My feedback thread
Okay, so I started this beta a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it for awhile until some real nagging issues started to rear their ugly heads. I will just make a numbered list to make things easier to read.
1. Matchmaking basically doesn't work well at all. When I joined initially, it seemed that whatever algorythm you were using to compile players on a team was much better.
2. It seems that the people willing to spend money on new weapons, armor, inserts-whatever-are the ones just running around basically invincible; i sometimes put 20 rounds into someone point blank and they look at me like I'm throwing snowballs at them.
3. I thought the maps were pretty good at first to support more strategic gameplay reminicsent of real combat. But just read the first two points I made and this is totally not the case. I am in game design school myself,and think the maps are pretty well done and not COD small, yet they need more elements to make run-and-gunners pay to be daring. I push forward myself when I can or need to, but I usually just end up on the short end of the stick. Again, see 1 and 2.
4. I know this is a beta, but I hope you plan on allowing some component switching between weapons.
5. Some weapons are just way too powerful compared to others. A person with a shotgun should not be able to totally outshoot/outaim/outclass someone with an assault rifle at 50 yards. It's not like you are giving players the ability to pick between slugs and shot like in older R6 games, so ranged firing with a shotgun would not be nearly as effective as they are. This is just real world physics.
6. Why can't I change the color of my fatigues and such to match the environment better??
7. Way too much recoil on most weapons. I am using an MK-16 if I'm not mistaken with several attachments. It has a forward grip, muzzle break, and larger scope(which should add weight and reduce recoil), yet after about 4 or 5 rounds on full auto, the gun wants to fly into the heavens like a wayward angel-no pun intended. This weapon is actually lower than most on the recoil rating I think, so I can't imagine how some of the other weapons up the food chain fair when it comes to recoil.
8. Why can't Ghost Recon try and break the mold of modern shooters and return somewhat to its roots?? How about some actual field type settings like forests, jungles, mountains etc; I think older players are longing for some ambush/anti-ambush tactics and strategies in their games. I know I am.
9. After every match, the server kicks me and starts a new search even if I am part of a fireteam.
10. Shearwater, Shearwater, Shearwater, Shearwater, Shearwater, Shearwater-how many times can I play/type Shearwater, Shearwater, Shearwater in a row?
11. Your modelling and textures are well done.
12. I do like the inclusion of the class based tertiary weapon systems like Cloak and Heat for example. This does help balance some of the issue stated earlier, but not by very much.
I'm done for now, thanks for reading.
2. Should be like that though because the more you progress, and level up, the more powerful your character should get. And the ghost coins just make it easier to get what you want because RP is hard to come by.
6. I'd like if you could customize the outfit more.
8. I think it's supposed to be a future warfare style. But I would imagine more maps in the full game.
9. i've never had this problem, check your network?
GRO Community Leader
Ghost Recon Online wouldn't work well with wide open maps, I don't think. The game is very cover based, and maps like that would be too different. I would love to see wide-open type of gameplay, but I don't believe this is the game for that.
2. Money was not spent until last night. The people running around with high level weapons have most likely had at least 1 for a while now. Long before Ghost coins became available for purchase.
4. Don't hold your breath. There needs to be a RP/Money sink, and some thought behind what stuff you buy for your weapons. Hopefully they do not change this.
5. Sometimes people with shotguns get lucky. Sometimes people with assault rifles suck.
7. Troll? The Mk 16 has hardly any recoil. If you just hold down your mouse button and don't try to counteract the recoil at all, then yes, every gun will kick up.
8. Because that has been done. This is a different game. It's just like Diablo 2 vs D3. They were done by different teams and they decided to go different directions with it. That is just the gaming industry today.
10. When there are more map released (OB possibly) you will have more of a variety.