Thread: Silent Hunter 5 Crashing | Forums

Silent Hunter 5 Crashing

Hi, I just bought the game yesterday and have not been able to start a campaign because of the game crashing.I have tried launching normally and in safe mode both to no avail.
    Every time i start a campaign i crash right after it stops loading,I see a brief picture of someone and the inside of the submarine i assume and then i get the error message that says the game has stopped responding.This is the information that is the message.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: SH5.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4bce9a96
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
    Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.4974
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b7a226f
    Exception Offset: 0006ccb5
    Exception Code: c0000417
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 8536
    Additional Information 2: 85369f9db224dd29dbdfe89e744d3e3b
    Additional Information 3: d62c
    Additional Information 4: d62c78b2d49a5f0933fb9853b9c03b8f

I'm running windows 7 64bit,8 Gb of ram,AMD quad core processor,and a radeon 6970.
    I just updated the drivers in an attempt to see if that could be the problem and it did not fix it.

I would really appreciate some help in getting the game to function.Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Update I have fixed the problem after doing some more searching.I solved the problem by uninstalling
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4974.Thanks this thread can be deleted or kept here for future help to others.

Thanks for posting what you needed to do to get SH5 working FootInAss.

Your post will be kept so others who have the same problem will be able to see your solution.

Thanks again for posting what you did.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

I also have the same problem

Ok so i bought silent hunter 5 gold edition from gamestop app and i played it pretty good for a little while when all of a sudden it crashes, i tried everything to resolve the problem but in the end i ended up buying another copy and deleting everything from gamestop. I now downloaded it through steam and once again the problem exists. Also, i do not have the that C++ file so i really do not know what to do to resolve this problem. Thanks

Hello Broken247,

Do you have SH5 loaded on a desktop or laptop computer?

You could try contacting Ubi Support and see what they have to say.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual