Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Fairbairne Sykes returning? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Sam's Fairbairne Sykes returning?

Is it possible that in Blacklist you could purchase and upgrade a variety of different Combat Knives? Perhaps you could purchase Sam's Faibairne from CT and DA? Hopefully this is possible but it's just and idea I had.
    Splinter Cell FOREVER

My DeviantART
    ಠ_ಠ

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

not gonna happen unless he wields every knife like the karambit ( simply because they're not gonna do entirely new animations for another type of knife)

I am not sure. Do they really need new animations for other knifes? I thought you could to the same with Sam's old knife too.

Quote Originally Posted by Om4zd View Post
    Is it possible that in Blacklist you could purchase and upgrade a variety of different Combat Knives? Perhaps you could purchase Sam's Faibairne from CT and DA? Hopefully this is possible but it's just and idea I had.
    lol, ya know... Fisher used the fairbarne sykes knife only in books.
    http://www.upload-pictures.de/bild.php/35229,pureghostplayermini2SJII7.png
    If you're looking something different from Splinter Cell videos, (last my project was called Tactical Espionage from Chaos Theory - advanced ghost style), visit my fansite channel at this address: http://www.youtube.com/user/jaruto7?feature=mhee

Our ideas should serve as an inspiration for Ubisoft Toronto with new and innovative features in the right direction for next SC games: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...e-in-Blacklist

Would've been cool, but I think no. The karambit, since it is hooked, has some unique animations and usage opportunities, which is lost on the fairbarn-sykes. Also, that would mess up the flow of interrigations etc where he uses the knife, because they're probably animated in a certain way because of the curved blade...

at least that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JaRuTo View Post
    lol, ya know... Fisher used the fairbarne sykes knife only in books.
    lol yeah sorry didn't think about that. Maybe Ben Hansen will be recruited into 4E since he suddenly left in Conviction's Prologue, and give Sam his knife back?
    Splinter Cell FOREVER

My DeviantART
    ಠ_ಠ

3 homes in 3 different countries. I split the time between them.
    I don't see why they wouldn't offer this. No need for new animations...just a customization option.

Different animations would be amazing, but I think it's asking way too much. Regardless... different knives would be cool. Nice idea OP.

Quote Originally Posted by mudsak View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't offer this. No need for new animations...just a customization option.
    I'm not sure if you understand, but unless Sam wields each knife like the Karambit as in like a reversed grip, the Karambit animations cannot be used.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSeeBaer View Post
    I'm not sure if you understand, but unless Sam wields each knife like the Karambit as in like a reversed grip, the Karambit animations cannot be used.
    How about not changing the animation of Sam using the Karambit or any knife and just change the position of the knife? or example Sam holds his Fairbairn vertically up when stabbing someone who is on the ground?
    Splinter Cell FOREVER

My DeviantART
    ಠ_ಠ

I'm not sure completely without seeing it but I have a feeling it may look awkward/strange. Who knows though? I do hope we can unlock the CT/DA knife though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast