Thread: I need help to find out why I get yeticapserror.txt and the game will not start. | Forums

I need help to find out why I get yeticapserror.txt and the game will not start.

Hello, I just installed the game and when i click on start this message come up. The system does not meet the D3D9 caps requirements.. see yeticapserror.txt for more information. Where do I find that to read about why my cpomuter wont play the game? I can play almost all other FPS games online.
    When game 1st tried to start it updated my directx 10 to directx DSK = which my computer still says directx 10. Do I need directx 11 to play this game?? And what is error D3D9 mean for my computer? I have vista home premium 32 bit, directx10, G965 express chip set for GPU which its also called GMA 3000. I have 2 Gb's of ram and gateway GM5420 computer vista. What do I need to do to get into the game? and what are the other d3D9 caps requirments meen for my computer? and where do i find the yeticapserror.txt to read about the error? I hope some one or more players or MOD'S can help me find the answers I need?? thanks.

I see 35 ppl viewed my?'s but no one has come up with a answer and a fix? what can i do to get into the game? thanks

Ok not sure on this one but this is what i would do in this situation.
    GR:O uses DirectX 9

Here are the min/recommended requirements:

Minimum Configuration:
    Supported OS: Windows XP (32-64 bit) / Windows Vista (32-64 bit) / Windows 7 (32-64 bit)
    Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    RAM: 3 GB
    Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
    Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller

Recommended Configuration:
    Supported OS: Windows 7 (32-64 bit)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Quad Core 2 Duo or 2.4 GHz Intel i3/i5/i7 or better
    RAM: 3 GB
    Video Card: 1 GB Geforce GTS 250 or better
    Sound Card: 5.1 sound card
    Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse

1: Send this on a support ticket link = http://ghostrecononline.us.ubi.com/support/

2: Send a copy of your DxDiag Goto Start menu search type in DxDiag then select it. Let it run select save all info and send that file with your support ticket.

3: Also send this Goto your drive GR:O is saved on. C:\Ubisoft\GRO\NCSA-Live
    so thats folder Ubisoft then select GRO then select NCSA-live
    Inside that there is a text document called YetiCapsError opens with notepad copy and paste all the info from there and also add this to your support ticket.

I am also not positive on your issue but i believe this maybe a resolution error and your native resolution may not be supported.
    And if at all possible i am like a broken watch where i am right 2x a day
    These are the resolutions GR:O uses now might want to try setting your screen to one of these.

1600x900
    1280x768
    1280x720
    1024x768
    1024x600
    Last edited by elke_10; 06-30-2012 at 12:46 AM.