Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored proves that it's really hard to demonstrate stealth walkthrough! | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

ok. i will definitely buy Dishonoured.

though the graphics (more specifically, the colours) are really terrible (yeah, i know, it's their "art style"), the gameplay is really, REALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

as for SCB, we'll see how the game turns out.

E3 aside, how much time and effort would it take to record stealth gameplay and put it up on YouTube to shut all the sceptics up and make the stealth players happy?

as much time as it takes to play it. and how long is that? 20 mins? 30 mins?
    Last edited by Ristar85; 06-30-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ristar85 View Post
    as much time as it takes to play it. and how long is that? 20 mins? 30 mins?
    I tried to record stealth walkthrough several times. These six minutes took 5 hours of my life! Because sometimes I wasn't fast enough. sometimes AI patrols were slightly different, sometimes I made a little mistake, slightly changed my route and AI spotted me in different risky places. Sometimes AI reactions were slightly random and unpredictable. Sometimes I shook the camera view or the game automatically turned my camera view and it ruined all presentation. And it just 6 minutes of gameplay of the final game. And I can't say that the final result (my six minutes) is absolutely ideal.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 06-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTWOu View Post
    I tried to record stealth walkthrough several times. These six minutes took 5 hours of my life! Because sometimes I wasn't fast enough. sometimes AI patrols were slightly different, sometimes I made a little mistake, slightly changed my route and AI spotted me in different risky places. Sometimes AI reactions were slightly random and unpredictable. Sometimes I shook the camera view or the game automatically turned my camera view and it ruined all presentation. And it just 6 minutes of gameplay of the final game. And I can't say that the final result (my six minutes) is absolutely ideal.
    dont make any excuses for Ubisoft.

wat people are looking for is any clue of stealth gameplay, and wat it is like. it doesnt need to be h2h only, doesnt need to have knock outs only, etc.

did it take 5 hrs for the guys at Bethesda to do the Dishonoured stealth play through in E3?
    Last edited by Ristar85; 06-30-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ristar85 View Post
    did it take 5 hrs for the guys at Bethesda to do the Dishonoured stealth play through in E3?
    Bethesda announced Dishonored almost a year ago. So...

P.S: Jokes aside, we don't know that for sure, but we can see that they show us fully functional level of the game. Almost every system is highly polished, Because the game is almost ready and they will release it this fall. Also worth mentioning that Dishonored doesn't have multiplayer or co-op mode, so they focused on single-player experience only. While Blacklist PR machine needs to show us much more different materials beside the stealth walkthrough.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 06-30-2012 at 06:47 AM.

I get what you mean, but I mean like...why didn't they have a playthrough where he avoided using mark and execute and snuck by people and hid the bodies? They already have that stuff. The only issue is the AI and if they just showed a playthrough with what they have with the commentator discussing just a FEW things they havent implemented YET...it would've been nice...

Couldn't they have shown a playthrough without the knife? you know what I mean?

I agree the AI being unfinished is a good excuse.

But if it was at a stage that could be showed then there is no excuse not to atleast show a Stealthrough on Youtube.
    Variable speed gives more control over your walk/sneak which in turn gives your animations a personal touch and increases re-playability. It is also tied directly into the AI sound system.
    Analogue controllers where created to give you more control over your character and the Developers have a responsibility to use it.
    For me it's a no buy without it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    I get what you mean, but I mean like...why didn't they have a playthrough where he avoided using mark and execute and snuck by people and hid the bodies? They already have that stuff. The only issue is the AI and if they just showed a playthrough with what they have with the commentator discussing just a FEW things they havent implemented YET...it would've been nice...

Couldn't they have shown a playthrough without the knife? you know what I mean?
    Maybe the Map isn't complete yet ?!, remember it was hands off, meaning if someone got their hands on it and tired another route the game may crash, once you hear the word hands off it means the game is far from playable.

And I totally agree with KenTWOu, Dishonored showed stealth just now and we are like a couple of months from release or something, while SCB was just released, Hitman Absolution did the exact same thing, and guess what everyone ripped the games apart, they didn't believe the developers, kept on and on about how it is a rip off or just a TPS Action game, but at the end it is pretty clear they were absolutely delusional.

SCB still lacks alot, the animation isn't complete, the Map is probably not complete, the AI is still on the work, there are technical aspects, heck Deus Ex Human Revolution crashed during the Social Demonstration once, even though the developers were ready to show what they got, so if our Devs showed you an in the work - not so deep - stealth mechanic, people will go on and on tearing it apart, saying how much it sucks, even though there maybe great depth that is just no ready to be shown, so they are waiting till they can show you what they really got, not just a plain not interesting stealth video.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Why does this always happen?
    what did everyone say about ScC? "oh they cant show stealth cause of etc etc" or "the Devs said it has stealth etc etc"
    what happen? when ScC came out?? just think

Stealth Vid cant be done?....This vid proves how to market a game Showing WHY its Different not Showing how NOT Different
    prove that u can show stealth and action and this is not the first stealth vid

in Fact at E3 they show action and stealth
    this is just the Full release of the Vid that everyone have seen and played
    look at any E3 Vid u will see parts of this Vid just chop off
    any E3 vid interview where they talk about stealth first than action.....now they got a lot of eyes on them.....

