Thread: Game Resets everything, again. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Game Resets everything, again.

Okay, I'm done. My Splinter Cell Convictions saved game data has been reseted for the 4th time. Meaning that everything I have ever done in the game is gone. So my weapons and upgrades are reseted all the way to scene selection in the single player game. Tech support is useless, tried 2 times and each time I got a useless answer. I know how to possibly try and restore older game save entry, but it didn't work so I know there isn't any other way anymore.

First time I lost the data because of the online save thing, (game crashed while it was saving on a checkpoint). So ok, while that felt unfair that I lost everything to something simple as game crash I can accept that and kinda blame myself for it. But the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time were ubisofts doing. One day I logged in while the server was offline and and bang, lost all data again, then came some patch which did the same (note I have so far played 3 times now the game trough unlocking the in-game content) and now this, the ''Uplay upgrade''. Now I just today logged in and noticed the updated uplay window, kinda cool, I don't personally care for it, but now I logged in the game and guess what...yup, all data lost again.

Not gonna contact support anymore since you never get a decent answer there, even though I have writen them detailed explanation what was my problem. Okay, the 2nd answer from them was kinda sad to read ''We are sorry, there is nothing we or you can do to restore the data'', not word to word, but the point is, it's horrible to read something like that. They said they will forward my problem to ''higher ups'' to let them know about the problem so it could be possibly be avoided in the future by me, and the other users.
    I'm done with anything that has Ubisoft logo on it, at least for the PC. I'll stick to my PS3 when it comes to ubisoft games from now on. Sony has standards, at least the data stays intact. The latest ghost recon online lag reminds me of SC Conviction, I guess you dropped the ball with the tech-team or whatever :(

Each time I lost the data I tried everything ubisoft has ever recomended to do in the support section, heck I even searched via internet to try and find other methods to solve my problem, but no luck with that.

Thanks for reading my cry post, but with all my years of playing different games on different systems, this one stands out...in a negative way. And I strongly felt that I should post ''just for the record'' before I walk away from this.

- Rock
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-103 View Post
    Now I just today logged in and noticed the updated uplay window, kinda cool, I don't personally care for it, but now I logged in the game and guess what...yup, all data lost again.
    I have the same issue. It looks like the new Uplay launcher creates new savegame folder and couldn't get saves from old savegame folder automatically. So you should move your savegames manually!

Which OS do you have? I have Win 7 64 bit, so I copy paste my savegames from this folder
    Code:
    c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage\[username]\2\
    to this folder
    Code:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[username]\2\
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock-103 View Post
    One day I logged in while the server was offline and and bang, lost all data again...
    Yeap, they ruined offline mode for SC:Conviction.

P.S: I made few tests with new Uplay launcher, it looks like they fixed Conviction offline mode.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 07-05-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote