Thread: Tech Idea | Forums

Question Tech Idea

Hi all !

Ok, so i just have an idea, this is simply turn the "Profiler" into our SmartPhone and like this, we can interact on the WD world with our iDevice or Android device. I know it's possible for PS3 (with android Phone) and XBOX (with Windows Phone).
    Imagine look on the security camera, control traffic, turn off all the phone, listen any conversation, on your SmartPhone, i think that can be really cool.

What do you think ?

Sorry if express myself badly, I'm French
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Do you mean something like Wii U external device interactivity ?

Yes but the Wii U is the first device to explore it, but not the first who can do it. My idea is turn the profiler from WD in an app on our Smartphone. I think that can be verry cool.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    I understand now, but a personal device needs a stand alone software (for iOS, Android...) to communicate with the console and that, if ever possible, would take out precious time to developers and i don't think that is worth it
    Last edited by Viragoxv535; 06-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    I understand now, but a personal device needs a stand alone software (for iOS, Android...) to communicate with the console and that, if ever possible, would take out precious time to developers and i don't think that is worth it
    Not necessarily. Ubisoft would likely have another team start up work on those types of interactivity with their games. Microsoft just released the SDK for the SmartGlass software they demoed that would be very similar.

The only problem I see besides time and money resources, is that this may not be fast enough. We see the player use the profiler device while driving to interact with things like the bridges. So I wouldn't really want to take my eyes off the screen while driving just to look at my phone when the in-game version would be faster.

I do remember Dominic Guay (Lead Producer) talking about a smartphone app that would integrate into gameplay, I can't remember the exact details but it has been mentioned

I hope the actual gameplay itself integrates some fascinating technology, like being able to triangulate the locations of targets using chips fitted to vehicles that you own. Or being able to attach bugs to obtain remote control over any target vehicle.
    Cars and racing are forever, anyone who tells you otherwise lied to you.