


    There is a patch coming for GRFS - but no one can be sure the same would happen for ACII


    Best wait and see what the published requirements are before you buy.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,271
    Windows XP on a modern gaming PC? Dont make me laugh.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    EMEA CRC
    Posts
    21,898
    Originally Posted by Anykeyer Go to original post
    Windows XP on a modern gaming PC? Dont make me laugh.
    You would be surprised.

    Some people opt to have it installed

    So lets not start a 'My OS is better than yours'
    Share this post

  7. #7
    lonewarrior30's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    403
    Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    You would be surprised.

    Some people opt to have it installed

    So lets not start a 'My OS is better than yours'
    my OS IS better than yours
    Share this post