Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC3 MP smalls details, big gameplay differences | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

FC3 MP smalls details, big gameplay differences

I noticed some stuff in the multiplayer trailer and some questions came to my mind:

1. If any one ever played COD4 (sorry to talk about COD been similar to it, but thats how its looking) when you called air planes, after it was gone you could directly call another making the sky always full of air planes or helicopters (really breaking the immersion of the game if you want to know) so is there a delay between when somebody last called a plane/ UAV or w/e or is it right after it is gone?

2. Is it possible to shoot the barrel that is dropping from the plane or even to shoot down the plane?

3. Is the attachement system well developped, to allow different type of attachement like Medal Of Honor (barrel, sight, ammo) or is it more like call of duty (1-2 attachement sight + underbarrel launcher or shotgun/ silencer / extended mag)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Some request regarding multiplayer:

1. A capture the flag game mode (can be a variation like CTD on FC2)

2. Animals in multiplayer (can adds some tactical strategy to the maps, for example sharks in a river, also making the map limits around in that case)

3. Ability to desactivate HUD and team points streak and keep the match a ranked match

4. Attachements on pistols / sidearms

5. Swimming in a river going down should be faster

Map Editor request:

1. Ability to create cusom game modes (for example you place an item and add an objective to it , like you must grab it then put it to somewhere)

2. Bear traps, breakable holes trap, well traps!

3. Abitlity to disable certain team point streaks (for example the barrel dropping plane) in case a map is only an interrior map

4. Interactive objects (doors that we can open, stuff like that)

5. Ability to put fire somewhere and / or make a fire event (for example at a certain % of the time / kills / domination point captured)

6. Ability to change the speed/ direction of the water in a river (this could make various cool stuff)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scripts18 View Post

1. Ability to create cusom game modes (for example you place an item and add an objective to it , like you must grab it then put it to somewhere)
    On FCU we managed to get an answer regarding this, the image below confirms that there will be customising gametypes!

Oh thank you, might explain the small number of game modes, just hoping we can customize them a lot, not just changing the time to capture and stuff like that

With them saying that it is a core feature, it might mean that it will be "insanely" customisable. I will try to do a more in-depth interview next time. If you would like to see the Interview, the link is here. http://www.farcryuniverse.com/apps/b...-3-s-comm-dev-

there is also an interview from fcmaps and battlemap.net here:-

Battlemap:- http://battlemap.net/articles/80-fc-3-devs-q-a
    FCMaps:- http://fcmaps.net/p/content/content.php?content.147

note that the FCMaps and Battlemap interviews are both the same as each other but different to FCU's There's also has images
    Last edited by DapperHayden007; 07-01-2012 at 11:18 PM.

I like images

So basicly nobody really read what we say, they only do wall of text WAAAAAH! and they leave?

I see that I'm not the only one that caught FCU using one of the images from the Beast Mode suggestion in the background: http://www.farcryuniverse.com/apps/b...-3-s-comm-dev-
    Last edited by Ix Johnnien xI; 07-02-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Lol hadnt noticed

2. Is it possible to shoot the barrel that is dropping from the plane or even to shoot down the plane?
    I will try to find that out by pestering people for an answer via PM.

3. Is the attachment system well developed, to allow different type of attachment like Medal Of Honor (barrel, sight, ammo) or is it more like call of duty (1-2 attachement sight + underbarrel launcher or shotgun/ silencer / extended mag)
    We do not know enough about this yet, My understanding from the info out there is that EVERY Weapon can be customized with modifications / attachments, I think there will be lots of choice, things like scopes / silencers / red dot sites, have been discussed but I think there will be plenty for us to tinker with.
    Also some of the weapons and attachments can be found by finding a Hard Drive on the battlefield, decoding it which unlocks special things these can be kept or gifted (I am trying to get more info for us on gifting)
    I think other attachments will simply be unlocked by ranking up, The class system allows us to choose which weapons we want to have from those we have.

Some request regarding multiplayer:

1. A capture the flag game mode (can be a variation like CTD on FC2)
    So far it looks like we will not be getting CTF Mode which is a big disappointment to a lot of us, but maybe there is a way for them to create one from the stuff already in the game with a twist (I have an idea / option for this and will tinker with it slightly before posting)

2. Animals in multiplayer (can adds some tactical strategy to the maps, for example sharks in a river, also making the map limits around in that case)
    We know that there are attack dogs in the COOP side of the game but we do not know enough about multiplayer yet, maybe they might have some stuf on some of their own MP maps of which they said 10 would ship with the game - We will have to wait and see, it is a good option but they said no bots in the game so I think the animals could be in only SP and COOP. (I am just speculating and would love to be proven wrong)

3. Ability to DE-activate HUD and team points streak and keep the match a ranked match
    They have mentioned options to tinker with settings and we should be allowed to turn some things on and off - so far we know the Radar has this On / Off option but will have to wait to see what else we can change - My guess would be Team Support / Battle Cry and maybe the On Screen Pop Ups or Voices but again that is all just a guess.

4. Attachements on pistols / sidearms
    As far as I know all weapons can be modified and will have options to change / add attachments.

5. Swimming in a river going down should be faster
    Some clips I watched on a video online showed what I would describe as breast stroke and front crawl - one looked the same as in FC2 and the front crawl looked a lot faster, I think when they show us another MP Video we might get to see more on the swimming side, I think swimming can be used as a way of hiding / stealth.

Map Editor request:

I would like to be able to create King Of The Hill style modes by just having one of the multiplayer nodes in play only and every team's aim is to capture that one node -after that the next one would pop up in another area - this would work the same as territories / seek and secure styled play, Where Domination has all 3 modes in play at the same time.
    Also the thought of creating an option for again just one multiplayer node to be in force with one team defending only and the other attacking, that could be interesting.
    I wan't options for creating custom game modes and hope we get them.

2. Bear traps, breakable holes trap, well traps!
    I was hoping we would find out about traps in the SP Game if they included any - this is a subject we know nothing about yet, Hopefully it will get answered in time - I will copy paste this for the next time I pester Gearhead for some info.

3. Abitlity to disable certain team point streaks (for example the barrel dropping plane) in case a map is only an interrior map
    If it is an all indoors map then the team support weapons would not get past the roof / ceiling but hopefully we will also get options to turn some things on and off for those who want to change settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ix Johnnien xI View Post
    I see that I'm not the only one that caught FCU using one of the images from the Beast Mode suggestion in the background: http://www.farcryuniverse.com/apps/b...-3-s-comm-dev-
    Hehe, don't worry, I asked Tigra
    Oh I just realised, Tigra isn't being credited for the background. I will do that now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast