Thread: No CD key included with game...NOW WHAT? | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Angry No CD key included with game...NOW WHAT?

When I purchased this game, I had researched for months to decide precisely what game I wanted. I chose Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I even bought a new computer so I had a machine with the guts to run it properly. I played the game for a month offline ( without any intention of playing it online EVER ), then a couple of days ago, Uplay updated and wanted a CD key. Not being a kid, I kept everything that came with the game. A CD key was not among that. Now I'm informed that I cannot even play the game ON MY OWN COMPUTER without it. Want to know how to anger a VETERAN? Tell him he can't do something. Being a disabled VET, I'm not exactly made of money. And now they'll probably tell me I have to purchase ANOTHER CD key, when I never got one in the first place! I'm not a kid, I'm a freaking grandfather and I know how to get things done. Just a warning to those who are considering ANY of these games. As long as they insist on using this intrusive, ABUSIVE software to "manage" your gameplay, you aren't going to be happy. I'd let them know about it as I just have.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

if you did play game offline its strange that you did manged to install the game in first place becase of the cd-key. i have all the assassin creed games whit cd-keys + the manuals thats have the cd-key on it. cant understand how you did manged too play this game in the first place

take it up with the place you purchased from

In a meantime since u do not intend to play ACB online u can just make a shortcut to ACBSP.exe, then open shortcuts properties and in "object" field add (after space) -playoffline so it will look like this
    "c:\folder\acbsp.exe" -playoffline
    This will totally bypass Uplay, but still consider contacting a store you purchased a game from.
    You sure, you're right? Well no, you're wrong. You don't feel my energy. But it won't be long

Hi There,

There has been a play update - version 2.1 to correct some issues - so please make sure you are connected to the internet when you start Uplay.

If you run the game via Steam - you should be able to launch the game via the steam menu.

If you normally access it via a steam shortcut - please remake it via the Steam library and right clicking the game.

If none of those suggestions work - please contact Ubisoft support

be aware that the serial code is the activationcode, also you have type i exactly the same as you got it in your email. so with capital letters and special characters.

*it