Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lost save games after uplay update ?! | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I have 148 files in my savegames directory(!?) Turning off cloud saves and playing around with these shows that only the ones numbered 1-10 and 321-330 will show up in the load screen. These correspond to 10 regular save games and 10 autosaves. The games I *want* to load (based on file date for the .save file) are numbered 51-60. I tried renaming these (and the corresponding .metadata files) to 1-10 to see if that would make them show up in the load screen but no go. Seems there's something in the save file or more likely in the metadata file that is incorrect. Note that uplay cloud saves (before I turned that crap off) kept updating all my metadata files so the dates did *NOT* match the dates on the file. My guess is that uplay cloud saves screwed up all the meta data for my most recent saves and, since it's some binary format, I don't know how to create a good metadata file to match my file save and therefore can not load it.

Looks like I'm stuck with the 1-10 files. At least I only lost about 5 hours of playtime that I'll have to redo but I'm afraid that this will happen to me again... Before I invest any more time in this game, has anyone that turned OFF cloud saves had any issues with losing save games?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

wow, wow, wow! this game got serious problems! First it takes ages to make it actually run. In most cases I just get a black screen with the circling windows-thing. and then im on the main menu and want to load my last save game and what do i see? Savegames that stop about 2 hours before i finished playing (and i explicitely saved a custom named game before quitting!!). Now i've been stuck in a cycle of crashing games and finding out "still only the old savegames". what i tried then was launching the game in "save mode" (you can chose that next to the big "play now" (or so) button. still only the old savegames. quit, restart in save mode. then i was in the main menu but had no conflux connection. then i reconnected to conflux and guess what...my savegames are back?! WTF!? I mean i am very happy, but what's wrong with this game, i cant try to go on playing for 2 hours every day....thats actually the time I HAVE to play, as i'm working...

anyways - no idea if i just was lucky there or if i did something right to fix the problem...but it definitely cant be that so many persons have issues with the game and there's not even a statement about the savegames from ubi. I mean - I buy the game and then THIS happens?

good luck for all you guys who're still missing savegames...hope you'll also get them back! Maybe disconnecting and re-connecting from conflux in main menu was the key...i don't know :-/

Quote Originally Posted by McBooBoo1 View Post
    This worked for me as well....for a while. Today I start the game and see old saves, quit to desktop, wait for uplay to sync to (from?) cloud, start game, get *newer* saves but not the newest ones. Tried to lather rinse repeat but they don't get any newer. I've lost HOURS of play. As much as I like the game, I do NOT want to play hours worth of missions I've already played. This is *infuriating*. If I can get my game progress back, I'm going to turn off the cloud saving. I don't need it anyway; I only play this game on one computer so cloud saves are useless for me.

Anyway, beware. Eventually this will probably no longer work for you and you'll also lose hours of progress. I can not believe that something so critical (and trivial) such as this is broken so badly.
    Yea this has been my situation from the start. I what seems to work for everyone else and i just get newer games, but always seem to be missing hours of game saves. It really sucks because it is hours to makup for the missing saves, and when I start the next day I'm missing hours of play from the previous days >

The way the new launcher handles saved games has reached fiasco status. It is utterly and completely broken. Whoever was responsible for testing this before it was forcibly imposed on Ubi customers should be fired.

The only thing that works for me is turning off cloud synching. I lost about 90 minutes of progress, which none of the fixes I saw anywhere in this forum could bring back. I would load and my most recent save would be from 6/29. I would quit, let it synch, and that would get me back to 7/4, but not to the additional progress I had made on 7/5.

I have now switched to having no cloud synching. Since then, it's been fine. I suggest everyone do the same... before it's too late and you wake to find your previous day's progress gone.

Thats WEIRD! I could actually reproduce my strange procedure today. Logging into the game - savegames from 2 days gone, can only see a game from saturday or so. Anyways I didn't load a game, just quit back to the ubi launcher window. launched the game again and in the heroes-main manue it said "disconnected from conflux". when i pressed the connect button, it took some time to connect and savegames were back. HOW strange ist that?!?

After upgrade to 1.5 saved games cannot be loaded. Instead game crashes and goes to desktop! Please do something!

Slack Gaming Companies

Why is it that no gaming company seems to be able to release a game that actually does what its supposed to, bugs everywhere in this uplay syncing, why does everyone have to be connected, may be some of us buy a solo player game to play solo, so why the **** do we need to store our save games in the cloud, we have hard drives to do that for us.
    Its so off putting that you have to start campaigns from scratch so often, I was put off by Ubisoft slack gaming 10 years ago and thought I'd give them another chance with this but nothing has improved in the last 10 years, they are still as useless as they have always been.
    It'll be at least another 10 years before I bother trying again, ubi you failures.

? hmmm. ARE U INSANE!!!!

WHY do you still have add on content refering to your Pirates content for Heroes6 when you idiots have not even fixed your sync yet and if you have and everywhere I have looked on the net just hasnt had it I honestly appologize. STOP SELLING DLC AND YOUR FUNKY GAMES! YOU SHOULD BE SUED FOR EVEN HAVING GAMES FOR SALE UP IN THE STEAM STORE. Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by UBISUX33 View Post
    WHY do you still have add on content refering to your Pirates content for Heroes6 when you idiots have not even fixed your sync yet and if you have and everywhere I have looked on the net just hasnt had it I honestly appologize. STOP SELLING DLC AND YOUR FUNKY GAMES! YOU SHOULD BE SUED FOR EVEN HAVING GAMES FOR SALE UP IN THE STEAM STORE. Idiots.
    Please be more respectful instead of name-calling.

That being said, I'm sad to report I have the same problem. After 1.5.2, my game wouldn't run without the Cloud Sync enabled (game crashed the second I cliked Play game), but now that it's enabled again it's back to my old saves... I've lost many hours of gameplay because of the new patch and I'm honestly getting tired of patches making what was supposed to be enjoyment turn into yet another disappointment.

You guys really need to get your act together. This is not working. You simply can't treat your customers like this in this day and age.

U are correct sir/mam

The Mouth can and does lead to destruction, the reason I don't speak outloud at the moment. I checked on STEAM and it has a new update but come on guys you say that campain progress can be saved and yes that is no problem in starting a game but fella it has been that way since you screwed it up in the first place?! I have lost no progress in a game being lost on the campain map or my level. BUT Fella Have you ever played Heroes6? Play it for a few hours and tell me that you dont want to save a game that can take quite a long time and come back to it another time? It is no fun to start a game and not be able to leave it and come back at your convenience. HEROES is a great game but it is a very time consuming game. Again in my mail I said that I would appologize if I did not find a fix that was there, I do appologize for calling you idiots. Kind of? I am sorry for posting it lets leave it at that. It comes down to money? You have a nice advertisement for your DLC when you start Heroes6 now? WHY?! Answer the question? Is it money? Has the human condition spread so far though this world that a few million is more important than customer satisfaction. Human condition=ME!,ME!,ME!. We are in trouble and it is numbing not even sad anymore. LVGD and God bless you.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast