Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are we still calling this lag? | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DegenesisRein View Post
    Your all talking about this:
    Once you hit that 45 degree angle while in cover your gun stops shooting and your character readjusts then once you sweep past it, you continue to fire again.
    No, this is not it at all.
    There is no peeking or movement involved when it occurs.

For example, you will be taking cover against the wall there, and shooting parallel to the wall. Without moving the mouse in any way that makes you look anywhere other than parallel to the wall, the gun will drop. Typically for me it occurs when I am tracking someone who runs past me. So if I am at that wall, taking cover against it in the middle (not at the edge) and an enemy runs past the reddish iron stuff infront of me, towards the yellow machinery to the right. I will open fire on him as he is running past the reddish stack and passes in front of me (so I am shooting parallel with the wall, and I'm positioned in the middle of the wall, not near the edge/corner), the gun will stop shooting and drop before raising again an instant later and resuming fire. This is usually enough time for the guy I just shot to turn, get a fix on me, and cut me down. If there is any movement of the mouse at all, it would be to track the guy as he runs towards the yellow machinery.

Now, if I were to stop taking cover against the wall while firing on him, it doesn't seem to happen. But I can't say for certain if that is the cause of it or not because it does not happen frequently. It happens just infrequently enough to be incredibly frustrating.

edit: or maybe that is what's happening to you in the video there but the smg has such high handling it's coming up quickly enough. If that is the case, with an AR it takes about a 1/2 second for the gun to re-set in the ready position. But when it happens to me, it is not because I am looking around a corner at all. I will be parallel with the cover the entire time and it will drop.
    Last edited by LiquidX74; 07-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DegenesisRein View Post
    Your all talking about this:

Once you hit that 45 degree angle while in cover your gun stops shooting and your character readjusts then once you sweep past it, you continue to fire again.
    I'm absolutely NOT talking about that. I've been here since the first day of phase 1, 30 spec/20 assault/20 recon, I understand cover and how it affects movement and when it will and won't block your ability to fire. What I'm speaking of is the cessation of gunfire when it should continue to fire, since it occurs when nowhere near cover. It's a bug, it's a nasty one, and hopefully it will be fixed.

I have yet to experience any sort of bug that cause's my gun to cease firing outside of cover.

Be interesting if we can find some documentation (video) of it.

Edit: Well that is with the exception to being out of cover and getting to close to a wall / object that would cause my character to pull their weapon up for being too close. Like you'll be strafing and get to close to a pole underneath a catwalk and your character pulls up the weapon giving your opponent the time he needs to draw a bead on you.

Yeah that's happened but I don't considering it a bug.
    Last edited by DegenesisRein; 07-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.

I could post a video that would look just like it, all I'd have to do is let go of the trigger.

Creep, exact same thing happens to me, but usually using an assault rifle. I haven't experienced it nearly as much while in cover as just waking (crouched and .. for lack of a better term ..erect). I hope there is some kind of topical cream for that. Pre-firing all of the time sucks.

Shooting over railings needs to be fixed too. Sometimes my character has a seizure trying to fire over a railing to a point >than ~ -50° from horizontal (below).
    Picture, if you will, a map where the attackers have to cap an objective, lets call it C, where they are spawned at a location that requires them to run down one of two elevated columnar stair cases... with railings. If there is someone at the bottom trying to kill you. .. good luck with the railings.
    peak over.. half way. but no, retract. then peak over but don't fire. and retract. over and over.
    Last edited by schulznfels; 07-22-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Uplay IGN: schulznfels
    Ghost Recon Online IGN: neg273C
    Absolute zero = -273.15°C or −459.67°F or 0 K

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234