Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancel on Beyond Good & Evil 2(Again!) | Forums

Ancel on Beyond Good & Evil 2(Again!)

Ancel provides an update on the development! And it's a long while off! The full interview can be found in the July edition of the Official Playstation Magazine.

Good points made by Ancel are:

• Should play more like Assassins Creed.
    • Gonna have big cities and evironments, sounds open world .
    • It's won't be another Duke Nukem: Forever.

http://gamingeverything.com/23059/an...ents-and-more/
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It's about time he said something...
    but, sadly, this is just a small "keep your pants on, we are still doing this!" update,
    so it won't keep me satisfied for long

Ancel has always been straight up, when he can(Ubi's gagging him)! If your looking for someone to blame, Ubi are your guys with they're continuously poor handling of the series.

If Beyond Good & Evil 2 releases, it will be critically acclaimed! You read it here first!
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake View Post
    If your looking for someone to blame, Ubi are your guys with they're continuously poor handling of the series.
    no arguments there...
    ...although, at this point I don't care who's to blame for anything - I just want some info!

Quote Originally Posted by divzip View Post
    no arguments there...
    ...although, at this point I don't care who's to blame for anything - I just want some info!
    I'd be content with official information too! Sadly, I can see Ubi using next-gen development costs as an excuse for not making the game! Theres no commitment, on Ubi's behalf. The development has been that slow it's forced it to become a next gen title. If it happens, it'll happen, there's just no point in people holding their breathes.
    Currently waiting on:

agreed... i'd hate to see it go so far only to have it cut short due to ubi's funding. i'm hoping we'll be seeing something soon though. i want to get the hype early on for fans to get them amped up. we need better marketing and a bigger following PRIOR to release in order for it to succeed and to keep ubi on board with it. i want to see some big time marketing a la bayonetta and lollipop chainsaw. granted, jade's not a busty, sexy woman with stripper moves... but you know what i mean... big time and viral marketing early on so as to get a following for the game long before it's release. that's how they get upstart games big sales and turn them from B-list games to A-list games. despite BG&E2 not exactly being an upstart game, it's certainly not mainstream like others. it's like they gotta start the marketing all over again. would love to see them do something like alice madness returns did with the first alice and have bg&e hd as a free download with all new purchases.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

Ancel has basically been repeating the same thing over the past five years now. Can they even make a sequel at this point, or are they just going to reboot it? Few people played the original, and the (mediocre) HD remake hasn't exactly brought in a lot of new fans (just look at the forum here). The problem is also that, even if they include the original with the sequel, most people are still going to play the sequel. So it'll have to be created with that in mind. Alice: Madness Returns is a good example. I hadn't played the original and I don't think the sequel did enough to explain what happened in the original. I hope they include something like a narrated intro detailing the events of BG&E 1 in the sequel.

@dom: I'm started to warm to the idea of a name change for the series, just so that it can be marketed like a new IP. So it wouldn't put off people who werer reluctant to play the original for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Soulid_Snake; 07-03-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Currently waiting on:

Banned
    I visited the link provided here in the thread. I found quite informative article, but the thing which drew my attention was that it was written that "there are some games which get released after 10 years". Is this real guys ? I mean are there really some games that take 10 years of time to get released ?

Really gettting fed up with the non-news we've been hearing for years now.

elizasteave,
    Some games take long to develop, but that article says 'Some games has you waiting 10 years' as is the case with BG&E2 in the fact that next year IF BG&E2 gets a release it would have been 10 years since the original 2003 release. Doesn't mean that BG&E2 development took 10 years -- but we've been waiting nearly 10 years.

I am wondering if Ancel is being over-ambitious - still talking about 'We're doing research'. It seems that the progession is neverending, and honestly those screens that were posted, I don't like the style to be honest.

If they change the name - then I am no longer interested. Period.

Beyond Good & Evil - Join The Rebellion: BG&E Website | BG&E PC Demo | BG&E Forums
    Beyond Good & Evil 2: BG&E 2 Trailer Pey'J | BG&E 2 Screens | BG&E 2 Concept Reel
    Safe and sound in its shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast