Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL Assassin's Creed (Historical facts about the AC1 creed) | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

The REAL Assassin's Creed (Historical facts about the AC1 creed)

Hey guys,

So I just wanted to share something I found interesting. You guys remember Altair and the Creed during the Crusades?

Well the Creed was based off of the Hashashin Order (A.K.A Hashshashins, Hashishins, Hassassins, or Hashashiyyins).
    We get the modern word "Assassin" from this Arabic word.
    The Creed was formed around 1092 by Persians and Syrians. They set up their headquarters in Alamut, which was destroyed. The Assassins later fled to Masyaf.

Have you ever noticed how sometimes, in the video game, Al Mualim says "Assassiyoon?"
    I first thought he was just pronouncing the word "Assassin" in a weird way, but it turns out that in the time of the "Real Life Assassins", there was an Assassins leader named Hassan-i Sabbah. He liked to call his student Assassins "Asasiyun", an Arabic word meaning "those who are faithful to Asas"
    "Asas" is the foundation of the Creed (Nothing is true, Everything is permitted)

Assassins and their means of killing were mentioned in Marco Polo's writings.

Al-Mualim was based off one of the Real Life Assassin leaders, Rashid ad-Din Sinan. "Al-Mualim" means "the mentor"

Robert de Sable was actually a real person in history, and was the Grand Master of the Templar order.
    In the game he died in 1191 while in real life he died in 1193.

Salah Al'din was based of the real life Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb, or Saladin. In the game, King Richard and Saladin were in conflict while irl they respected each other and were allies. He was the chief enemy of the Assassins.

The Assassins were also behind the death of Conrad of Montferrat.

Here are the links to some of the articles I got the info from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_ad-Din_Sinan

Well, that's all I got. Hope you guys enjoyed it .

(Btw sorry I kinda just threw all the info in there without it being organized.)
    "On this land, I am torn. Part of me wants to fight and repel all outsiders."
    "The other part of me is the outsider."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I was able to waste a good half an hour reading different wikipedia pages. Thanks!

Most long-term members of the AC forums already knew about all of this :P

Also, almost every single assassination target in the Assassin's Creed games were real people, and a lot of your allies were real people as well.
    Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21
    "And I will say that we should take a day to break away from all the pain our brain has made, the game is not played alone. And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    - twenty | one | pilots

Like Jexx said. Most long term fans of the franchise pretty much already knew all this.

Still it is good information for anybody who didn't, and considering there are no doubt lots of new people around which is only going to increase closer to release and after. It will give them some background to the games' connections to real life .
    Last edited by MT4K; 07-02-2012 at 08:57 AM.

-Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

On this land, I am torn. Part of me wants to fight and repel all outsiders. The other part of me is the outsider. In the name of Liberty, I will fight the enemy, regardless of their allegiance. While men of courage write history of this day, the future of our land depends on those who are truly free.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4PPYflap View Post

In the game, King Richard and Saladin were in conflict while irl they respected each other and were allies.
    Uhm.. are you sure about that? I'm no history expert, but as far as I know Richard led the crusades to occupy Jerusalim which was under Saladins control.
    Then when he couldn't win the city back, he and Saladin came to an uneasy agreement and Richard left.. That don't seem like allies to me. Respected? Sure I guess real men respect their enemies but they were in a war..

"The order is born of realization. We require no creed."

"Asas" means "wings" in portuguese. So basically, does Nothing is true, everything is permitted mean wings?
    "When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it; I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. I was worried I did no have enough time to do everything, now I'm worried I do not have enough time to do anything" - Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote Originally Posted by Dejan507 View Post
    Uhm.. are you sure about that? I'm no history expert, but as far as I know Richard led the crusades to occupy Jerusalim which was under Saladins control.
    Then when he couldn't win the city back, he and Saladin came to an uneasy agreement and Richard left.. That don't seem like allies to me. Respected? Sure I guess real men respect their enemies but they were in a war..
    Indeed. They were not allies at all but rather the leaders of two armies at war with each other. However, they both had indeed high respect for each other and eventually both decided that a truce would be the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by blazefp View Post
    "Asas" means "wings" in portuguese. So basically, does Nothing is true, everything is permitted mean wings?
    Umm... I'm pretty sure Portuguese isn't the same thing as Arabic. So...

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    Like Jexx said. Most long term fans of the franchise pretty much already knew all this.

Still it is good information for anybody who didn't, and considering there are no doubt lots of new people around which is only going to increase closer to release and after. It will give them some background to the games' connections to real life .
    Crap. I didn't know that haha. Well, hopefully there are some people who didn't know this that will be drawn to this thread. Yeah, I've been playing the AC games ever since the first one and I've had a Uplay account since AC2, I just never made a forums account until like last month or something like that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast