Thread: Intel required on Electronic Download | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Question Intel required on Electronic Download

Hi,

There are a couple of questions that I would want to get answers on. Can anyone please help?

For all electronic download copies of the AC series (AC: Director's Cut, AC2, ACB: Deluxe Digital, ACR:Gold Edition)

Q1. Will I be able to download the games locally and write them out on DVDs, ISOs, etc? Or is it only direct install and never get a copy in your hand? I understand if I buy Extended Download Service the game will be available for 2 years on UBIservers but does that mean I can download the installers in my PC?

Q2. Will I need a continuous internet connectivity for playing single player also? Or is there any offline mode?

Q3. Will there be any artworks, booklets, etc or any such items which will be available with the electronic downloads?

Q4. Will the games be installed via Steam in a normal Steam installation process (which is painstakingly long)?

Q5. Under any issues with reference key/ online key or any purchase issue, how responsive are the customer care? Or is it only on forums that I have to rely on?

Q6. Were would the save files for the games be stored? Only online or locally also if I wish to store it in local?

Q7. Is there any additional restrictions which is not clearly stated in the UbiShop (online store) but will be visible while playign the game? (NOTE: I do not mean any PC config stuff here as my PC can completely support all of the games in the series)

Q8. Is there any additional costs involved when I want to download or play the game which is not shown in the Ubi Shop?

Many Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers!
    Last edited by baanhere; 07-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Q1. Will I be able to download the games locally and write them out on DVDs, ISOs, etc? Or is it only direct install and never get a copy in your hand? I understand if I buy Extended Download Service the game will be available for 2 years on UBIservers but does that mean I can download the installers in my PC?
    If you're talking about ubishop, you can burn the downloaded installation files on DVDs but i'm not sure you can install it from the dvds, you MAY have to copy them to your pc (though installyng from the dvds may also work, i didn't try it)

Q2. Will I need a continuous internet connectivity for playing single player also? Or is there any offline mode?
    You will need an internet connection the first time you try to play the game. It will also download and install the patches for the game. After that you will be able to play the games in offline mode. However, I think you need to be connected to the internet every time you run AC2, for the rest of the games there's no such problem

Q3. Will there be any artworks, booklets, etc or any such items which will be available with the electronic downloads?
    They will be available in digital form

Q4. Will the games be installed via Steam in a normal Steam installation process (which is painstakingly long)?
    Only if you buy them on Steam. Either way the installation process is painstakingly long

Q5. Under any issues with reference key/ online key or any purchase issue, how responsive are the customer care? Or is it only on forums that I have to rely on?
    They are usually pretty slow and their first responce is usually a stock responce, you have to update your ticket to keep it open and have an actual person respond to you personally

Q6. Were would the save files for the games be stored? Only online or locally also if I wish to store it in local?
    In AC2 and ACR they can be saved both locally and online. You can choose if you want online saving or not in the launcher. In ACB they are saved only locally.

Q7. Is there any additional restrictions which is not clearly stated in the UbiShop (online store) but will be visible while playign the game? (NOTE: I do not mean any PC config stuff here as my PC can completely support all of the games in the series)
    Not that I know of, the download version and the retail version are exactly the same

Q8. Is there any additional costs involved when I want to download or play the game which is not shown in the Ubi Shop?
    I don't think there is a way to do that

I hope these help

@TheLeoCrow: Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate. I guess I will live with the minor cons and will go ahead and buy them all.