Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Customisation? | Forums

Question Car Customisation?

I know we are talking about an open-world game, but this thread's here just to see how the community feels about vehicle customisation. I've not really seen that much on the game so it's only sensible to suggest. I would really love to see a feature integrated in the game, because we'll no doubt be spending a lot of time in vehicles given the size of the open world.

It's been mentioned a few times, but changing the appearance of a car should also be a tool that allows players to fool the ctOS and the police. Seeing as a pursuing officer may not recognise the car's appearance and they certainly won't recognise a car with a different registration plate.

I don't know how many will sympathize with me here but I'd like to see just enough to make our cars unique and something that we're proud of owning. This would be enough for me;

1. Paints (colour wheel that expands to combine black & white with selected colour)
    2. Bumpers and wheels.
    3. Performance modifications; different exhaust systems, forced induction, transmission, tyres etc
    4. License plates

What's your opinion on the topic?
    Last edited by JBanton; 11-28-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: text colour
    Cars and racing are forever, anyone who tells you otherwise lied to you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Minor customisation would be pretty cool. As long as it is only minor stuff though. I would hate them to spend too much time on something like this when we might actually have tendancies to grab the nearest vehicle all the time depending on how the missions ect go.

I mean i'm not going to run back to where i parked my custom car very often after performing something like in the gameplay demo. I'm going to grab whatever is nearest that looks fast and get the heck out of there .

-Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    Minor customisation would be pretty cool. As long as it is only minor stuff though. I would hate them to spend too much time on something like this when we might actually have tendancies to grab the nearest vehicle all the time depending on how the missions ect go.

I mean i'm not going to run back to where i parked my custom car very often after performing something like in the gameplay demo. I'm going to grab whatever is nearest that looks fast and get the heck out of there .
    It's a fair point, but when the story is over, or when (if?) you're just free-roaming it would be that bit more enjoyable if you're doing it using something that perfectly suits you, the gamer.

I would love it.

Mafia II had some car customization and that wasn't even a true open world game, so I could definitely see it being in a game like this. I haven't played a GTA game in a couple years; can someone remind me if those games had vehicle customization?

Regardless, I would love some car customization, even if it's just as simple as changing the paint. I don't want something so in depth that they spend valuable time trying to make it though.

I would love motorcycles too. Anyone know if they're confirmed? I loved the speed bikes in GTA IV (NRG 900).
    And of course, I hope they have garages for us to keep our cars/bikes in

Quote Originally Posted by xChupa View Post
    I would love motorcycles too. Anyone know if they're confirmed? I loved the speed bikes in GTA IV (NRG 900).
    Oh that's a good thought. I hope there are bikes as well. They are always fun to use in games .

-Emte-
    "If you cannot live together at the start; Be the one living at the end .... かもしれない" - MT4K
    Ubisoft Support.

Quote Originally Posted by xChupa View Post
    I would love it.

Mafia II had some car customization and that wasn't even a true open world game, so I could definitely see it being in a game like this. I haven't played a GTA game in a couple years; can someone remind me if those games had vehicle customization?

Regardless, I would love some car customization, even if it's just as simple as changing the paint. I don't want something so in depth that they spend valuable time trying to make it though.

GTA hasn't had any user-generated vehicle customisation since GTA San Andreas, the Saints Row series has though.

I would love to see some sport bikes and dirt bikes maybe too.

Garages? I would definitely like to see, it would be interesting to debate the features of the garaging system.

Quote Originally Posted by MT4K View Post
    Oh that's a good thought. I hope there are bikes as well. They are always fun to use in games .
    Yes, I totally agree with you, fun they definitely are, we could do flips after opening up bridges like we saw at the end of E3 gameplay.

Would it be nice? Hell yes! Do I think it will be in the game? Nope. I doubt the developers are going to put much focus on cars, period. I hate to say it, but I think the physics and handling of cars in this game will also be poor. Mainly because I believe these guys are going to put emphasized focus on the technology and control the player will have over the world that they've created. Games like Grand Theft Auto are focused around getting from Point A to Point B as fast as you can on 4-wheels, kill this guy, drop this off, and etc; Saints Row is a modified carbon copy. This game seems as if it's going to take more of a methodical approach with mostly on-foot action; lure this guy out, set that guy up for his downfall, trap these guys, know what your enemies will do before they even do, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dymez_510 View Post
    Would it be nice? Hell yes! Do I think it will be in the game? Nope. I doubt the developers are going to put much focus on cars, period. I hate to say it, but I think the physics and handling of cars in this game will also be poor. Mainly because I believe these guys are going to put emphasized focus on the technology and control the player will have over the world that they've created. Games like Grand Theft Auto are focused around getting from Point A to Point B as fast as you can on 4-wheels, kill this guy, drop this off, and etc; Saints Row is a modified carbon copy. This game seems as if it's going to take more of a methodical approach with mostly on-foot action; lure this guy out, set that guy up for his downfall, trap these guys, know what your enemies will do before they even do, and etc.
    It's interesting that you should mention the focus on vehicles, because it looked like they paid a fair amount of attention to detail; the red coupe that we saw in the E3 trailer had features such as a rear diffuser and exhaust system that was capable of producing backfire from un-burned fuel.

Your point does make sense though, I can understand if the focus is more on technology and how the player uses it, along with the setting and story.

Bunny slippers

I love bunny slippers and would love to be able to wear them in the game. Maybe not during missions but just walking around looking relaxed, they wouldn't have to be lots of different colours, just pink or pastel blue. Just think it would be cool to have a feature that has no relation to the game as we currently know it. Also I like hammocks, so accurate hammock physics would be good.
    Last edited by Aversim; 07-03-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: stupid predictive text

Question Re; Slippers

Quote Originally Posted by Aversim View Post
    I love bunny slippers and would love to be able to wear them in the game. Maybe not during missions but just walking around looking relaxed, they wouldn't have to be lots of different colours, just pink or pastel blue. Just think it would be cool to have a feature that has no relation to the game as we currently know it. Also I like hammocks, so accurate hammock physics would be good.
    We saw in the E3 trailer that we would be running from the police forces so why not? Also we're playing with an open world, surely you'll have to be driving around whilst not on missions.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast