Thread: Happy july 4th (aka: Independence day) | Forums

Happy july 4th (aka: Independence day)

It's that simple.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

A happy day for all Americans. We Canadians celebrated ours on Sunday, but still. It always sounds like a war zone outside so it's good to play SH-4 to. Happy Independence Day folks!!!!

"Just because we sank one of em doesn't mean the wars over, keep hunting"

Hope you all enjoyed the fireworks, thankfully my wife has gone to bed...

Thank you Wern. A happy 4th to you too. And we have an added celebration this time with the return of Wolferz.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

We celebrate because the indigenous peoples didn't have an illegal imigration policy. That's what we all are, technically.
    Chris Rock hit the nail on the head with his remark about it. Which sent the PC ninnies into an uproar.
    ...---.../...---...

Proud to be an Amoosican: Frostbite Falls is a cool place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
    We celebrate because the indigenous peoples didn't have an illegal imigration policy. That's what we all are, technically.
    Chris Rock hit the nail on the head with his remark about it. Which sent the PC ninnies into an uproar.
    I didn't see that one. I like Bill Murray's remark in the movie "Stripes." "Our ancestors were kicked out of every decent country of the world. We are all mutts. We are the mutts of the world."
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

Quote Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
    I didn't see that one. I like Bill Murray's remark in the movie "Stripes." "Our ancestors were kicked out of every decent country of the world. We are all mutts. We are the mutts of the world."
    LOL so are we Aussies - that's why we get along so well with you guys. Australia started off as a convict settlement after they had to stop sending them your way as I understand it. We still haven't gained our Independence but we do celebrate the arrival of the 1st Fleet on 26 Jan as Australia Day when a lot of our migrants are granted their citizenship.

Happy 4th of July to you all from downunder.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The aggressive insistence on the worth and unique importance of the common man seems to me to be one of the fundamental Australian characteristics - Hartley Grattan Experience is the art of not making the same mistake too many times.

A belated happy 4th. Had big celebration with friends. Incidentally, it's a double celebration for my family. On 4 July 1986, I went to an ACLU singles picnic at Pacific Palisades Park and met my future wife. We married a little over 3 years later and now have two daughters - one in college and one in HS.

Eventually parted company with the ACLU, btw. There were a few political differences, including the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. The Supreme Court now agrees with me...
    The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. -- Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by paulhager View Post
    ...Eventually parted company with the ACLU, btw. There were a few political differences, including the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. The Supreme Court now agrees with me...
    I've always been more inclined to the ACLJ.

http://aclj.org/

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)