ScB should had done this
    talk about stealth, talk about action , show Stealth , show Action , show how stealth and action can be mixed
    it should have stand out more but in a irony it acted like a Splinter cell blending in with the dark in this case being the other games and Still being shadow by COD cause that the Sam Fisher of Action World.......

now love how the Devs have been somewhat connected to the forums
    but after last time Devs will have to show stealth cause
    "fool me once shame on you, fool me trice shame on me" they did it once i take my lesson and apply it here
    Proof is what they need just like how Hitman gave Proof that its Hitman, that it has stealth, that it still had the kill sand box, and that its still complex...
    until i see it....i wont believe

oh yea one thing Dishonor shows how to make a real fast pace stealth game and be a "stealth" game

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Maybe the Map isn't complete yet ?!, remember it was hands off, meaning if someone got their hands on it and tired another route the game may crash, once you hear the word hands off it means the game is far from playable.

And I totally agree with KenTWOu, Dishonored showed stealth just now and we are like a couple of months from release or something, while SCB was just released, Hitman Absolution did the exact same thing, and guess what everyone ripped the games apart, they didn't believe the developers, kept on and on about how it is a rip off or just a TPS Action game, but at the end it is pretty clear they were absolutely delusional.

SCB still lacks alot, the animation isn't complete, the Map is probably not complete, the AI is still on the work, there are technical aspects, heck Deus Ex Human Revolution crashed during the Social Demonstration once, even though the developers were ready to show what they got, so if our Devs showed you an in the work - not so deep - stealth mechanic, people will go on and on tearing it apart, saying how much it sucks, even though there maybe great depth that is just no ready to be shown, so they are waiting till they can show you what they really got, not just a plain not interesting stealth video.
    So you HAVE to use the knife in the demo? Or use mark and execute in the same spots? That seems odd. Why would it crash if you didn't? I guess it could but still.

And after Conviction...after so many classic fans felt betrayed....I thought they would've finished the "pick up body" and "drop body" animations by now...Shouldnt that have been one of the top priorities so they could at least show a basic, classic feature returning (and not just whistling). I'm not saying they had to have as deep a stealthrough as Dishonored which is way more complete but something showing a bit more stealth.

The thing with Absolution is that the company hadn't already released a more casual and way different game. Blood Money, the last Hitman, was classic Hitman. So the people who cried foul were under the belief that they had seen the popularity of Conviction and changed the game to match the aggro-stealth genre. Look at the name even. Conviction. Absolution. But they had more leeway in that they hadn't already messed with the game, the game was on track and wasnt in such a development hell as SCC was. So when they first showed the game off and people thought it looked cheap and badmouthed it -- they were fearful. Then they came out with the stealthrough and showed that the original gameplay was pretty much a prologue (or thats what it seems). The game is sticking to it's roots while updating things like giving a cover system, etc. A cool cover system where you can stand as well. Dishonored is a completely new IP, it gets a crapload of leeway.

Anyway. Blacklist doesnt get such leeway seeing as they already screwed up the franchise IMO with Conviction. So the fact that they showed almost NO stealth other than a scripted disguise sequence (which isnt even classic SC stealth), the whistle (once), and then the sticky shocker...amidst one action hero sequence after an other....I mean. What are Legacy fans to think? I thought they'd show a stealth video containg the intro, a way to sneak past the first set of guards (seeing as most of them are turned around and some are patrolling, climb the cliff and then go through without fighting the truck enemies. I was thinking they'd show Sam sticky shocker an enemy directly, sticky shocker the water, and use the lure to use a nonlethal karambit-less corner takedown and then move the body. How could they not have gotten that stuff? Did they really wait before just recently to really start implementing hiding bodies? If so...that doesn't bode well for ghosts. So far its sounding more and more like a panther and action fan game with things tacked on to hopefully "appease" the ghosts as opposed to being designed with the archetypes in mind. More like: design missions, set up guards for awesome firefights and panther gameplay, throw in hiding bodies later and hope they can sneak around or dont notice it's not made for them really."

I will GLADLY eat my words and be oh so happy to be proven wrong. but I was one who was at first fearful for Absolution but I gave it way more chance than I'm giving SCB because hitman hasnt screwed me over yet. Meanwhile.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast