Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Thinking of buying a new guitar: Any I should try out? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Quote Originally Posted by Boldoza View Post
    Yeah, I should clarify. That's assuming it's going to need a fret level, crown and polish. Cheap guitars almost never have level frets. That's $150, or more if you get it Plek'ed. Another $50 for a basic setup, though a lot of shops will throw that in with a new guitar.
    which is why higher end guitars cost a little more. That doesn't mean you won't find cheaper guitars that have level frets, it's just that the quality assurance on them isn't going to make sure that there is consistency among guitars.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker View Post
    which is why higher end guitars cost a little more. That doesn't mean you won't find cheaper guitars that have level frets, it's just that the quality assurance on them isn't going to make sure that there is consistency among guitars.
    That's the way it SHOULD be with higher end guitars. Unfortunately, the big boys have been slipping a lot. Check the web, lots of complaints about $3k Custom Shop guitars needing fret work and other things. This is why I would never buy a high dollar guitar from a big company without touching it and inspecting every inch of it first. Guitars that come off assembly lines invariably will be of mixed quality. You can get a gem of a Squire Affinity, and you can get a lemon. Same goes for any make and model. IMO, pretty much the only way to guarantee a perfect guitar is to go with a well known luthier. Their name and reputation depends on them producing a high quality instrument that is ready to go when it gets in the customer's hands.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678