After the uplay have been patched I cannot start Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
It says Unable to start the game.Until last night it was working fine...
What do i do.I tried to start the game from Steam and the same problem...
Does Ubisoft do something right?Don't think so...
I got it working at 2.50AM AEST (GMT+10) , I deleted several exe files in the game directory , steam re loaded them and uplay now works and picks up the game
All I wanted was an offline game. Seems you cant play anything offline anymore and when you finally get the game to run the developers release a bogus patch and you cant play your game any more I love how we are just stuck with what they give us anymore. Please Don't fix anything just put it back the way it was. For the love of god PUT IT BACK!!!
I think that people like you, who cant open his eyes shouldnt even be allowed to play games.
Originally Posted by Dgscherr
Ok, Ubi, just in case u really are intrested in feedback, here's mine so far
1. I like new UI, its much more streamlined now
2. Its nice we finally got some form of text communication for games like AC Revelations
3. Its also good that u made an overlay
4. friend list is actually shared between AC Revelatiosn (maybe other recent games) and Uplay, I dont have to re-add everyone again
1. ability to manage cloud saves with some kind of UI. sometimes I want a fresh start and need to wipe all save games for specific title. as of now its really hard to get rid of "options" save (usually "1.save" file)
2. sound notifications when u recieve messages, overlay popup should also unclude a hint that u need to press shift+F2 to answer because some users can be confused
3. offline messages (some sort of inbox)
4. chat groups
5. better overlay, right now it uses too much space for rewards/action and not enough for more usefull stuff like chat box and friend list
6. friend list should show current activity, at least display a name of uplay-enabled game currently played
7. double click on a friend should start a chat, right now single click just opens a menu while double click does nothing
Lost functionalty I really want to be back
1. offline mode for some older games like AC2 (when purchased from steam). it was available in previous version
2. ability to run games purchased on Steam games directly without Steam client. In previous version direct shortcut to most games worked perceclty, but now it asks me to enter another CD key because new launcher handles Steam and non-Steam versions as a separate games with different product codes.
1. clean Uplay 2.0 install (if I remove Uplay launcher and use an installer provided on Uplay site) does not work. Just crashes. It works only if I install older launcher first and then update it to Uplay 2.0
2. for some reason people who are in fact offline appear to be online
Last edited by Anykeyer; 07-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Another (major) bug. Cloud save game system is seriously messed up. After Uplay restart (its required) when you run game immediately it somehow syncs old save games and places it locally. But if you wait for a few minutes before starting a game it will download correct/actual saves. After this every sync (on each run/close game) will work properly. But when you restart Uplay again and immediately start a game old save games will reappear. Closing game (but not Uplay), waiting for a few minutes and starting game again will sync correct saves. I repeated this process today a few times, with always same results
Last edited by Anykeyer; 07-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.
UK Forum Manager
Please see the updated first post for details of the latest update - which should fix missing save games.
Please note - Steam purchased games may not show in the launcher - this is normal.
If you get asked to enter a Product Key on your shortcut made for your steam titles - please make a new one from the Steam Library - right click the game and select 'make shortcut'
Save game cloud bug described in my previous post is present in 2.0.1 (in fact I dont know if its existed in 2.0.0 because I just didnt have enough time to notice)
I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations for my PC quite a while ago and have been playing it all the time. Since you just got this new client its making me use the product key again. Which wasn't a big deal, I got it and everything. But when I paste the code it says, "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support." I have been using the same account all the time and never logged out or changed accounts on this computer. And it's still the same user! What's wrong with this!?
Same problem with Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Originally Posted by theVGK74
Retail DVD-box (Russian Akella)