Thread: Horse Colors and Appearance | Forums

Horse Colors and Appearance

First I would like to state that I am no expert on horses or their colors this is just my experience with Horse Saga and google. I have worked feverishly to unlock the dun color for my saddlebreds. The reason I done so was because in Horse Saga it was my favorite color. I finally got there today and I must say I was very disappointed. The dun color in Horse Saga,even if you google it, shows black markings on the legs. You can see 2 examples at the following links: http://ilovehorsies.files.wordpress....12/04/dun1.jpg and http://www.equine-world.co.uk/about_...7312XSmall.jpg

It would be great to at least have some black stockings/socks since the dun in this game is just a light tannish color, so that I can try and replicate the colorings in those links. I would also love for the horses to look different. Right now I cant tell a difference between the breeds they all look the same just different colors. I know that may be difficult because of the cross breeding that we do but maybe the foal can have the breed characteristics of the horse that was the primary horse that you used for breeding. Another thing that I have suggested in the past, and Im sure others have as well, is that we desperately need a way to sell horses before they retire. Right now I have 2 horses that Im going to have to age up close to 70 before I can get rid of them. I do not want to train them, race them, spend energy, and treats on them just to get rid of them. When I have to do this in order to get rid of a horse it feels like a chore and not a game. When a game starts to feel like that I lose interest and play it less and less until I forget about it and move on.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I agree, it's the same with Bay. By definition, bay horses have black points, as do anything with a bay base colour (dun, buckskin, amber champagne, etc). It's always bothered me that the horses labelled "bay" and "dun" and don't have the proper colouring.

Excellent suggestions! Passing them on!

Can we please add dorsal stripes and leg barring to duns too? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Broodmare View Post
    Can we please add dorsal stripes and leg barring to duns too? >_>
    We can always ask!

Lightbulb Coat and Mane colors!

there should seriously be better colors starters too! like why was there no white? Its a very common color in most horses! There should also be different builds. draft horses are built differently than say a thourough bred or a quarter im just suggesting you make it a bit more developed or detailed! just because its a free bowser based game doesnt mean you should half do it come on Ubisoft peoples

Like Like Like

These are all great suggestions that I totally agree with, I was disappointed with the dun colouring after I worked my butt off to unlock it, as they are one of my favorites. Id love to see some Clydesdale's or Shires, even if they cant compete.

As a future content expansion I'd like to see a new type of horse to be the level above appaloosa - unicorn. The unicorn's unlockable genetics would include base colors of: pink, purple, blue, and green. Feathered legs would also be appropriate for this if they are being done for clydesdales or shires anyway.

Brindle would be an awesome pattern to have, though I suspect it wouldn't work with the game's current code because it's never white, and markings only seem to come in white.

There's always "reverse brindle" or "white brindle", as seen on the Thoroughbred Catch a Bird: http://www.whitehorseproductions.com...catchabird.jpg or the Brazilian Warmblood Natal: http://winterheavenfarm.com/WHFsales/natal/2006ad.html