Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3 on PC | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 on PC

I have an old dated PC with on board graphics and if I tried to run Far Cry 3 on it I think it would simply have the fright of it's life. (no doubt it would fry with the pressure)

I am keen to hear some details from the PC Side of the game, yes I am been nosy and I understand if you do not want to answer.

Here are some questions for you guys, this will hopefully give me the names to put with that side of the game / community on here so when I see you guys posting I know where your from in terms of gaming platform.

Although they have not released specific details yet for PC System Requirements and I understand that these gaming rigs allow you to alter the settings to get the best out of the machine, Are you confident that your current PC will run Far Cry 3 on the Top Setting or do you think you will have to upgrade.

This is the cheeky part - Roughly how much did your Gaming PC cost and if you were to buy it today what would the price be (I have no idea how old your machine is - and also understand that there will be people with different currencies on here - don't worry I can use a currency converter)

If your PC can not handle the top settings would you be looking at upgrading or simply adjust the settings and run the game on a lower setting.

I really don't know if I could get my head around using the keyboard and mouse in a game but understand that turning and shooting with a good mouse must be very quick, have you used a gaming controller and if so did you feel at a disadvantage.

Are you purchasing Far Cry 3 on PC mainly for Singleplayer or Multiplayer

IGE (In Game Editor) Where are all the editor junkies from the PC side of the community, do they hang out somewhere else, I don't see many posts from thse guys on here.

I am unsure if the benchmark is still Crysis 1 for graphics on this type of game (FPS) but can you see FC3 looking better graphically on a Top End PC - Daniel Berlin said at Pax that they intend to push FC3 to the limit on all platforms.

Thanks to anyone that jumps on here and posts, I know there are a regular handful but it would be nice to hear from a few more.
    I just know it is gonna hurt me if FC3 looks a million times better on PC and although they said that the editor is the same across all platforms they said the same about the FC2 one and you got those mods, lights and fires and no performance meter. But I just don't know if I could handle that platform - and also I hear things about paying for servers and stuff - whats that about ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    I solely play singleplayer and i'm sure my pc will run the game fairly well I7-970, GTX470, 12GB ram, Win7(DX11)

I have a 4890.

I might have a bit of an issue. Ran FC2 pretty well, though.

I'm quite sure my PC will run it. I have ordered a HD6870 for FC3. My build (After buying the HD6870) is worth about 1000€. In 4 years I only spent 175€ on upgrades, and it runs everything pretty well, so it's not a too bad price. I guess 1000€ would be roughly £800.

Rental servers... Of course you *can* rent a server for most games, but most games also contain free server hosting utilities (E.g. Dedicated Server applications.).

I guess there are so few PC mappers because the game (Far Cry 2) is dying on the PC. It's almost dead right now.

And trust me, I'll be back moddin' Far Cry 3.

Banned
    Why do you guys play on PC? When you are going to get the same game as console players. Do not convince me that PC gaming is better than playing on consoles. I play the PC sometimes, but I have more fun on my PS3 even though it plays most games at 30 FPS.

I will never touch PC gaming again, because I do not support Microsoft and their crappy products. HEAR THAT MICROSOFT!!!!

PC gaming is dying due to consoles. A console is an easy pick up and play and will be more popular. People do not want to figure stuff out for them selves. What has happened to Humanity? We have become so narrow minded and stupid as a society? I'm sorry I'm like the Lazlow of this Forum ( Radio talk show host off of GTA 4). That goes off topic and complains a lot about his problems.
    Last edited by elitesniper365; 06-29-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Why does someone walk when they can run or they can take a bus - That is simply down to personal choice.

Sure it will be the same game but should be graphically superior, No one is trying to convince you of anything.

No one is forcing you to touch PC gaming, again it is down to choice.

I don't want to get into the PC - Console debate and I am sure no one else does either, please be a little more selective with your posts - you are entitled to your opinion but I would advise that you write it in a way that would not create a flame war or would not provoke others - here is a quote below from the forum rules.

Causing disturbances in forum threads, chatrooms or gamelobbies, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters (trolling)

Lets not let this Thread go down that route - Thanks.

Banned
    elitesniper365 sorry I edited your post by accident (I thought I had clicked reply but I must have got edit by mistake) - Luckily I managed to go back and get your reply, I posted it below with my reply (sorry about that)

I'm not trolling. If I were, you would know that. Forum rules? Who even reads those. I love the rule (Sarcasm) that you cannot question a Moderators authority (Actions). That is the most tyrannical (Stupid) rule that I have ever heard of in my life. The rules on this forum are vauge. That a Moderator can have you banned, just from posting something they did not like. Who wrote the rules anyway?

I got banned from the EA forums for yelling at ex-military vets about the war in Iraq. I will not ever post there again. Guess what one of the Mods was in the military .

Back on topic. I do not want to see a flame war also. I just want to say that I HATE Microsoft and their products. I have Windows Vista for this PC and when I go and try to download something. I get a virus. It goes somewhere into Vista land and I have to try to find it. Why can't somebody make a simple easy to use software that does not get a Virus everytime you do something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Reply

I was in the Army for 4 years - I had no interest in promotion and I generally prefer to be told rather then telling others, As for Banning - this stuff is not my style the other site where I am part of the admin team I have been over there for about 6 years and have used the ban hammer once, on a guy who joined to spam the forum with links to a wedding clothes store.

I work with a lot of people who swear by Apple computers, my own PC has a duel boot option where I can boot from Linux or Microsoft XP - My actual PC was purchased with Vista but I had it taken off and replaced with the old XP.

It would be nice to see everyone get along on here, I have seen all the PC / Console arguments and the 360 v PS3 stuff over the years, I have also brought up a political issue in one of my posts before that I got away with, and recently I was involved with some strong opinions which had me losing it a little - luckily that ended up balancing into a good debate.

The forum rules are guides - if they were enforced then there would only be a handful of people left on here, we don't want to be looking over our shoulders though - people have a right to their opinions and views - But at the same time we have to have a balance - the goal is a place where we can all post happily and to help others and get along no matter which platform we use to play the game.
    Last edited by FALLEN CHAMP; 06-29-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elitesniper365 View Post
    ...Do not convince me that PC gaming is better than playing on consoles...
    Sure with mouse & keyboard you can aim more fast and precise than a stick..

...I do not want to see a flame war also. I just want to say that I HATE Microsoft and their products. I have Windows Vista for this PC and when I go and try to download something. I get a virus. It goes somewhere into Vista land and I have to try to find it. Why can't somebody make a simple easy to use software that does not get a Virus everytime you do something.
    What has that to do with gaming ?
    Last edited by Viragoxv535; 06-29-2012 at 09:37 AM.

I'm sure that my current PC won't be able to run FarCry3 on the top settings but I'm not going to upgrade it because I will buy a new computer soon.

I prefer to play with keyboard and mouse and when I try to play with others gaming controllers I feel at a disadvantage.

I purchased FarCry3 because I enjoyed a lot playing FarCry2's singleplayer and also because I have seen many changes in its online gaming.
    A more frenetic online gaming, accompanied with FarCry's map editor, would give a great experience of gaming.

Back on topic. I do not want to see a flame war also. I just want to say that I HATE Microsoft and their products. I have Windows Vista for this PC and when I go and try to download something. I get a virus. It goes somewhere into Vista land and I have to try to find it. Why can't somebody make a simple easy to use software that does not get a Virus everytime you do something.
    The viruses are not Microsoft's fault. Get a proper antivirus program and you'll be fairly safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast