Thread: Math, this company fails at it. | Forums

Math, this company fails at it.

I have played about 8 hours over the last few days. I have not been in one match where the other team did not out level us by 100%. Averaging numbers is not hard, in fact you learn it in 4th grade. Take all the levels of one team add them up and divide by the amount of players on said team. With that being said my nephew is in 7th grade and he can write a script that will take all the players in a game add the levels then find the avg and split them accordingly. gl have fun I am done with this game.

If they can't script simple 4th grade math to make fair teams it will go nowhere. Not to mention all this is, is another duke nuke em / black ops style run n gun em game. The boards are small and crappy, I could design them in 30 minutes.

Why does every FPS put camo on the players and call it a war game? This is not how war is. 8 people do not run around a 100 yard area shooting like ******s. The game has little to no love for sniping without some other duke nuke em style player running over them and spraying them with bullets. Not to mention snipers have little to no way to retaliate close combat and in a game like this where most of your team needs to be run n gun em style to win, that's going nowhere.

To sum it up.... learn 4th grade math.. script team distribution by avg level to make games fair.. fair = fun. Delete snipers they are just dumb in this game. This is not a war game, not even close to it. Reskin the players to be hillbillies and the boards to be swamps football fields and so on cause tha'ts closer to what this play style is then war or military.

Snipers get SMGs dont' they?

ITT: nerd rage.

This game is in a beta. It is going to have issues. This wasn't the least bit constructive. Take your rage induced rants to your blog please, I'm sure they care.
    Last edited by Blank-z; 06-30-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank-z View Post
    ITT: nerd rage.

This game is in a beta. It is going to have issues. This wasn't the least bit constructive. Take your rage induced rants to your blog please, I'm sure they care.
    Nerd rage... lol classic but yet another gamer with no brain of his own. Original content, get some please, k thanks. You do have your own brain I trust you can use it to come up wiht something that's not only over used, but almost always used out of context as a fail comeback to see yourself type and look stupid.

First it is pretty far along beta to have such simple to fix issues, fact not rage. Second, The fact that 9 out of 10 games I join are me (lvl.6) and nobody else higher but maybe 1 player vs a team with 1-2 people my level or lower and the rest 5-25 levels higher is sad ( my last and final game played the avg lvl of my team was 5.65 while the opposing team was 10.45 and every other game before hand not much different)... this can be fixed with a simple script that averages player levels on each side... again 4th grade math... and again not rage but yet another fact. Third these levels are small and crappy and I really can design them in 30 minutes with the proper software.... again not rage yet a fact. Nothing I said is rage everything I said is a fact with maybe one or two opinions such as this is a crappy game for snipers. Fourth this game like so many others that strap camo on players really is not anything close to a "warfare" style game this is also a fact and not rage.

Go back to school please because if you can not separate fact from rage I would highly believe you are just dumb enough to work for this company that can not write a simple 4th grade math script to make matches more fair. Me stating facts and my opinions is not rage so please try to fail less in the future.

Level means almost nothing when it comes to player skill, and using it as something to match players with doesn't work.

If you want to get into technical stuff about how the matchmaking stuff works you should have a gander at this article:
    http://engineroom.ubi.com/machine-le...-recon-online/

The matchmaker is way more complex than you think it is.
    Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Animexsoldier View Post
    Nerd rage... lol classic but yet another gamer with no brain of his own. Original content, get some please, k thanks. You do have your own brain I trust you can use it to come up wiht something that's not only over used, but almost always used out of context as a fail comeback to see yourself type and look stupid.

First it is pretty far along beta to have such simple to fix issues, fact not rage. Second, The fact that 9 out of 10 games I join are me (lvl.6) and nobody else higher but maybe 1 player vs a team with 1-2 people my level or lower and the rest 5-25 levels higher is sad ( my last and final game played the avg lvl of my team was 5.65 while the opposing team was 10.45 and every other game before hand not much different)... this can be fixed with a simple script that averages player levels on each side... again 4th grade math... and again not rage but yet another fact. Third these levels are small and crappy and I really can design them in 30 minutes with the proper software.... again not rage yet a fact. Nothing I said is rage everything I said is a fact with maybe one or two opinions such as this is a crappy game for snipers. Fourth this game like so many others that strap camo on players really is not anything close to a "warfare" style game this is also a fact and not rage.

Go back to school please because if you can not separate fact from rage I would highly believe you are just dumb enough to work for this company that can not write a simple 4th grade math script to make matches more fair. Me stating facts and my opinions is not rage so please try to fail less in the future.
    What Cortexian said is true. Levels do not = skill. For example, Superhero and Cort are both level 30s. Super is far better than Cort, but just because they are both level 30, should they be weighted equally? No, not really. One team will still get stomped. Problem is not solved. Their complex system is necessary for it to take this kind of thing into account.

I have to ROFL at him saying this game is not sniper friendly.

I almost exclusively snipe, and this game was DESIGNED for people like me. If you can recognize where the chokepoints are, and shoot people as they come through, and just plain stay heads up on when your team mates get killed and where, it is **** hard to get killed as a sniper. You should probably play a little bit more, and learn the maps before you make blanket statements disparaging an entire class that pretty much DOMINATES this game.

You are probably dieing because you have no idea where to sit, and you dont pay attention to the eb and flow of the map. That isnt the game designers fault, it's yours.

If you ever bothered to ASK a high level sniper why they are so much more awesome than you, they would probably be happy to give you some tips, because no one wants to play with a paper target on their side. SO before you rage about the most balanced and well thought out class in this game, ask someone for help who has been doing this WAY longer than you before you post a blatantly ignorant post about gameplay issues when the problem is simply your INEXPERIENCE with the game engine.
    Last edited by pitsl4yer; 06-30-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    jspook, out...

Lol I was going to post smth but you summed it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by blank-z View Post
    itt: Nerd rage.

This game is in a beta. It is going to have issues. This wasn't the least bit constructive. Take your rage induced rants to your blog please, i'm sure they care.

I have no problems killing snipers with an assault rifle from long range on the the "semi" trigger setting. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about. This game has very little problems when it comes to the dynamics of the gameplay. Small glitches like being unable to toggle crouch in certain cover, shoulder swapping, and the 100s of other gltiches listed in the "known issues" thread can be a little frustrating but again the game is in beta. Its only been out for 4 months now so if you think its so easy to make the perfect game why don't you program it then? Do you have any idea how much code it takes to make something as simple as just the menu of the game, let alone the character movement and other variables. Your arguments are invalid. Have you even read other sections of the forum?
    And theres no need for so much hate. Your attitude is not required when posting your opinion about the game. So yes Blank-z was right, you're raging. If you don't like the game, don't play it. And for the record, this game is infinitely better than any Call of Duty. Thats my opinion though.

Last edited by perfectOzerO; 07-03-2012 at 06:35 PM.

I have played about 8 hours over the last few days. I have not been in one match where the other team did not out level us by 100%. Averaging numbers is not hard, in fact you learn it in 4th grade. Take all the levels of one team add them up and divide by the amount of players on said team. With that being said my nephew is in 7th grade and he can write a script that will take all the players in a game add the levels then find the avg and split them accordingly. gl have fun I am done with this game.

If they can't script simple 4th grade math to make fair teams it will go nowhere. Not to mention all this is, is another duke nuke em / black ops style run n gun em game. The boards are small and crappy, I could design them in 30 minutes.

Why does every FPS put camo on the players and call it a war game? This is not how war is. 8 people do not run around a 100 yard area shooting like ******s. The game has little to no love for sniping without some other duke nuke em style player running over them and spraying them with bullets. Not to mention snipers have little to no way to retaliate close combat and in a game like this where most of your team needs to be run n gun em style to win, that's going nowhere.

To sum it up.... learn 4th grade math.. script team distribution by avg level to make games fair.. fair = fun. Delete snipers they are just dumb in this game. This is not a war game, not even close to it. Reskin the players to be hillbillies and the boards to be swamps football fields and so on cause tha'ts closer to what this play style is then war or military.

In my first read I was like :

No offense here but it is a good thing he is choosing to leave now cause when the game is actually live and tons of players are well above his level I can only picture disaster ahead from this guy. If people would take the time to read the forums and understand matchmaking is an issue being worked on constantly, remember it is a closed beta, and know that in order to get better sometimes you need to be schooled by higher level players then maybe he would have realized this is a very fun game.

Side note here I was in a round the other night where all I heard over VoiceComms was a little kid screaming at everyone cause his parent let him try and play the game. When he got frustrated and could not play he started going mad, all while the father sat in the background laughing. That is just poor taste and parenting at the finest.