Thread: once again.. old school request.. plz ubi... | Forums

once again.. old school request.. plz ubi...

plz stay true to the roots of old rainbow six games.

I'll do the single player once maybe 2 time... but my focus is for multiplayer. I remember those 4-5 hour long 5vs5 game in rogue spear or raven shield where when you die you stay dead for the rest of the round no frenetic respawn... you had to wait for the last 4min of the round, thinking about your mistake, watching your teamates survive or turning the tide by a well placed frag... ohhh the memories...

Laying down a heartbeat sensor in middle of the stair wich when he picked a ennemies it showed on the minimap of all your team, equipping THE PDW and one shotting everyone.
    Realistic bullet damage plz... AND no health regen in my opinion health regen have no place in what have always and still should be a FPS simulator.

That's what rainbow six series are: a simulation
    no 3rd person view
    no health regen
    one bullet in the head mean your death
    Peeking/leaning around a corner
    oh and ... a banhammer for the cheater.

and some kind of lobby while waiting for a clanladder match... you could chat with the community

Stryfe_SR aka Izzy aka .Oz. aka Izrion
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Izrion View Post

I'll do the single player once maybe 2 time... but my focus is for multiplayer. I remember those 4-5 hour long 5vs5 game in rogue spear or raven shield where when you die you stay dead for the rest of the round no frenetic respawn... you had to wait for the last 4min of the round, thinking about your mistake, watching your teamates survive or turning the tide by a well placed frag... ohhh the memories...

Laying down a heartbeat sensor in middle of the stair wich when he picked a ennemies it showed on the minimap of all your team, equipping THE PDW and one shotting everyone.
    Realistic bullet damage plz... AND no health regen in my opinion health regen have no place in what have always and still should be a FPS simulator.

no 3rd person view
    no health regen

and some kind of lobby while waiting for a clanladder match... you could chat with the community

Begging Ubi Soft to stay true to its roots for the umpteenth time is fruitless. We can see that it got us nowhere with Future Soldier despite five years of request after request from its real fans to return Ghost Recon to its original form, so what makes you think that it will work with Patriots? We've said all that needs to be said and we'll see if it actually made a lick of difference when they have something to show, however unlikely.
    Last edited by Dcopymope; 07-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izrion View Post

no 3rd person view
    no health regen

Wonderfully stated - my friend.

What i honestly don´t understand is one thing:
    Ubi is all in regarding Facebook, Twitter, socializing and communication.

So, why did they eliminate the most social thing from their games (GRFS, GRO to name a few), the server browser ?
    Instead we now have matchmaking and i´m pretty sure that R6P won´t have searchable user lobbies too.

Socom on PS2 had way better online features than almost every actual shooter out there (on console).

I hate to say it because I loved the original game. UBI killed Rainbow Six when they took over. The lack of team selection and planning is only the tip of the iceburg with what they have done.

The old days are over, nobody at UBI is interested in what we think as they know they will make a fat packet of cash from the consoles. The PC players will be left with yet another broken port and will have to pay for the frustration of effectively alpha/beta testing the game at full market rates before UBI just brush them aside again and leave us with another unsupported none functioning game.

They completely destroyed Future soldier, released as another ported corridor map game with no team selection, no planning and no strategy.
    Lets not forget that we have been waiting now for 5 years for the match making in Vegas 2 to be fixed let alone the myriad of other faults with the game and there is still no coms from UBI or release date for the still required fixes for that game. after the abortion that is Future soldier we can only expect to see the same level lack of respect for us in Patriots. I honestly hope that people will vote with their wallets on this one as we should have done in June with FS and not pay UBI to insult us with yet another failure. I would rather the game not be released on PC than be subjected to the insult and lack of customer respect as has been the case sinse UBI took over both franchises.

I think the rules should be that if there is no Alpha/Beta for this game on pc to ensure the stability and that our requests are taken into account then we should simply not buy the game. There are so many people that are unhappy with the way we are treated that there must be enough of us to make a point.

Lets get people involved and agree to keep our money unless we are taken note of.

Thats is not all I have to say on the matter but to be honest, what can I say that has not been said and ignored 100 times before?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die.

Goblingee

Twitter
    @goblingee

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/goblingee

If you are looking for old school games like the classic R6 & GR, check out these projects:

http://www.serellan.com/

http://groundbranch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by deosl View Post
    If you are looking for old school games like the classic R6 & GR, check out these projects:

http://www.serellan.com/

http://groundbranch.com/
    Unfortunately, the kickstarter for Ground Branch has failed, so if this game does manage to get made it won't be anytime soon. I guess the main reason why it failed was because there was no guarantee of it being released on the consoles, only a consideration. It seems that most people interested in these kinds of games put all their money into Takedown instead with very little to give to Ground Branch, but at least we have Takedown and should it be a success, I'm sure it will encourage more developers to make their own games like it.
    Last edited by Dcopymope; 07-14-2012 at 09:25 PM.