Thread: Harmonics Challenge/Tutorials my Axe | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Harmonics Challenge/Tutorials my Axe

Harmonics challenge has been my hold out for this achievement for the last two months. I finally had to 'trick' my xbox by playin the 7th harmonic on the nineteenth fret and the fifth harmonic directly over the screws on the neck humbucker... right around where the twenty-third fret would be if a Les Paul went that high. Set-up and Intonation on the guitar was perfect and through an amp I can play the harmonic on the Fifth fret sharp and clean, but the game is super sensitive re: fifth harmonic IMHO. If you are having trouble with this technique challenge I hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

5th fret harmonic = 2 octaves above the open string = 24th fret (if available)

Quote Originally Posted by klassenr. View Post
    Harmonics challenge has been my hold out for this achievement for the last two months. I finally had to 'trick' my xbox by playin the 7th harmonic on the nineteenth fret and the fifth harmonic directly over the screws on the neck humbucker... right around where the twenty-third fret would be if a Les Paul went that high. Set-up and Intonation on the guitar was perfect and through an amp I can play the harmonic on the Fifth fret sharp and clean, but the game is super sensitive re: fifth harmonic IMHO. If you are having trouble with this technique challenge I hope this helps.
    There is a strategy to this it would have been a lot easier if you tried this method I am about to tell you.

First write it down as you go, the timer starts but the bomb will not set to explode till the first harmonic is struck. Therefore the higher you go write them down. Since all harmonics are on the 7th fret I just write down a number sequence 1 through 6. 1 being red 2 yellow 3. blue 4. Orange 5. Green 6. Purple. The KEY is to play the harmonic and then mute the harmonic immediately before playing the second harmonic and keep doing this between harmonics. So note, mute, note, mute, note, mute..etc.. you get the idea. Anyways if you try this it works amazing better than your method you just described. give it a try.

I am speaking of the Technique Challenge. I believe you are speaking of the Mini-Game, but thanks for that tip anyway.